RUMOUR: GN'R to promote CD on Nov 28th at Virgin Megastore

raspus

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

if no one is to discuss the events, why would you put a notice on the notice board about it, great way to make sure it gets discussed by everyone as in we did something similar at work with an official opening just the date was put on the notice board and everyone spent a week discussing what it that notice about

if no one is to discuss the events, why would you put a notice on the notice board about it, great way to make sure it gets discussed by everyone as in we did something similar at work with an official opening just the date was put on the notice board and everyone spent a week discussing what it that notice about

because its a fake, somebody fabricated it, took a seperate photo of the notice, pinned it to a notice board at a university snapped another photo and craved some attention, its just another faux thread that means diddly squat

Edited by motownjunkie

Only the thought of people expressing themself on a messageboard is scarying me to my very bone :scared::scared:

:ph34r::scared:

helter skelter :confused:

When I get to the bottom I go back to the top of the slide, where I stop and I turn and I go for a ride, 'til I get to the bottom and I see you again?

Convincing enough that if I lived anywhere remotely near Chicago I'd take off work and be there. Even if Chinese Democracy is not out by then, it would be cool as fuck to see/meet the band. get a pic (maybe) and have them sign something - I can think of tons of stuff I have that I would like for them to sign but yes, I would much prefer them sign my newly purchased copy of Chinese Democray if I had it in my hand at the moment.

because its a fake, somebody fabricated it, took a seperate photo of the notice, pinned it to a notice board at a university snapped another photo and craved some attention, its just another faux thread that means diddly squat

Where is your proof this is a fake??

Im not saying its real, because I honestly dont know, but I have yet to see anyone prove this to be a fake.

I just dont see why this person would go to that much trouble to fuck with a few hundred people on a msg board. If they did, then they obviously dont have much of a life.

GNR wont give us any info at all so im not going to doubt any rumors until they are proven to be false.

Edited by mahimahi

Where is your proof this is a fake??

Im not saying its real, because I honestly dont know, but I have yet to see anyone prove this to be a fake.

I just dont see why this person would go to that much trouble to fuck with a few hundred people on a msg board. If they did, then they obviously dont have much of a life.

GNR wont give us any info at all so im not going to doubt any rumors until they are proven to be false.

maybe your right, but why would they put up a notice of a signing, when you know very well that if a band is turning up for a signing its going to be advertised so people are aware its taking place

but you may be right

I go with this theory

I go with this theory

Do you also go with the theory that this entire thing is fake? I goddamn well hope not! Chinese D in a week or two! Please!

Alright I'll cut it out. It is a long elaborate prank. I just love this board and wanted to draw as much attention to it as possible and away from htgth.

I saw the gap in the Chicago date and figured.. wow.. wonder if they would ever do an in-store. So I started writing those elaborate posts and posting from this proxy near Chicago. After a few days when it was dying down I came up with the sign idea and casually mentioned it, then spent an hour trying to make the fucker. I just blew up a Virgin logo and made two passes on a printer. One for the logo, second for the text.

Found a friends apartment that has a great vending machine next to a board. Posted it, set my camera on the lowest resolution and quality possible so no one could make out the cars for sale next to it. Then took about 30 shaky photos.

I really hope no one purchased plane tickets or anything crazy. I do love each and every one of you that sent me death threats, and Merck who felt the need to do some fucking work for one god damn client. Who is this fucker.. Eric from Entourage?

http://www.chinesedemocracy.com/viewtopic.php?t=20816