Message from Merck and Axl

thelostrose

The reason for people flaming Jarmo and leaving HTGTH and chosing other forums is mostly because it´s not bad rumour-threads and so called negative threads that are being locked like they try to make us belive in the Merck/Axl statement. It makes me upset that they think we really are that stupid that they can write a statement and claim these things as true when most of us know it´s not. The main problem is that threads with good discussions that all the fans are interested in (because WE ARE FANS. *duh*) get locked or removed without any warning. The forums have rules you must agree upon when you sign on to them but on HTGTH you can be shut down without breaking any rules. It´s like Jarmo and GN´R Management think that internet cencorship is OK and want to have rules only they know about and that WE (the forum members) DIDN´T AGREE UPON when we signed on to the forum in the first place. I mean, we are there to discuss one of our favourite bands, and being that we don´t get much info from the GNR Camp it makes us more interested in discussing leaks, rumours and whatever we can get our hands on. It´s just logical and in one way you, the GNR Camp created this situation. Still, if we had more information, rumours and other GNR related stuff would still be interesting to dicuss (hey, its a FORUM if you didnt notice) and I think you all should be happy people are taking an interestt in the band since you havent released anything since 1993. So stop being control freaks and let us talk freely. As I´ve stated many times before, if someone doesnt like a thread or topic just stay out of that thread. All the locking and removing threads will just make people leave the forums. As long as we aren´t breaking any rules and not being complete assholes to eachother there are no reasons for all this dictatorship. It´s music we´re discussing, not national security issues.

I am here on the forums because I like GNR, not the other way around. But liking them means I also can be pissed at them from time to time and I have the right to express that too. But it seems like the only thing some people want to hear is how good and dandy evrything is. I want a forum where we can talk about what WE want, not what GNR or a mod who gets personal gain from doing whatever the GNR camp says wants us to talk about. Jarmo sunk his own ship and trying to save it with lies about us spreading bullshit is just childish and low.

I never go to HTGTH or the swedish GN´r forum anymore just because of the locking and removing threads. And especially because the mods arent willing to discuss why they remove stuff. Often they can´t even back it up. It´s sad it has evolved to this, when all we really want is to talk about a great rock band.

Edited by Lukinx

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The hell are you people on anyways

This is not the place to slag other forum mods anyway. So what if it was served up through Jarmo?This is not Burger King, you cannot have it your way. You cannot switch your onion rings(jarmo) for fries(madison) or subs(take a guess). This is not the place to slag other people.

That place is anything goes, as long as it's legit :drevil:

wrong person

Jarmo is such a weasel. By the way merck, I was banned from HTGTH for expressing my " opinion or critique of the band " so don't say you welcome it. Sad to see that Merck and Axl spend their day reading posts and telling Jarmo which one's to delete. No wonder the album has taken 13 yrs. Maybe if you assholes spent more time in the studio and less time online reading posts that don't mean shit , then maybe there would be some progress. I can't believe what a just read. lol

When people like your self talk out of your ass, and talk bullshit , yes bullshit(you never met jarmo have you , you have no idea whats goin on , your just in the internet world trying to be something you arent), And yes I was perplexed by the reasons for deleting of post and stuff, but rest assured, once you really meet people and hang out with them and can laugh about all the bullshit that goes online, then you would see what is going on. Bitching behind a Cp, isnt gonna do you shit, get out , meet other gunner fans, go to shows, and realize that your constant moaning online and shit , will get you nowhere, and the only one in the game who's lost is you!

Edited by jazjme

wrong person

Jarmo is such a weasel. By the way merck, I was banned from HTGTH for expressing my " opinion or critique of the band " so don't say you welcome it. Sad to see that Merck and Axl spend their day reading posts and telling Jarmo which one's to delete. No wonder the album has taken 13 yrs. Maybe if you assholes spent more time in the studio and less time online reading posts that don't mean shit , then maybe there would be some progress. I can't believe what a just read. lol

When people like your self talk out of your ass, and talk bullshit , yes bullshit(you never met jarmo have you , you have no idea whats goin on , your just in the internet world trying to be something you arent), And yes I was perplexed by the reasons for deleting of post and stuff, but rest assured, once you really meet people and hang out with them and can laugh about all the bullshit that goes online, then you would see what is going on. Bitching behind a Cp, isnt gonna do you shit, get out , meet other gunner fans, go to shows, and realize that your constant moaning online and shit , will get you nowhere, and the only one in the game who's lost is you!

I´d say that someone who hasn´t met Jarmo (and its not only Jarmo we´re discussing, seems wrong to just put all the weight on him) would be more objective to what is going on and why people are upset and leaving forums than someone who conciders him a friend.

Btw, you are on the internet complaining right now if you didn´t notice. You´re acting the same way as the people you are upset over, so get off that high horse and remember: it´s only rock n roll.

Edited by Lukinx

I see a number of people flaming Jarmo and the moderators for removing posts at our request. I understand that you feel that we are using our influence to censor you. We are not. If someone wants to express their opinion or critique the band and its performances, recordings, actions etc that does not bother us but when you spread lies and disinformation about everything from ticket sales to release dates to how Pollstar calculate their chart we will use our relationship with Jarmo to shut you down because you cause chaos and confusion and you try to take something good and turn it into something ugly.

