MSG Reviews

madison

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

While some people on this board will say last night's show was the best show of their lives, the majority of MSG last night was completely out of it after 5 songs...I kept wondering why was it in 2002 the entire garden rocked so much harder than it did in 2006. The loss of Buckethead and the failure to slot in guitarists that people actually care about is crippling Guns N Roses.

I think it's safe to say that Axl's re-invention of Guns N Roses will never work. Album or no album, there's just no real chemistry up on stage and DON'T TELL ME THERE IS! Just go watch the old Gunners on youtube and then tell me this band has similar chemistry. Axl keeps trying to get us to love these new musicians, which is why he gives them each way-too-long solo oportunities. Funny, these new guys could solo for hours and they never come close to matching a solo by Bucket or Slash.

Also, a filled MSG and AXL never ONCE mentioned the album...he never talked about the new songs, he didn't sing any news songs...in fact, the setlist wasn't bad, but the order of the songs was just off...once the crowd was out of it, they never returned.

I don't know, I wouldn't spend any more money seeing these guys live, in fact, I really don't want to see them live again. I'll buy Chinese D if it ever comes out, enjoy it, and pray he will reconcile with Slash and return GNR to it's former glory.

Axl if you can here me, GET SLASH BACK NOW! !!!

So!!!!

YOU DID ATTEND A SHOW FOR ONCE !!!!!!!! :heart:

Well! You're almost human now and you have a opinion!

Do you feel better now that you can officially agree with general journalistic opinion?

Or are you desappointed cos you wanted to enjoy?

Peace!

When I read this thread title how did i know it was by you. you? like to think you're the voice of reality and we're all optimistic sycophantic fucks here don't you? I'll admit i was slightly disppointed with the lack of an announcement and a new song but all they ever said they'd do was play a show and that's what they did. From what i've heard it was fucking fantastic, as were the ones i attended, this band is not reeling from the loss of buckethead, it is in fact gaining popularity now that it has gotten rid of such a wacky character. I'm not going to ask you to fuck off or shut up since you never listen but seriously Kaneda, think before you post.

Edited by Graeme

While some people on this board will say last night's show was the best show of their lives, the majority of MSG last night was completely out of it after 5 songs...I kept wondering why was it in 2002 the entire garden rocked so much harder than it did in 2006. The loss of Buckethead and the failure to slot in guitarists that people actually care about is crippling Guns N Roses.

I think it's safe to say that Axl's re-invention of Guns N Roses will never work. Album or no album, there's just no real chemistry up on stage and DON'T TELL ME THERE IS! Just go watch the old Gunners on youtube and then tell me this band has similar chemistry. Axl keeps trying to get us to love these new musicians, which is why he gives them each way-too-long solo oportunities. Funny, these new guys could solo for hours and they never come close to matching a solo by Bucket or Slash.

Also, a filled MSG and AXL never ONCE mentioned the album...he never talked about the new songs, he didn't sing any news songs...in fact, the setlist wasn't bad, but the order of the songs was just off...once the crowd was out of it, they never returned.

I don't know, I wouldn't spend any more money seeing these guys live, in fact, I really don't want to see them live again. I'll buy Chinese D if it ever comes out, enjoy it, and pray he will reconcile with Slash and return GNR to it's former glory.

Actually not some of your best work K. The order of your complaints kinda left me out of it by the second sentence. I dont think I will ever read any of your posts again. Wow, really dissapointing.

Edited by Gunzen

...and the record keeps on skipping...

The loss of Buckethead and the failure to slot in guitarists that people actually care about is crippling Guns N Roses.

It's fairly safe to say that the majority of fans out there didn't/don't give a rat's ass about Buckethead.

It's the fan's inability to connect new material to this line up that's crippling this band (so to speak).

That's all soon to change...

Not going to anymore shows?...well there's one more ticket for some lucky fan,cuz next time around the demand is going to be tenfold.

buh bye

The loss of Buckethead and the failure to slot in guitarists that people actually care about is crippling Guns N Roses.

Funny, these new guys could solo for hours and they never come close to matching a solo by Bucket or Slash.

This is damn right.

I'm sorry but 2002 rocked ass over this yarn.

Personally I feel it's because Axl's view on "perfection" have changed. In the late 1980s/early 1990s and early 2000s he saw "perfection" as him being the Gn'R lead singer and a prominent lead guitarist. Now, IMHO, he sees perfection as him "standing out" with three similar guitarists playing parts in the background - which is unworkable as most Gn'R songs require 3 guitar parts - if anything more so with the new material.

Kaneda, answer this question: would you go and see the band again if Buckethead came back?:)

Wow, I don't think anyone was expecting this thread! :rolleyes:

I was.:)

...and the record keeps on skipping...

The only "skipping record", Matthew, is people putting "and the record skips on" or something every time we get a Kaneda thread.:o

Kaneda is a record but he finally changed his track.:)

Edited by RedEurope

These Axlites have their head so far up his ass that he could do a show with Sideshow Bob on lead guitar and they'd think it was the greatest thing they've ever seen.