This 13million figure??

mr.b

Where did ye pull this outta? i thought merek said this was bull? And that the real cost was round the 6-7 million mark. It seems that people are juat using this figure as another excuse to be pissed off...

B)-->

QUOTE(mr.b @ Nov 3 2006, 11:26 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Where did ye pull this outta? i thought merek said this was bull? And that the real cost was round the 6-7 million mark. It seems that people are juat using this figure as another excuse to be pissed off...

I think the New York TImes 'created' this figure, and it's spread about like wild fire, and everyone uses it now as fact, but I don't think anyone really knows.

LP

B)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(mr.b @ Nov 3 2006, 11:26 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->

I think the New York TImes 'created' this figure, and it's spread about like wild fire, and everyone uses it now as fact, but I don't think anyone really knows.

LP

Didn't merek send a letter to then calling it bull basically?...

I can never get the quote right...

Edited by mr.b

i remember reading it in kerrang magazine :ph34r: about 2 or 3 years ago

it was in the "6 things you didn't know last week" section

although the same issue also said gnr would be at download with VR that year

Edited by vicious

i remember reading it in kerrang magazine :ph34r: about 2 or 3 years ago

it was in the "6 things you didn't know last week" section

although the same issue also said gnr would be at download with VR that year

Well were all guilty of that at some point or another. i just dont see any reliable source for this figure. Some one just seems to have made it up...

Pitman can't work his magic on 25 grand. What would you get then? A GnR album with no beeping sound effects. That would be a disaster. Like Simon and Garfunkel without vocal harmonizing. Or Metallica with short hair.

or Appetite For Destruction.

B)-->

QUOTE(mr.b @ Nov 3 2006, 11:26 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That $13 million dollar figure has been printed everywhere that talks about the new album, from newspapers to magazines, and Merck is the only one saying its bull? Who am I going to believe, a dipshit manager or about 7-8 (probably more) printed sources?

B)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(mr.b @ Nov 3 2006, 11:26 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->

That $13 million dollar figure has been printed everywhere that talks about the new album, from newspapers to magazines, and Merck is the only one saying its bull? Who am I going to believe, a dipshit manager or about 7-8 (probably more) printed sources?

Just like you'd probably ignore what a field general is telling you about how a war is going, and listening to what CNN, MSNBC, the BBC and other liberal news networks tell you about it.

Hey, look at all those people jumping off the bridge, let's go jump with them!

:rolleyes:

B)-->

QUOTE(mr.b @ Nov 3 2006, 06:26 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

could be 6-7 mil pounds and 13 million $$$

I could care less about how much it cost, unless it was under 25 grand and recorded on ProTools in Axl's Garage.

You mean "couldn't care less".

But to be honest I'd even take it, recorded on Pro Tools in his garage. :)

So it bothers you too when people say 'could care less'? I hate it too (and I'm not being a jerk to the person who originally said it, it's just one of the things in life that annoy me that probably shouldn't)

I could care less about how much it cost, unless it was under 25 grand and recorded on ProTools in Axl's Garage.

You mean "couldn't care less".

But to be honest I'd even take it, recorded on Pro Tools in his garage. :)

So it bothers you too when people say 'could care less'? I hate it too (and I'm not being a jerk to the person who originally said it, it's just one of the things in life that annoy me that probably shouldn't)

Me too. Everytime I read it I think 'does that mean they care or they don't care?'...couldn't care less = could not care less = do not care at all. Could care less must mean you care :huh:

I think I'm missing sth here. :book:

What the 13million figure is all about? :confused:

Somebody to enlighten me please!

Apparently Chi-D cost 13 million to make. Bull if you ask me, as this figure was made up by some writer slating the album for taking so long...

B)-->

QUOTE(mr.b @ Nov 3 2006, 07:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Apparently Chi-D cost 13 million to make. Bull if you ask me, as this figure was made up by some writer slating the album for taking so long...

Thanks pal! :)

B)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(mr.b @ Nov 3 2006, 07:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->

Thanks pal! :)

No bother...

Can someone tell me what it is im doing wrong when i quote that does that^^ to the post. Would be very gratefull...

Edited by mr.b

It was in excess of $10 million more than two years ago.

So, the $13 million figure doesn't surprise me.

But where did that figure come from? LAst time I checked, bands dont say how much an album costs to make? Unless your linkin park in which case you plaster it everywhere...

B)-->

QUOTE(mr.b @ Nov 3 2006, 09:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

But where did that figure come from? LAst time I checked, bands dont say how much an album costs to make? Unless your linkin park in which case you plaster it everywhere...

It's called 'research'. The New York Times is considered the most reliable news source in the world because they research from multiple sources and 'fact-check' their information.

It's pretty easy to ballpark the costs, any band would pay roughly the same price for the same services. They know how much the studio costs, the gear rental, the standard producers' rates, somebody spilled the beans on the band and tech salaries and a bunch of other things, and I do believe they also quoted some Geffen financial documents that somebody at the company obviously slipped them.

It's equally easy for management (or whoever) to skewer information. Case in point, when Geffen was folded into Interscope years back, the rumor was that GNR had already spent six-million, but on paper, all the old debts were wiped clean, Interscope re-wound the odometer to zero. So depending on where the NYT got their info, it could be $6 mil higher and actually $19 mil, or if it was already part of their figure, management can say 'they're full of shit, it's only $7 mil'.

Or they could be really sneaky and take the money from the Live Era sales which is applied to the CD debt and just quote the outstanding balance.

And yeah, I'd believe CNN over a Field General everytime. CNN has no bias (and sure as shit, if you're taking info from all the networks, even more so), no stake in the information and they get the it from multiple sources. The FG is a myopic, tight-lipped, armed control freak who will tell you whatever it takes to win the war.

And 'could care less' drives me nuts too!