They played "Down on the Farm"

RJ88

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

no, farm was always on the options list according to the setlist picture

technically if they were listening to the critics they woulda played a new cd song on the second.

so no, bitching didn't work, they're gonna play when they're gonna play it

Actually a lot of the criticism was that if they couldn't play more new stuff yet to at least mix in something different. I think by that most of us thought Illusion material, but the idea is the same - more variety.

I guess this snuffs out the argument made by all the Axl apologists, that you can't play obscure songs because of the casual fan. It doesn't get much more obscure than Down on the Farm.

I was there, He said before down on the farm, this coud be a disaster or something like that, great show, great place for show. met Ron and Dizzy at the Radisson, getting ready to go to the show, I asked Ron about the Nashville show, He said they would probablly be coming back nex't time with a slight shrugg.

Great show, I seen absolutley no problem with Axl or the show, Only thing is they go on so late, everybody gets so hammered, Guy took a swing at me cause I asked him to move out of my view. But Thats life Awesome show couldn't have asked for more, Then on the way home I hit one of the Biggest Kentucky bucks i ever seen, an totaled out my truck.

technically if they were listening to the critics they woulda played a new cd song on the second.

Actually a lot of the criticism was that if they couldn't play more new stuff yet to at least mix in something different. I think by that most of us thought Illusion material, but the idea is the same - more variety.

I guess this snuffs out the argument made by all the Axl apologists, that you can't play obscure songs because of the casual fan. It doesn't get much more obscure than Down on the Farm.

actually, it can get more obscure, they could play things like.....i don't care about you or human being'

no, this is a smart move

think about it this way, recall the only time this song was played live

on national tv with millions watching

was not farm aid not only a good performance combined with huge publicity because of addler?

better yet, how many gnr concerts do you remember televised before rio 2?

there was the vmas,thats about it

if there was one gnr song of tsi? to play from sheer publicity other than the manson song it was down on the farm

i mean, not many actually liked since i don't have you and no one ever saw axl play ain't it fun

good move axl

Dont get me wrong, glad to see they are changing up the setlist, but there are so many others that are much better than that one, not to mention the fact it is a cover. Original GNR would be better, Estranged, Yesterdays etc. But any changes are nice I s'pose.

Axl's not gonna play estranged, and his voice cant handle yesterdays anymore

You must be smoking crack.

I was there, He said before down on the farm, this coud be a disaster or something like that, great show, great place for show. met Ron and Dizzy at the Radisson, getting ready to go to the show, I asked Ron about the Nashville show, He said they would probablly be coming back nex't time with a slight shrugg.

Great show, I seen absolutley no problem with Axl or the show, Only thing is they go on so late, everybody gets so hammered, Guy took a swing at me cause I asked him to move out of my view. But Thats life Awesome show couldn't have asked for more, Then on the way home I hit one of the Biggest Kentucky bucks i ever seen, an totaled out my truck.

Yep. He said, and I remember this exactly, "This could be a recipe for disater". Then he said how he hadn't played it in 15 years or so and as soon as they started playing, I fuckin flipped! That night was pretty crazy. Hopefully, someone has a bootleg... god please lol Axl should definately keep playing DOTF! He sang it accent and all. Twas great! Fuck... think I'm gonna write a reveiw for the show :rofl-lol:

AxlRocks

actually, it can get more obscure, they could play things like.....i don't care about you or human being'

no, this is a smart move

was not farm aid not only a good performance combined with huge publicity because of addler?

if there was one gnr song of tsi? to play from sheer publicity other than the manson song it was down on the farm

i mean, not many actually liked since i don't have you and no one ever saw axl play ain't it fun

good move axl

I can assure you that 99.9% of casual fans do not remember Down on the Farm, if they ever knew of it to begin with.

no, this is a smart move

good move axl

I can assure you that 99.9% of casual fans do not remember Down on the Farm, if they ever knew of it to begin with.

Along with Better and IRS, I seen a LOT of people near me singing DOTF. Seemed like there was a lot more hardcore fans there than usual.