MSG Reviews

madison

While some people on this board will say last night's show was the best show of their lives, the majority of MSG last night was completely out of it after 5 songs...I kept wondering why was it in 2002 the entire garden rocked so much harder than it did in 2006. The loss of Buckethead and the failure to slot in guitarists that people actually care about is crippling Guns N Roses.

I think it's safe to say that Axl's re-invention of Guns N Roses will never work. Album or no album, there's just no real chemistry up on stage and DON'T TELL ME THERE IS! Just go watch the old Gunners on youtube and then tell me this band has similar chemistry. Axl keeps trying to get us to love these new musicians, which is why he gives them each way-too-long solo oportunities. Funny, these new guys could solo for hours and they never come close to matching a solo by Bucket or Slash.

Also, a filled MSG and AXL never ONCE mentioned the album...he never talked about the new songs, he didn't sing any news songs...in fact, the setlist wasn't bad, but the order of the songs was just off...once the crowd was out of it, they never returned.

I don't know, I wouldn't spend any more money seeing these guys live, in fact, I really don't want to see them live again. I'll buy Chinese D if it ever comes out, enjoy it, and pray he will reconcile with Slash and return GNR to it's former glory.

Axl if you can here me, GET SLASH BACK NOW! !!!

These Axlites have their head so far up his ass that he could do a show with Sideshow Bob on lead guitar and they'd think it was the greatest thing they've ever seen.

...and he runs back to the VR board giggling

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe the difference was in 2002 Axl was finally back after how long? People were interested in seeing them and hoped the CD would come out. Then they take ANOTHER break and come back in 2006 and still no CD. The hype isn't there this time like it was in 2002. In 2002 they showed up out of nowhere and played at the MTV music awards and then go on tour and cancel it halfway through. I do have to say though that besides Buckethead not being there this version of GNR is WAY better than the one in 2002. Axl's voice sounds almost as good as it did in the 80's/90's.

Sorry allen8r I saw it.:)

Reasons you know why you know allen8r is an isolated newbie:

5. Reading is fuckheaded posts and threads

You opened the post mate - and replied to it.:)

4. Realizing he is mor of a hypocrit that most US presidents

It's because he highlights the *potential* he sees in the band (he saw these as the song "Better"; Buckethead; the strong show on the last Hammerstein night, etc.), and comments constructively on why it is being wasted, and has been since 2000.

3. He fucked some dudes Land Rover's exhaust pipe

That looks nothing like Kaneda.:rolleyes:

2. He argues fuckheaded points like "02 is better than 06, but made threads in 04 that called the 02 tour Shit

Well no one expected the 2006 tour to be so.... I mean BBF, "Better", the ongoing silence bar the odd coughs from Merck's office. God.

2002 had its highlights though like the awesomeness (then) of introducing the world and Gn'R fans to the *mysterious* new band: BH, new songs "Madagascar" and "The Blues" (and the very experimental "Rhiad and the Bedouins" to a much lesser extent)... and Pitman....:book:

1. Redeurope agrees with him

Like lots of other people?:rolleyes:

And FWIW I don't agree with everything he says - he repeats and regurgitates a lot of things and Kaneda sure as hell ain't the only person talking about or even noticing the lack of a single with only 7 or so weeks left to go in the year; the receptions Gn'R are getting at the concerts; the reviews; the lack of news, album talk, info., etc., etc..

My only thought- Axl needs to introduce the new songs before playing them. Only like 10% of the crowd knew what the fuck was going on when he went into them.

Agreed....

No kidding, especially when there were people there who were looking for original members! The woman sitting next to me asked me (with a heavy Spanish accent) "boy differente"?during Finck's solo. I said "what" and she said "no Slash?" and I said "no Slash". :o Holy Shit! If there are people there who don't even know who's in the band anymore, how the hell are they expected to know the new songs?

While some people on this board will say last night's show was the best show of their lives, the majority of MSG last night was completely out of it after 5 songs...I kept wondering why was it in 2002 the entire garden rocked so much harder than it did in 2006. The loss of Buckethead and the failure to slot in guitarists that people actually care about is crippling Guns N Roses.

I think it's safe to say that Axl's re-invention of Guns N Roses will never work. Album or no album, there's just no real chemistry up on stage and DON'T TELL ME THERE IS! Just go watch the old Gunners on youtube and then tell me this band has similar chemistry. Axl keeps trying to get us to love these new musicians, which is why he gives them each way-too-long solo oportunities. Funny, these new guys could solo for hours and they never come close to matching a solo by Bucket or Slash.

Also, a filled MSG and AXL never ONCE mentioned the album...he never talked about the new songs, he didn't sing any news songs...in fact, the setlist wasn't bad, but the order of the songs was just off...once the crowd was out of it, they never returned.

I don't know, I wouldn't spend any more money seeing these guys live, in fact, I really don't want to see them live again. I'll buy Chinese D if it ever comes out, enjoy it, and pray he will reconcile with Slash and return GNR to it's former glory.

Axl if you can here me, GET SLASH BACK NOW! !!!

i see you standin there, you think your so cool. why don't you just

FUCK OFF

seriously, SLASH HAS NOT DONE ANYTHING WORTH HEARING SINCE UYI, SLASH IS NOT THE ANSWER, SO STOP SUCKING HIS DICK.

since you seem to be giving up, please, get the fuck out, and let the door hit you in the ass on the way out. the band is full of talent and chemistry, you must be fucking blind to not see it. he may not have mentioned the album, but considering the fact the CD will most likely be released with little to no promotion anyway, i didn't really expect anything. if you don't want to see them live, then i feel sorry for you, because your missing out on a unbelievable show. now please, delete you account fuckhead.

