Press statement on canceled Portland show

madison

Haha, what a joke.

I'm pretty sure the fans would much rather see a show "not up to the high GN'R standards" (a.k.a. without Pyro) then no show show at all and those "extra rules" seem to go hand in hand with the rumours that they weren't allowed to bring booze on stage.

Ya your fucking cool Axl. Whiney little bitch. You sir, are a DOUBLE TALKIN' JIVE MOTHERFUCKER.

:fuckyou:

I 2nd That :fuckyou::anger::fuckyou:

dude when the CD release is announced at some point of this tour all of the Axl haters like urself will think Axl is king and try to hop back on the ban wagon, I know it.

"ban wagon"?

• Replies 315
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

http://billboard.blogs.com/jadedinsider/20..._n_noshows.html

Guns N' No-Shows

Well, this didn't take long. Eight shows into Guns N' Roses' fall tour, the band is back to its usual show-going antics, having cancelled tonight's (Nov. 6) gig in Portland, Maine, due to low ticket sales. Jaded Insider's man on the scene dropped by the 8,800-capacity venue thinking he'd maybe score some last minute seats, only to be turned away by arena staff.

However, a press release from the band blames the cancellation on "limitations imposed by local fire marshals. Axl and the band are very unhappy about not being able to play for the fans in Portland but have been advised after several meetings with local fire marshals Nelson Collins and Bob Cadigan that they have made it impossible for the band to perform their show to the usual high standards that their fans deserve."

"More importantly, we have been informed that officials intend to enforce rules and regulations that should not and do not apply in this venue," it continues. "Our production manager and crew have been in this building with Clay Aiken and Green Day and none of the restrictions imposed on Guns N’ Roses were experienced by those artists. It is our opinion that they are going out of their way to target and single out Guns N' Roses and the band's loyal fans. Following consultation with the band's manager, agent and promoter, it was felt that it was best to cancel the show. It is a regrettable decision, particularly at this late notice, but it is of paramount importance that our fans have the best experience possible without being harassed and threatened." GNR is offering to exchange tickets from tonight's show for "the best available locations" at tomorrow's concert in Worcester, Mass.

Meanwhile, sources say the rumored Nov. 21 release date for the band's long-festering album, "Chinese Democracy," is definitely not going to happen. It remains to be seen if the disc will see the light of day before the end of the year. For Billboard.com's review of GNR's show last week in Jacksonville, Fla., click here.

I really have lost faith in the CD coming out this year. Axl and Merck simply don't have their shit together.

Something wrong with you guys -

WHAT ABOUT THE WAY THIS GUY HAS ACTED AND PERFORMED OVER THE COURSE OF THIS TOUR AND THIS YEAR WOULD MAKE SOMEONE PRETEND TO BE A DAMN PSYCHIATRIST??

I've seen nothing but a solid band playing solid shows and having a good time - A fire code does'nt sound like a good enough excuse?

If at this point there was no excuse, or no press release, fine - reason to worry

We've got both - so grab a drink and chill

From Velvetrope.com :

Quote:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Stop with the bullshit. Tonight's cancellation had nothing to do with ticket sales. Go read the press release that spells out exactly what the problem was and exactly who the blame should fall on. I can't believe how hard some of you are wanting this to fail. News flash, it's going to be a major thing when the album drops, and if you thing the fanbois are out of control now, well........

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What press release??? I spoke with the band (not Axl) only a couple of hours ago and they sold less than 3,000 seats in an 8,000 seat room. I'm not sure just what the reason was but it was not cancelled until 6pm leaving fans and the like shocked.

According to sources it was the lack of sales. If I'm wrong, I apologise but that is what I've been told. If there is a "press release" please post it. The band is on the bus driving to Boston. That's what I know.

The local radio is not saying very nice things either. I wish they had booked a smaller venue and it would have been so cool but it has to hurt to sell those kind of numbers when Godsmack just sold out the same room recently.

