Message from Merck and Axl

thelostrose

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wouldnt a problem with kaneda moaning so much if he actually said some good much as much as he says the bad stuff ;/

Maybe because the "bad stuff" is established fact and all the "good stuff" is pretty much specualtion we hope comes true despite no evidence to support it.

Jarmo is your greatest ally and he has a proximity to us that is to your benefit...

"Proximity?" ... Are we to assume Jarmo is on the GNR payroll now?

And sorry - but how do fans' uncensored views and opinions create "chaos and confusion?" Many of the fans - a large majority of them actually - have been going to the shows. They're not just sitting behind their computers.

looks like madison's angry....

*hands her a chainsaw* :drevil:

do not mess with a gnr fanwoman scorned

I just want to say a big thank you for Merck and Axl for explaining this in detail. I wish you'd have more similar kind of contact with fans in the future, especially in Axl's case. I really appreciate this and once again thank you for clearing things up. Hope to see you again in the near future.

If you get raped and your attacker explains why he did what he did and makes you understand his view point on the situation...would you forgive him? The bottom line is that they canceled the show at the last minute and inconvenienced a-lot of people unnecessarily. Poor Operations Management I think.

When people like your self talk out of your ass, and talk bullshit , yes bullshit(you never met jarmo have you , you have no idea whats goin on , your just in the internet world trying to be something you arent), And yes I was perplexed by the reasons for deleting of post and stuff, but rest assured, once you really meet people and hang out with them and can laugh about all the bullshit that goes online, then you would see what is going on. Bitching behind a Cp, isnt gonna do you shit, get out , meet other gunner fans, go to shows, and realize that your constant moaning online and shit , will get you nowhere, and the only one in the game who's lost is you!

I respectfully disagree Jazjme.

Nobody is saying Jarmo isn't a great guy to hang out with. He may very well be. But that's not the issue. It's about fans coming to a fan board to share their opinions with other fans. Sorry, but I just don't see fans' views creating "confusion and chaos." *shrugs* Does deleting those opinions mean they'll go away? I don't think so. Addressing them and debating those views could though.

Good point, Madison.

I think it's great that Merck and Axl address the fans and clear things up. Of course we can't ask for this every time but when these type of things happen it's very important to communicate.

yeah but he even stated they don't care about criticism, etc...which is the fans views you are speaking of. It is the bullshit that they pull out of their asses and present as facts and don't even try to say people don't do that here or on anyother messageboard because it definitley happens.

They don't care about criticism, but they blast 80% of their fanbase publicly twice in the past couple weeks? They cancel a concert and are quick to claim why they didn't cancel the concert, but refuse to claim why they did?

Axl has a history of just doing whatever he wants. You can choose to believe what they (management) throw out there as fact. That's your right. Don't expect everyone to believe stories that don't make sense just because Axl said so. Supporting him is great, sucking on his right testicle is unnecessary. You have your own mind. Use it for something more useful than you currently are. Form your own opinions.

It's been a long time since I've read a statement that reeked so much of condescension and disdain for the fans. The problem with their litany of excuses is that Axl has a long record of missing shows for no reason and the fire marshals in this town don't have a history of screwing around with visiting bands, or else we'd have heard about it by now.

They didn't explain how it is possible that fans discussing the rollingstone article or the harley ad at HTGTH were spreading "chaos." That may be because their argument is utterly untenable and just a fig leaf of lies to cover their blatant censorship.

I'll buy CD when it is released, but I'm not going to waste my time driving to Iowa to see them live. The contemptuous attitude that prevails among these people is no longer overcome by the quality of the music. In short, they're really not worth my time and money anymore. This is what happens when you let you audience know that you don't give a shit. You're left with making up lies to cover up why you couldn't even sell half the tickets for a show. Good luck guys, I'll see you next year in Branson.

It's been a long time since I've read a statement that reeked so much of condescension and disdain for the fans. The problem with their litany of excuses is that Axl has a long record of missing shows for no reason and the fire marshals in this town don't have a history of screwing around with visiting bands, or else we'd have heard about it by now.

They didn't explain how it is possible that fans discussing the rollingstone article or the harley ad at HTGTH were spreading "chaos." That may be because their argument is utterly untenable and just a fig leaf of lies to cover their blatant censorship.

