My GUNS DCU Center Review

axltransam

Well guys, I was the official updater last night until my phone died...I apologize but I am sure you were able to get the setlist and some comments before the night was done.

I had floor GA tickets. I was about 15 feet from the stage for the show. The place was wild. Sebastian was good. Many people bash him but he does his job by getting the crowd really into the whole thing preaching rock n roll will never die, etc. Seb got into some politics talking about how too many people have been killed in Iraq and its time to stop the nonsense. He also ranted about American Idol and and one point went on and on about "who the fuck is Ruben Studdard & Clay Aiken". Seb went on to play many of his Skid Row hits including "18 & Life", "I'll Remember You" and "Youth Gone Wild". He also had a new song that went over very well with the crowd and asked people to tape with their cell phones to get it on youtube and how it had been posted on there and had been played 50,000+ times. The song is called "By My Side". Its pretty good.

On to Papa Roach. I am biased here as I am not a Papa Roach fan at all. The crowd responded well but I just kinda zoned out especially when Robin Finck walked right by me to bring some of his friends back stage. I got a pic on my camera phone. Papa Roach played until about 10:20 and then is was waiting time for Guns.

Guns went on at about 11:40 and the crowd exploded. It was a little tough to hear Axl, and he stated "I cant hear myself, but I hope you can". He said something about his sound guy "fucking him". He opened with Jungle and after the song said "Hello Portland" and laughed. Other Axl comments throught the show included 2 moments of silence for Brittany Spears & K-Fed where the crowd laughed and Axl said "that doesnt sound like silence to me". After a few classics Axl played "The Blues" and "Better" and got a great response and someone in the crowed yelled "More new stuff". Axl replied "I heard that, More new Stuff" and he laughed. The Drummer Frank Ferrera kept banging his double base to the chant of Guns And Roses and at one point Axl stopped and said be thankfull that he is not wearing a cheerleading outfit. Overall the show was great, sound was not the best and I wished he played Rocket Queen and Dont Damn Me (yea right). The crowd was inetnse and the band played incredibly, solos were good, even though I would prefer they ditch the solos and play more songs. Of the new songs we got The Blues, Better, Down on the farm, IRS, Madagascar. The set list was shorter then the usual. Here is the set list , minus the solo stuff.

01. Welcome To The Jungle

02. It's So Easy

03. Mr. Brownstone

04. Live and Let Die

05. Sweet Child O Mine

06. Knockin' On Heaven's Door

07. You Could Be Mine

08. The Blues

09. Better

10. Out Ta Get Me

11. November Rain

12. Down on the Farm

13. IRS

14. My Michelle (With Bach)

15. Patience

16. Nightrain

Encore:

17. Madagascar

18. Paradise City

Axl closed the night by tossing the mic in the crowd and sincerely thanking everyone, especially those that made the trip down from Portland. My favorite song for the night was The Blues, it was unreal. Man I want that fucking abum to drop. If anyone has got any questions about the show, let me know. And again, I apologize for the updates ending after Heavens Door.

Well guys, I was the official updater last night until my phone died...I apologize but I am sure you were able to get the setlist and some comments before the night was done.

I had floor GA tickets. I was about 15 feet from the stage for the show. The place was wild. Sebastian was good. Many people bash him but he does his job by getting the crowd really into the whole thing preaching rock n roll will never die, etc. Seb got into some politics talking about how too many people have been killed in Iraq and its time to stop the nonsense. He also ranted about American Idol and and one point went on and on about "who the fuck is Ruben Studdard & Clay Aiken". Seb went on to play many of his Skid Row hits including "18 & Life", "I'll Remember You" and "Youth Gone Wild". He also had a new song that went over very well with the crowd and asked people to tape with their cell phones to get it on youtube and how it had been posted on there and had been played 50,000+ times. The song is called "By My Side". Its pretty good.

On to Papa Roach. I am biased here as I am not a Papa Roach fan at all. The crowd responded well but I just kinda zoned out especially when Robin Finck walked right by me to bring some of his friends back stage. I got a pic on my camera phone. Papa Roach played until about 10:20 and then is was waiting time for Guns.

Guns went on at about 11:40 and the crowd exploded. It was a little tough to hear Axl, and he stated "I cant hear myself, but I hope you can". He said something about his sound guy "fucking him". He opened with Jungle and after the song said "Hello Portland" and laughed. Other Axl comments throught the show included 2 moments of silence for Brittany Spears & K-Fed where the crowd laughed and Axl said "that doesnt sound like silence to me". After a few classics Axl played "The Blues" and "Better" and got a great response and someone in the crowed yelled "More new stuff". Axl replied "I heard that, More new Stuff" and he laughed. The Drummer Frank Ferrera kept banging his double base to the chant of Guns And Roses and at one point Axl stopped and said be thankfull that he is not wearing a cheerleading outfit. Overall the show was great, sound was not the best and I wished he played Rocket Queen and Dont Damn Me (yea right). The crowd was inetnse and the band played incredibly, solos were good, even though I would prefer they ditch the solos and play more songs. Of the new songs we got The Blues, Better, Down on the farm, IRS, Madagascar. The set list was shorter then the usual. Here is the set list , minus the solo stuff.

01. Welcome To The Jungle

02. It's So Easy

03. Mr. Brownstone

04. Live and Let Die

05. Sweet Child O Mine

06. Knockin' On Heaven's Door

07. You Could Be Mine

08. The Blues

09. Better

10. Out Ta Get Me

11. November Rain

12. Down on the Farm

13. IRS

14. My Michelle (With Bach)

15. Patience

16. Nightrain

Encore:

17. Madagascar

18. Paradise City

Axl closed the night by tossing the mic in the crowd and sincerely thanking everyone, especially those that made the trip down from Portland. My favorite song for the night was The Blues, it was unreal. Man I want that fucking abum to drop. If anyone has got any questions about the show, let me know. And again, I apologize for the updates ending after Heavens Door.

Sweet. I was the one who was supposed to get the updates after Montraelar had to leave the forum. Your cell phone being dead WAS one of my guesses. Along with being abducted by aliens, hooking up with a gal and Axl taking your phone because he may have thought you were taking pictures :)

But I also knew you would keep track of the songs. And THANKS A BUNCH BITCH!

I'm Rick James Bitch

It's funny hearing Bach talk shit about American Idol, yet there he was on my TV last night on Celebrity Duets. :lol:

He sang 18 And Life with some wannabe rocker. I'll give him credit, the dude can still sing. Hope to see him in Toronto.