I dunno! I've taken my make-up off and me and Mr. Mamamine are doing the TV and sake thing.

Let me also add that I am not one of the people that wants this to fail. I've got buddies playing in the line-up and I was excited as hell to see Frank Ferrer drumming tonight. He was in his hotel room one minute and then the next told the gig was off. He was might upset when he called us.

---------------------

welcome to the Jungle Frank . It won't be long before his own bandmates turn on Mr. Rose .

Axl Cancelled the Portland Maine show at the very last minute because the show didn't sell out.. A little over 3000 tickets sold, the venue holds over 6000. The band is playing it off as the Fire Inspector wouldn't let them use all the pyro they wanted so they didn't want to put on a half ass performance. Close members of the GNR crew working that night said it was because of the ticket sales. I was a faithful fan since I saw the Welcome to the jungle video when I was in the 4th grade its now almost 17 years later, I feel really let down!!

Slash and Duff left GN'R because they didn't share Axl's grand vision for the future of the band. So this is it? This is why he alienated his band mates and spent a decade in hibernation for? GN'R dies in Maine with hardly a whimper?

Good call Ahab, Chinese Democracy has become your great white whale and your obsession has finally consumed you.

The Hammerstein was less than half the size of this venue in Maine, and pyros were No Problem at all.

And I THINK there was pyro at the Las Vegas show, but for some reason I can't remember. There was definitely confetti... :tongue2:

Anyway, aren't these the type of discussions and negotiations that take place even before a venue is booked?

The press release isnt clear about exactly why. I was left wondering is it cos there's a fire risk? Or the audience can't drink or the band? What? I think that Portland has something against GNR. Maybe Cobain related or just the whole scene is more you know less Pyrotechnical.

The press release isnt clear about exactly why. I was left wondering is it cos there's a fire risk? Or the audience can't drink or the band? What? I think that Portland has something against GNR. Maybe Cobain related or just the whole scene is more you know less Pyrotechnical.

GNR has played the civic center before though...

Haha, what a joke.

I'm pretty sure the fans would much rather see a show "not up to the high GN'R standards" (a.k.a. without Pyro) then no show show at all and those "extra rules" seem to go hand in hand with the rumours that they weren't allowed to bring booze on stage.

Ya your fucking cool Axl. Whiney little bitch. You sir, are a DOUBLE TALKIN' JIVE MOTHERFUCKER.

:fuckyou:

kleenex-719448.jpg

Trust me, it was the fire marshall. I'm not just saying that because thats what the press release says, I've been to the venue and it is really small, not a safe environment for pyro. Last I was aware, saftey issues classified as a legit reason :sleeper:

Axl Cancelled the Portland Maine show at the very last minute because the show didn't sell out.. A little over 3000 tickets sold, the venue holds over 6000. The band is playing it off as the Fire Inspector wouldn't let them use all the pyro they wanted so they didn't want to put on a half ass performance. Close members of the GNR crew working that night said it was because of the ticket sales. I was a faithful fan since I saw the Welcome to the jungle video when I was in the 4th grade its now almost 17 years later, I feel really let down!!

So, they cancelled the show because they couldn't do fireworks. Well how about just not using them?

Jesus Christ. Who cares about pyros. Just play the fuckin show and everybody would've been happy.

Agreed..another lame excuse from GNR management.They can do it,with or without the fireworks.

From Velvetrope.com :

Quote:

Stop with the bullshit. Tonight's cancellation had nothing to do with ticket sales. Go read the press release that spells out exactly what the problem was and exactly who the blame should fall on. I can't believe how hard some of you are wanting this to fail. News flash, it's going to be a major thing when the album drops, and if you thing the fanbois are out of control now, well........

What press release??? I spoke with the band (not Axl) only a couple of hours ago and they sold less than 3,000 seats in an 8,000 seat room. I'm not sure just what the reason was but it was not cancelled until 6pm leaving fans and the like shocked.

