Is the US tour a success?

jaypayton

so far it has gone on without any news or anything in the music world..when GNR used to tour the USA it was all over the place, magazines, MTV,radio, etc...seems like now nobody in the industry is paying attention plus there have been lots of empty seats at every show just about, now the cancelled show...It seems Axl no longer has dominant effect that he used to have.....its almost like GNR has become Pearl Jam.....they still have afanbase but its a lot smaller with no fanfare..

The media probably won't pay attention until a cd is released. After 2002 , with no album, they just don't care. Really, if you look at it from their(the media's) perspective, without an album what is there to care about?

To me, if you can draw even 5,000 with little to no promo and no new album, with a band that has only 1 original member (that's not a slag on the new band either, it's just a fact) then it's a success.

Edited by tat2d1

so far it has gone on without any news or anything in the music world..when GNR used to tour the USA it was all over the place, magazines, MTV,radio, etc...seems like now nobody in the industry is paying attention plus there have been lots of empty seats at every show just about, now the cancelled show...It seems Axl no longer has dominant effect that he used to have.....its almost like GNR has become Pearl Jam.....they still have afanbase but its a lot smaller with no fanfare..

Define that.

85% of maximum in avarage is not "alot" of empty seats in my opinion..

Every show? :no:

I see your piont and it´s interesting, but don´t turn it to something more bad then u need to. ;)

It depends on what you think a 'success' is. If to you a success is selling out every show and having a packed house, then no, its not a success. But from all reports there is a decent turnout, better than I expected from a band like GNR who havent really put anything out in 10+ years, with no promotion and expensive tickets.

I would more classify this one as a moderate success. A couple of sell outs, and there are a couple places where only 10,000 people showed. Its a matter of perspective. Compared to 1990, its not a success, based on what other big bands these days sell, it is a success.

The concert climate is totally different now than in 1990. Back then GNR could sell out Giants Stadium, now even the Rolling Stones have trouble doing that.

The tour is a bomb. Who are we all kidding?? He refuses to put the CD out and now is just STONE COLD AFRAID. Well you know what people in the US think about that?? They think 5000 seats filled in 20,000 seat arenas. This version of Guns N Roses is QUICKLY loosing its tread on the "street." And that my little children is coming from an insider who monitors all activity on the road.

ATTENTION PLEASE CAN WE HAVE YOUR ATTENTION MACY'S SHOPPERS, WILL A WILLIAM BAILEY PLEASE COME UP TO THE CUSTOMER SERVICE COUNTER, YOU HAVE A CALL FROM REALITY.

In 2002 the band sold 138,564 tickets on their North American leg of the tour. The band has already sold 200,000 tickets for this tour. By this leg's end the band will have already sold more than double the number of tickets that they had sold on their previous tour. Once the album is released and promotion commences then this 2006 tour will likely whip 2002's ass 3-fold.

I like that.

Edited by IndiannaRose

depends on what you think a success is.

No this tour is not a success from many points YET

It is a success in that there is much better reaction to it than the last go round.. Axl actually looks and sounds like he wants to Rock. The summer tour was a huge success for a summer tour.

They have a long way to go to get to where they even were in 1987.

well they used to sell out 60,000 seat stadiums all over the US? and now cant sell out 5,000 seat arenas..thats what my point was

Now can you point me an arena with under 10 000 seats they havent sold out? There is none.

Dumbass.. :monkey:

well they used to sell out 60,000 seat stadiums all over the US? and now cant sell out 5,000 seat arenas..thats what my point was

Now can you point me an arena with under 10 000 seats they havent sold out? There is none.

Dumbass.. :monkey:

Not to counter your "dumbass", but the venue they cancelled only holds 6,000 and they sold 3,500 tickets didn't they? I'm fairly sure that's true....

LP

I guess the current US tour is a sucess. Like Merck and Axl said, the people going to the shows are having a good time. Sure one show didn't happen (for whatever reason) and Gn'R hit the stage late (which fans should expect by now).

If the question was 'have the new CD songs been a sucess during the US tour' i do get the impression (reading these forums) that the new material + the solo's donot work as well live as the older material.

Something else i am not quite getting: why play some old cover song by the UK Subs when the band could be playing another song from Chiese Democracy. I can only think of 3 reasons for this 1.The band don't want to play any more songs from CD until the album is released, 2.They've already played the best of what CD has to offer or 3.The band cannot play the songs live (properly - atleast for the moment - they need Bucket back).

Edited by dobadog

Is the tour a success?

Do some people at fan forums have no life?

Is your mother a whore?

I'm not SAYING these things. I'm just ASKING. I'm just WONDERING out loud!

Yes, it's a success so far.

I'm Rick James Bitch

Edited by Rick James

Is the tour a success?

Do some people at fan forums have no life ?

Is your mother a whore?

I'm not SAYING these things. I'm just ASKING. I'm just WONDERING out loud!

Yes, it's a success so far.

I'm Rick James Bitch

Who's posting 50+ replies a day. Biatz!!!

Edited by mr.Q

Am I the only one that has seen GNR promo adds on ESPN? Really... I'm guessing it might be locally since the Baltimore show is is on Monday? I've seen it at least three times... and I hardly even watch ESPN (saw the commercial twice in one night at a local pub broadcasting ESPN).

Does anybody else know what I'm talking about or have seen the commercial? It's all footage from the '06 European tour with the new logos and everything.

I've seen the commercial but it had all the Canadian dates on it, it was on TSN which is Canadas ESPN, I thought it was cool, at least there is some odd promotion, I don't even watch tv and I happened to go to a store that was broadcasting TSN on there TV display and it came on, I couldn't hear it but saw it all.

Also I think the tour will realy pick up in the Canadian shows cause some are sold out and some are 90% sold, the only show I'm not sure of is the Saint John show, but that place only holds like 6000 people so it should be at least 3/4 full