Then why was i banned from HTDGTH for posting a link to the Harley-Davidson site that was simply showing an advert that just happened to be using a Gn'R track :rolleyes:

/not that i am so bothered, as MyGnR is the better place to be :)

They did the same to me . It's funny how they have managed to ban most of the people that helped keep the GNR name alive during 99-00 . The majority of the people there now didn't even know who GNR were around that time . I agree with you this is a better place anyway.

just to add, that the HD-commercial-stuff got removed because management didn't want the media to find about it, since a lot of internet news serivces lately look a lot at HTGTH. i can understand the point of the management, though i don't like. since that i visit mygnr more and more lately.

Edited by thelostrose

1. regarding the cancellation, i believe that they really thought they were preventing a bad situation (ie: a riot) from possibly occuring. you have to applaud them for that. that shows they've learned from past mistakes.

2. the "censorship" issue. if you go to a show and post that you thought it sucked balls, i don't think they'll remove your post. if you live in Finland and you post negative comments on how they didn't play your favorite deep album cut from UYI II, you WILL get censored. it does create bad "word of mouth" that is really uncalled for.

3. as far as all of the "we ain't got a release date, wtf?" people are concerned. look, they said they aren't fucking announcing a release date but that it would be out this year. so tell me how the lack of a release date is a sign that it's not coming out as promised? they obviously are trying to market this album in a different way and the first weeks sales are not the "be all end all" goal of Axl and co. once the album is out i guarantee you will see all kinds of promotion. and because of their approach their gonna get alot of FREE PRESS!

4. Kaneda's a douchebag.

/thanks for your time

//flame on................

Arthur

Edited by artfromtex

AXL AXL AXL! thats what i'm talking about! no bullshit!, no miscommunication here, great work! thats all i ever wanted, that other press release sucked, not this one, nice work axl, and merck!, now was that so hard boys? lol, but a thanks from the fans, i also take back anything bad i said about this situation, i admit i was wrong!, i'm glad i was wrong about this subject too.

tho i'm not too happy about HTGTH being the fav site of the band! it's still kiss ass valley~~! this site still has a shit load more fans as well! it does great things for the band! it should be given some credit!, jarmo banned me for having an opinion! i wasn't speading lies! or spamming the forum! i was booted before i got the full amount of warnings as well!, axl and merck might like you, but i think your major dick jarmo!. peace out gnr nation!.

Edited by aussie_axl

Jarmo is your greatest ally and he has a proximity to us that is to your benefit...

"Proximity?" ... Are we to assume Jarmo is on the GNR payroll now?

And sorry - but how do fans' uncensored views and opinions create "chaos and confusion?" Many of the fans - a large majority of them actually - have been going to the shows. They're not just sitting behind their computers.

I respectfully disagree Jazjme.

Nobody is saying Jarmo isn't a great guy to hang out with. He may very well be. But that's not the issue. It's about fans coming to a fan board to share their opinions with other fans. Sorry, but I just don't see fans' views creating "confusion and chaos." *shrugs* Does deleting those opinions mean they'll go away? I don't think so. Addressing them and debating those views could though.

Nobody is saying Jarmo isn't a great guy to hang out with. He may very well be. But that's not the issue. It's about fans coming to a fan board to share their opinions with other fans. Sorry, but I just don't see fans' views creating "confusion and chaos." *shrugs* Does deleting those opinions mean they'll go away? I don't think so. Addressing them and debating those views could though.

Agreed

LA

(Funny how GNR's management have this thing about these 'make believe' fans who sit behind computers causing negativity, and who don't go to the shows. It might just be me, but I'd say there are probably hundreds, if not, thousands of fans, who routinely check GNR forums for info on the band (and have done for years!) and they may have never had the opportunity to attend a show - but they are FAR greater fans than you're average concert attender. Just an observation...)

Edited by LA_0013

haven't read all the posts but what i think they mean by this is.... people who express their opinion as facts i.e dogmatic people with 10,000 posts who think they know everything there is to know and who's 'opinions' lead to confusion??

again... I'm not attacking anyone personally just thinking this is possibly what 'they' meant.

good post, it's true, wish gnr seen it this way!, and i'm saying jarmo's a dick! just incase you missed it the first time!.

I've read that statement several times now.

Does someone want to explain WHY the show was cancelled??? :huh:

So it wasn't about pyros or ticket sales, yeah, fine. So what was it. What exactly could have put the safety of the band and the fans at risk? 200 year old rules and regulations..... has the venue been around that long? :drevil: Seriously talk about trying to give an explanation without explaining anything.

Seems to me the main focus of the statement was not to "try" to explain why a show was cancelled and to leave 3,000 angry and disappointed fans holding tickets to a cancelled gig, but to, for whatever reason, praise Jarmo and his moderating abilities. Merck sounds like a proud papa. Couldn't he just have sent Jarmo a pm telling him what a good job he's doing with his site?

I've read that statement several times now.

Does someone want to explain WHY the show was cancelled??? :huh:

So it wasn't about pyros or ticket sales, yeah, fine. So what was it. What exactly could have put the safety of the band and the fans at risk? 200 year old rules and regulations..... has the venue been around that long? :drevil: Seriously talk about trying to give an explanation without explaining anything.

Seems to me the main focus of the statement was not to "try" to explain why a show was cancelled and to leave 3,000 angry and disappointed fans holding tickets to a cancelled gig, but to, for whatever reason, praise Jarmo and his moderating abilities. Merck sounds like a proud papa. Couldn't he just have sent Jarmo a pm telling him what a good job he's doing with his site?

i think it was a slap in the face to the other gnr sites, maybe trying to help out jarmo's dying website!.

but at least axl and merck took some time to try and explain what went down, they get respect for that!.