According to sources it was the lack of sales. If I'm wrong, I apologise but that is what I've been told. If there is a "press release" please post it. The band is on the bus driving to Boston. That's what I know.

The local radio is not saying very nice things either. I wish they had booked a smaller venue and it would have been so cool but it has to hurt to sell those kind of numbers when Godsmack just sold out the same room recently.

I dunno! I've taken my make-up off and me and Mr. Mamamine are doing the TV and sake thing.

Let me also add that I am not one of the people that wants this to fail. I've got buddies playing in the line-up and I was excited as hell to see Frank Ferrer drumming tonight. He was in his hotel room one minute and then the next told the gig was off. He was might upset when he called us.

---------------------

welcome to the Jungle Frank . It won't be long before his own bandmates turn on Mr. Rose .

Trust me, it was the fire marshall. I'm not just saying that because thats what the press release says, I've been to the venue and it is really small, not a safe environment for pyro. Last I was aware, saftey issues classified as a legit reason :sleeper:

The Hammerstein holds only 3,000 people and they had pyro there. This venue in Portland is at least double the size.

The real reason the show was cancelled this came from the fire marshal and head of security.

This is the truth. Axl called in earlier today about ticket sales and they were low. It was only about half full. Axl never left NYC thus the reason the show got cancelled. That is the real reason.

Please - everyone - keep the discussion on the canceled show in one thread.

As for this new theory - if you can name an actual source who said this, then you're free to start another thread. But if it's just another theory or opinion with an unnamed source, please keep it in the same thread.

A GN'R tour is not complete without a canceled show or two based on the mood swings of W. Axl Rose. Love him! Glad I'm not in Maine though. :laugh:

Anyway, aren't these the type of discussions and negotiations that take place even before a venue is booked?

Yes! Thats why I don't believe the excuse. I've seen pyro at small clubs for crying out loud. What a lame excuse. :(

Yes! Thats why I don't believe the excuse. I've seen pyro at small clubs for crying out loud. What a lame excuse. :(

agreed. they pulled the show cause of ticket sales. must be quite a blow to the ego.....can't even fill half an 8000 seat room in portland maine. bitch of it is: if they had released a single by now or announced a release date, they wouldnt be having these problems....that show would have sold out weeks ago.

still can't help but the get the "just dippin our feet in here" vibe from the gn'r camp.

or the "i like you, but see i'm kinda busy so i'd like to date you but you know, no commitment or anything. i dont want to meet your parents or hear about your problems, but i would LOVE TO FUCK YOU FROM TIME TO TIME...." vibe....

Edited by ohyesindeed

agreed. they pulled the show cause of ticket sales. must be quite a blow to the ego.....can't even fill half an 8000 seat room in portland maine. bitch of it is: if they had released a single by now or announced a release date, they wouldnt be having these problems....that show would have sold out weeks ago.

still can't help but the get the "just dippin our feet in here" vibe from the gn'r camp.

or the "i like you, but see i'm kinda busy so i'd like to date you but you know, no commitment or anything. i dont want to meet your parents or hear about your problems, but i would LOVE TO FUCK YOU FROM TIME TO TIME...." vibe....

exactly,lol

Tonight on Letterman.

The top ten excuses for Guns N Roses cancelling thier show in Portland, Maine:

[ 10 ] The Laker game is on TV tonight

[ 9 ] Axl’s still getting over Buckethead quitting

[ 8 ] Axl’s mic got lost in the barrel of monkeys

[ 7 ] Baz has a sore throat and GNR would hate for Papa Roach to be the only warm-up

[ 6 ] Bumblefoot got tied up in airport security (refused to take his shoes off)

[ 5 ] The venue refused to provide a litterbox for Axl’s girlfriend

[ 4 ] The band needs tonight to put finishing touches on Chinese Democracy

[ 3 ] Three words: violent botox reaction

[ 2 ] The whole band wants to spend some time with Brain’s new baby

[ 1 ] The evil fire marshall hates Guns N’ Roses