100% agreed.

Its a fucking discrace :angry:

I'll buy CD when it is released, but I'm not going to waste my time driving to Iowa to see them live. The contemptuous attitude that prevails among these people is no longer overcome by the quality of the music. In short, they're really not worth my time and money anymore. This is what happens when you let you audience know that you don't give a shit. You're left with making up lies to cover up why you couldn't even sell half the tickets for a show. Good luck guys, I'll see you next year in Branson.

Agreed.

Through all the shit over the years and the constant laughter we've endured as GN'R fans by skeptical "outsiders," any other band would be incredibly grateful to still find themselves with such an adamant fanbase. The fact that there is only one original member left in the band only adds to the wonder of GN'R - can you imagine ANY other '80s/'90s band sparking so much discussion years on?

And I didn't mind their cancellations and silence before, because hey, it was GN'R. But now I'm starting, for the first time ever, to feel like I don't even WANT to support this band anymore. They have shown such disdain for the Internet fans and made huge generalizations about the type of people "sitting in front of their computers." Axl himself has dissed the Internet numerous times, which I can understand, but to collectively label the Internet users as "pests" (as per Del James' article) or for Merck to try to give us a tongue-lashing for discussing a cancellation, is simply weak.

They're taking us for granted.

If we all stopped posting tomorrow - everyone, on every GN'R forum - they'd realize quick just how vital the Internet fanbase has been for this band.

What promotion have they had so far for the album?

None.

It's the Internet fanbase that's promoting the band with Internet postings, YouTube (fanmade clips and video/song uploads), etc., etc., etc.

Nice way to alienate the fans, Merck.

My question is, How are you any less of a fan if you're not going to the shows? Before you start telling people to "reconnect to reality," perhaps you'd better realize that people have responsibilities: families, jobs, financial issues, etc. We can't, at our leisure, drop everything and travel over vast terrain to make it to a GN'R show to sit for two hours waiting for them to show up. They won't even play in my state because last time they did there was a massive riot and Axl got into legal trouble. And what about fans in other portions of the world where GN'R has NEVER played?

In my humble opinion, they need to hire a new publicist who is appreciative of the vast fanbase. Other bands are highly grateful of the Internet users and do all types of special things for them. In my opinion we're spat upon more than any other band-fans and that's a damn shame, because NO true Guns N' Roses fan deserves the type of treatment they've been dishing out for the past number of years.

I thought their new website was - FINALLY - a step in the right direction, but that died quick after they promised us "exclusive video" to help get return visitors and then completely ditched it without a "Sorry" or any type of explanation for why it was never posted.

Edited by Estranged Reality

Agreed.

Through all the shit over the years and the constant laughter we've endured as GN'R fans by skeptical "outsiders," any other band would be incredibly grateful to still find themselves with such an adamant fanbase. The fact that there is only one original member left in the band only adds to the wonder of GN'R - can you imagine ANY other '80s/'90s band sparking so much discussion years on?

And I didn't mind their cancellations and silence before, because hey, it was GN'R. But now I'm starting, for the first time ever, to feel like I don't even WANT to support this band anymore. They have shown such disdain for the Internet fans and made huge generalizations about the type of people "sitting in front of their computers." Axl himself has dissed the Internet numerous times, which I can understand, but to collectively label the Internet users as "pests" (as per Del James' article) or for Merck to try to give us a tongue-lashing for discussing a cancellation, is simply weak.

If we all stopped posting tomorrow - everyone, on every GN'R forum - they'd realize quick just how vital the Internet fanbase has been for this band.

None.

It's the Internet fanbase that's promoting the band with Internet postings, YouTube (fanmade clips and video/song uploads), etc., etc., etc.

My question is, How are you any less of a fan if you're not going to the shows? Before you start telling people to "reconnect to reality," perhaps you'd better realize that people have responsibilities: families, jobs, financial issues, etc. We can't, at our leisure, drop everything and travel over vast terrain to make it to a GN'R show to sit for two hours waiting for them to show up. They won't even play in my state because last time they did there was a massive riot and Axl got into legal trouble. And what about fans in other portions of the world where GN'R has NEVER played?

