Press statement on canceled Portland show

madison

From Sanctuary:

DATE: Nov. 6, 2006

SOURCE: Sanctuary Group

TITLE: TONIGHT’S GUNS N' ROSES SHOW IN PORTLAND, MAINE IS CANCELLED

Tonight's show at the Cumberland County Civic Center has been cancelled due to limitations imposed by local fire marshals.

A band spokesperson commented, "Axl and the band are very unhappy about not being able to play for the fans in Portland but have been advised after several meetings with local fire marshals Nelson Collins and Bob Cadigan that they have made it impossible for the band to perform their show to the usual high standards that their fans deserve.

More importantly, we have been informed that officials intend to enforce rules and regulations that should not and do not apply in this venue. Our production manager and crew have been in this building with Clay Aiken and Green Day and none of the restrictions imposed on Guns N’ Roses were experienced by those artists. It is our opinion that they are going out of their way to target and single out Guns N' Roses and the band's loyal fans. Following consultation with the band's manager, agent and promoter, it was felt that it was best to cancel the show. It is a regrettable decision, particularly at this late notice, but it is of paramount importance that our fans have the best experience possible without being harassed and threatened.

"We look forward to continuing the tour in Worcester on Wednesday."

**PLEASE NOTE THAT TICKETS CAN BE EXCHANGED AT THE DCU CENTER SHOW IN WORCESTER, MASS THIS WEDNESDAY NIGHT – NOVEMBER 8TH. TICKETS WILL BE EXCHANGED FOR BEST AVAILABLE LOCATIONS AT THE DCU CENTER.

If you are unable to attend the Worcester show, refunds will be available at point of purchase.

• Replies 315
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It's never GNR's fault <_<

Maybe not, but it was a management fault. The stupid in charge should be fired and they need to hire somebody able to beside other stuff call and visit each venue in advance (during the tour!) and check a long list of things. It looks like there are a lot of amateurs there. Soundboard problems, problems with the fire dept. in the day of the show, this is a joke. The good guys on the GNR 'family' needs better assistants, IMHO.

Haha, what a joke.

I'm pretty sure the fans would much rather see a show "not up to the high GN'R standards" (a.k.a. without Pyro) then no show show at all and those "extra rules" seem to go hand in hand with the rumours that they weren't allowed to bring booze on stage.

Ya your fucking cool Axl. Whiney little bitch. You sir, are a DOUBLE TALKIN' JIVE MOTHERFUCKER.

:fuckyou:

Edited by da_pope

Haha, what a joke.

I'm pretty sure the fans would much rather see a show "not up to the high GN'R standards" i.e. without Pyro then no show show at all and those "extra rules" seem to go hand in hand with the rumours that they weren't allowed to bring booze on stage.

Ya your fucking cool Axl. Whiney little bitch. You sir, are a DOUBLE TALKIN' JIVE MOTHERFUCKER.

:fuckyou:

i agree that the fans would rather see a show without pyro and shit, then no show at all, when it comes down to it, axl didn't feel like going on stage, gnr camp just word it good, so it looks like gnr are doing it for the fans pff lol.

da_pope, i'm pretty sure that the fans would love a semi-accoustic set. I bet that the fire marshalls would allow two keyboards and maybe three electric guitars. No pyros, entire AFD, some Lies and UYI, no new songs and a huge apologies for the fans there from the start for not being able to do the full set.

IMO the fire regulations stuff is a lame excuse. I think the real reason is that the management realized that only few tickets were sold, today and in Worcester. So they wanted to put the two crowds together. So they have to perform only once.

Of course that's not very nice and it sucks major donkey balls for the people who planed to attend the show tonight. But I'm kinda reliefed because I already had the apprehension that the whole tour was off and we would have to wait until 2008 before Axl would make his next public appearance and tell someone that he is planing to release Chinese Democracy in the spring of 2009 :scared:

Edited by final_touches

It's never GNR's fault <_<

Maybe not, but it was a management fault. The stupid in charge should be fired and they need to hire somebody able to beside other stuff call and visit each venue in advance (during the tour!) and check a long list of things. It looks like there are a lot of amateurs there. Soundboard problems, problems with the fire dept. in the day of the show, this is a joke. The good guys on the GNR 'family' needs better assistants, IMHO.

I was being sarcastic...

I love how every press release that deals with some negative happening always ends up with GNR/Merck/Axl/and now Sanctuary attacking and putting all the blame onto someone else....in their eyes it's never their fault and everyone is trying to single them out.

no wonder Axl still plays "Out Ta get Me"...cause he still thinks the fire marshals, buckethead, slash/duff, and the whatever "stopped" him from doing Vancouver/Philly are out to get him.

edit: I forgot that the "lame-ass security" is out to get him too, along with his neighbor that he attacked and the Swedish(?) police

Edited by 3rd Wheel

I'm surprised that they didn't follow mel gibsons lead and blame the jews. :rolleyes:

There isn't any reason that they couldn't have gone ahead with the show without the pyros. The fans are coming to hear the music and they aren't going to be disappointed if there are no pyros.