RUMOUR: GN'R to promote CD on Nov 28th at Virgin Megastore

raspus

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just so you guys know, I just got off the phone with a lady at the store. I asked if she knew anything about a release date for the new GNR album "Chinese Democracy", and she said that it was her understanding that it will be released on November 28, although it doesn't yet appear in their system. She said nothing is guaranteed, but was very emphatic about it being out Nov. 28th.....

.......Take this for what it's worth......But she seemed to be extremely sure of herself, also saying they've had "tons" of people calling in about it this morning......Who knows though? **schruggs**

Oh man, this is the day after the Chicago show...in Chicago?! :o That's awesome! [if it's true]

Unfortunately I don't know if I would be able to make it. I'm already skipping the first day back from Thanksgiving Break for the show, and I don't know if I could miss two. Too bad Thanksgiving couldn't be one week later this year. :P

More info from the guy

I noticed this was getting buried quickly so I'll repost what I replied to today.

Quite a day let me tell you, since we opened the store all we did was field questions on the phone about this. Luckily, one of my friends told me she started telling people as well so I hope I was not the only one causing this mess. I took a few minutes and read some of these posts and I hope to clarify some things for everyone.

We are told right now the 28th is the album sale date but it may arrive much sooner as I'm sure some of you know. Even today we had new cases of releases for the 21st arrive but we really do leave it untouched till the weekend prior.

As of now yes the in-store is happening and we are getting really tired of denying it so please stop calling? Axl is not guaranteed but we are still treating this as a larger Virgin appearance on the likes of 50 cent and Paul McCartney. This being said, yes, no cameras allowed, and this was passed down from the management team. We are also getting ready for a midnight in-store performance and signing from Wolfmother on the 25th. *plug* This one should be really cool. However, I also heard some of the people who put this together here say they have another in-store set up at a Vancouver store HMV? on Friday Dec 8th. You will have to confirm that with someone else though as we are sworn to deny everything.

As of now no radio station is tied into this so it really is first come/first serve and we try to keep it that way. I highly doubt our usual partner Q101 will try anything here.

I'll try to check back in on this tonight, any questions I can answer please let me know.

Thanks

according to a poster at cd.com

First off, I'm not a huge fan but when googling Guns N' Roses board this came up and these posts look recent so I wanted to tip off some fans for something in the works they will love.

I work at the Virgin Megastore Chicago 'N. Michigan Ave.' and for the past few weeks the manager and some of our higher ups have been in a hush mode about some in-store we have to be ready for on Nov. 28th. Tonight some of us were told that it is confirmed and it will be the 'new' Guns N' Roses for the release of the new album that day. They also said Axl is more than likely not going to be here but 'everyone else', not sure what that means, will be to sign the new album. I know our manager is still pushing to have them do a performance but I think that would come down to Axl being there, no? I figure this will give you guys a heads up of a few days before it becomes major news.

What we were told so far:

-Lining up will only be allowed starting after 6am (this is a Chicago thing)

-First 500 people are the only ones 'guaranteed'

-One copy signed per person but they may purchase as many as they would like

-No other items will be signed

-No cameras or cellphone cameras will be allowed when nearing the band (this is a common rule that we impose for larger acts)

Judging by some of the posts on here you guys may call crap or whatever on my post but please do not get me fired and keep this to yourselves. We still have to deny everything until later next week at this point.

Thanks

"They also said Axl is more than likely not going to be here but 'everyone else', not sure what that means,"

You must be stupid then :D

i check on the best buy website they have nothing on the new album and the same gose with Amazon.com it might be the Virgin Megastore just getting the album who knows but i really hope we get a press released from merck or anybody in the gnr camp about the album release date

i check on the best buy website they have nothing on the new album and the same gose with Amazon.com it might be the Virgin Megastore just getting the album who knows but i really hope we get a press released from merck or anybody in the gnr camp about the album release date

Hmm, if they've to keep quiet about it until the weekend before then it would suggest that next weekend is when Guns will anounce the date, so until this point, the CD may be being covertly shipping it into stores ready for a sudden mass launch soon. Obviously if then want to keep this under wraps then it won't appear on any retail websites. Just a little theory. anyways, all this "GnR camp" talk makes me think of them all living in tents with a big banner "Camp Guns N Roses"...... lol a funny image, i wouldn't mind taking a scouting weekend there :P

Edited by Graeme

Hmm, if they've to keep quiet about it until the weekend before then it would suggest that next weekend is when Guns will anounce the date, so until this point, the CD may be being covertly shipping it into stores ready for a sudden mass launch soon. Obviously if then want to keep this under wraps then it won't appear on any retail websites. Just a little theory.

my store hasnt got it yet and im in recieving digging in boxes daily

if this is true it wont come till next wednesday at the earliest

so i sjackamo gonna call this store up tomorrow to ask random qeustions about pittman ?

God I hope so. I hope he busts out the "Super funky techno beats" question. :rofl-lol:

elsewhere is the best thing to happen to the GNR community in 6 years. rock3

hahaha love the super funky techno beats question!!! 2nd to Pitman's pacman score :lol:

so it looks like the 28th is the date, someone at htgth is saying it quite firmly, like it's public knowledge now

Umm... I think we are gonna start to work on a audio medley of phone calles made to big time record stores like hmv, etc. Put it all together and see what we get. :)

But a pretty good source told us already that 21st is the date.