In my humble opinion, they need to hire a new publicist who is appreciative of the vast fanbase. Other bands are highly grateful of the Internet users and do all types of special things for them. In my opinion we're spat upon more than any other band-fans and that's a damn shame, because NO true Guns N' Roses fan deserves the type of treatment they've been dishing out for the past number of years.

I thought their new website was - FINALLY - a step in the right direction, but that died quick after they promised us "exclusive video" to help get return visitors and then completely ditched it without a "Sorry" or any type of explanation for why it was never posted.

I second that!

No matter what they say it is censoring fans and its fucking wrong, well done for clarifying things for a change but please dont tell me Jarmo is my friend coz he is nothing more than a little fucking hitler.

Now explain CD and Philly................. thought not.

The typical moron...

That Hitler reference is always astonishing. I didn't know Jarmo was - just like Hitler - responsible for the death of millions of people...

Also, why should they mention the album? This statement was only made to address the show cancellation, and all the speculation that surrounded it. No reason for throwing an album mention in this particular issue.

One more thing: Axl did explain the reason why he can't talk about the Philly incident, dumbass. Are you illiterate or what? Read again, if you're capable of that.

Hey Man.

Get off Get off Axl's Back's back. :xmassrudolph:

Ha :lol:

I was banned from HTGTH for sharing a phone call related to the fire marshall cancelling the gig.

They lie about the nice things about Jarmo and his site. He's not a friend!

I hope for a apology message from Axl & Merck now....

Well, about 100 people from Europe have sucked off.... I mean "thanked" Axl and Merck for the statement on the other board. Of course, anyone who posted any objections to the statement had their posts removed.

I'm still curious to know what the 3400 people in Portland, Maine, who had tickets to the show, think about the "apology." If anyone from there reads this, do you feel like your safety would have been in jeopardy if GNR couldn't have bottles of alcohol on stage? Would it have ruined your concert experience if they drank out of a cup, rather than a bottle?

Edited by JimMorrison4

Agreed.

None.

After something like this arises, I'm inclined to agree with you on this statement. Things are just out of hand at this time. I support this band fully, but your points are exactly what everyone else is probably feeling. There needs to be something, or some kind of change.

Great post.

I live in/around Portland. For whatever reason, I decided at the last minute not to get tickets. Ok, quite frankly I was having drinks with a girl from work who'd I'd wanted for the past 3 years. After all the shizzit that's gone down over the years, you're damn right that this woman was a better choice than G&R. I had a better chance with her than actually seeing G&R anyway... Guess I made the right decision.

Anyway to answer the question... I wouldn't have felt like my safety was in jeopardy due to alcohol bottles or even pyros. Hell, Motley Crue was here in '05 and they ALWAYS have bottles (Jaeger, Jack) on the stage. In Lewiston this year they even went about passing the Jaeger bottle through the crowd. The only safety concern I had was the fact that I wanted to get close and I knew that meant I'd have to deal with all the jackasses who still think mosh pits are fun. There was the most violent one I've ever seen at the Godsmack show last month... losers.

Anyway, I'm not sure what to think. Did G&R's reputation precede them and did the fire marshalls really pull a dick move? If the answer's yes, then I'm actually happy Axl walked away from about $200k in ticket sales. If it is true, then I hope that the fire marshalls lose their jobs.

Or is this really just another Axl screwjob? I wouldn't doubt that either, but it sure does seem like Axl might not be the cause this time. Hard to believe... but it just may be true.

I saw the full lineup in Portland back in '93 (with Brian May!!!!) and they blew the f*ing doors off the place. Perhaps if there had been an album and a better promotional campaign... they would have sold the place out again. Maybe then with a potential packed house... both sides would have seen the insanity of situation and let the show go on.

Here's a link to the Portland newspaper article... in case anyone cares...

http://news.mainetoday.com/updates/007865.html

Jesus Christmas... I just listened to the fire marshall interview. He sounds like the biggest stuck up jackass who was on a freakin' powertrip.... Thanx for doing such a shizzy job representing the state and making us look like a bunch of assclowns!!!

Edited by Axl F*ing Rocks