Catcher in the Rye

SylvesterStallone

Apologies if this has already been asked, but what is the status of this song? Axl has been wishy washy about it and hasn't to my knowledge either confirmed or denied it being on CD. The track is never played live so far and is never mentioned. Will it be released? Or just another demo that's going to be scrapped and thrown in Axl's vault along with This I love, etc?

Imho it's the strongest of the leaks, and if Axl re-recorded his vocals now and finished the demo, it would be phenomenal. CITR has the potential to be an instant classic if released....

Apologies if this has already been asked, but what is the status of this song? Axl has been wishy washy about it and hasn't to my knowledge either confirmed or denied it being on CD. The track is never played live so far and is never mentioned. Will it be released? Or just another demo that's going to be scrapped and thrown in Axl's vault along with This I love, etc?

Imho it's the strongest of the leaks, and if Axl re-recorded his vocals now and finished the demo, it would be phenomenal. CITR has the potential to be an instant classic if released....

no offence at all mate, but how in the world would we know if it was going to be released?

no offence at all mate, but how in the world would we know if it was going to be released?

RICHARD SAID IT WILL BE ON THE ALBUM

This song would be laughed off the chart if it was released. It is not cutting edge music, it has been done many times before, there is nothing special about it. What is it that you guys think stands out about it? Just sounds like a run of the mill album filler to me.

This song would be laughed off the chart if it was released. It is not cutting edge music, it has been done many times before, there is nothing special about it. What is it that you guys think stands out about it? Just sounds like a run of the mill album filler to me.

Didn't blow me away to be honest. TWAT is the only one that has to be hones and even songs like CD and IRS don't do things for me in the same way that AFD songs like Think about you and Brownstone do.

Fish

I think it will be on the alubm. I think Brian May is playing on it (or at least I read this somewhere), so it probably will be released.

But since it's not one of my favourite songs, I don't think too much about this, as long as we have Better, I.R.S., TWAT and Madagascar on the album.

Two things:

1) I strongly believe that CITR is the best thing GNR has ever done - This is the song that exemplifies the "magic" that Brian May is referring to when he talks about Axl. If they gave the song a proper outro instead of a fade out, it'd be perfect.

2) Anyone have Richard's quote? I often see it referenced, but no one can produce the evidence that he did in fact say it...

We don't know.

We have people saying "YES IT WILL" be on CD, as though it's fact.

We have people saying "NO IT WON'T" be on CD, as though it's fact.

The FACT is that we don't know for sure.

Even if Richard said it WAS or WAS NOT going to be on the CD, that could by the time it's released.

Who knows - by then maybe we'll have evolved away from CDs anyway ;)

I don't really think, according to Uncle Willy's comments on Eddie Trunk, and the lack of it appearing in a setlist, or hearing about it in general, that it will be on the first CD, Chinese Democracy. I hope it makes it out in final form though, in my opinion it is a great song, and even my GNR hating brother really likes it. When I invited him to see gnr in Baltimore, he was like "I hope they play Catcher In The Rhye" and i was like "dont bet on it"

anyway, It is a good song, and deserves to see the light of day.