Fuck all i had to do is look at the title of the thread and I knew who posted this. Kanada you keep saying your in Public Relations, after all these years of you bashing this and that about the band I wonder do you work for the VR camp. All you ever do is try to degrade anything and everything that GNR does. Im glad you didnt like the show last night and maybe just maybe now you will leave and quit posting your senceless drivel on the board.

See I love how everyone tells me to FUCK OFF, but anyone that was at MSG last night saw the concert momentum DIE after 5 songs, and it never came back.

I love how even Del James said that everyone tried hard to get Bucket back in the band...BUCKET was THE MOST interesting part of the new band, you can't deny that. Ron has ZERO fucking stage presence. Say what you must about Bucket, but that man was 10 times better than RON and all these other fucks.

Look, it's not about telling me to fuck off, it's about admitting to yourself deep down inside that this new GUNS N ROSES is not Guns N Roses. A name doesn't make a band a band and Axl's fucking ego has led him to believe that HE is Guns N Roses.

In 2002, the garden rocked so much harder than last night. I hate how people are like, that's all going to change when the album drops...It's not going to change, and here's why...I bet my life that we are hearing the big guns now, and wow, not so big after all Axl.

Edited by Kaneda

I regret buying tickets for the Toronto show. This tour is the biggest insult to fans.

This setlist is so repetitive, we're actually looking forward to terrible GN'R tracks like Down The Farm, just because it's a change.

You'll notice in time... that Down on the Farm fucking rocks!!!

Kaneda on behalf of every one here, and all the GnR fans around the world :

FUCK OFF !

I think i made my point

CJ

exactly!!!!!

Funny how everyone, everyone everyone!!!!!!!! else has said the show was awesome.

FUCK YOU attention seeking cunt.

PS: BUCKETHEAD WAS AN EMBARASMENT! a uy in a fuckin kfc hat, you actually think this aided the credibility of GUns n roses??? it was a joke, made them a laughing stock.

Ron thal is an amazing guitarit more suited to the band than a guy with a fuckin bucket on his head.

MODS BAN THIS TWAT PLEASE. ITS BEYOND A JOKE NOW.

Edited by bangit

My only thought- Axl needs to introduce the new songs before playing them. Only like 10% of the crowd knew what the fuck was going on when he went into them.

Agreed....

No kidding, especially when there were people there who were looking for original members! The woman sitting next to me asked me (with a heavy Spanish accent) "boy differente"?during Finck's solo. I said "what" and she said "no Slash?" and I said "no Slash". :o Holy Shit! If there are people there who don't even know who's in the band anymore, how the hell are they expected to know the new songs?

:rofl-lol:

she must have felt so disappointed!!! It took years for me to get used to the absence of Slash! :rofl-lol:

Edited by rQueen

Seriously... all we need- "This is a new song off our upcoming album "Chinese Democracy"-----

Or after the song- "That song was called ________."

He used to introduce the new material, and now he acts as if the whole crowd is a bunch of "dowloading motherfuckers"

Dude... half the crowd came expecting to see Slash. Its not like they didn't enjoy the show, because 95% of the crowd seemed to be having a great fucking time.

I think Axl is overestimating the internet fan base, especially in larger venues like this, where maybe 3-5000 of the fans are really into the "new" band.

I knew the "complaints" will eventually lead to another "rant" about how underappreciative we are, and how he'll do the show however the fuck he wants... thats fine. Flop flat on your face. Don't take constructive criticism. I personally criticize because I want to see the new band SUCCEED. Because I've seen them 7 times now, and its a great fucking band that plays the old material exceptionally well, and has a great selection of new material as well.

Bottom line is- Axl had a great, large, DIVERSE crowd yesterday. A lot of young people, a lot of older people... he could have done a little self promotion.

seriously, SLASH HAS NOT DONE ANYTHING WORTH HEARING SINCE UYI, SLASH IS NOT THE ANSWER, SO STOP SUCKING HIS DICK.

I gotta agree (bar the "Fall to Pieces" solo to a very small extent); Buckethead should the departed member they are asking back in this new era - and damn it seems they tried (citing Del James). if a new answer is needed then it's not BBF IMHO.

That said Slash and Axl worked wonders together - could you imagine the crowd if they reunited for the solo at the end of "November Rain"?:)

I hate how people are like, that's all going to change when the album drops...It's not going to change, and here's why...I bet my life that we are hearing the big guns now, and wow, not so big after all Axl.

This I disagree on. Yes we have heard "big guns" like "Better" and "TWAT": and been underwhelmed by them: but I am willing to give "Prostitute", "Seven", and "The General" a chance. After all, "CITR" blew most of the Trunk/wes CD away, certainly lyrically.:)

Kandeda is the self-imposed villan of this board. His posts are intentionally controversial and you can tell that he gets off on getting everyone riled up. While his posts can be redundant and usually point out realities that we don't want to face, they are usually well-written and I enjoy reading them. I find myself agreeing with him more times than not.

However, this one was just plain stupid.

You can take your shots at Axl for being a total nut case, an idiot when it comes to marketing, and there's always the argument about "This is not Guns n Roses anymore". But, to say this new lineup is washed up, is just plain ignorant. I've seen this band live twice in 2006 and there is NO QUESTION they are a tight-playing band that thrives in a live environment. That legendary 2002 show at MSG might have been great, but the fact is that 2002 version is a shadow of the current version.

The simple fact that Robin has emerged on stage with so much charisma and confidence is evidence enough. Nevermind that Axl himself is a totally different person. He looks and sounds like Axl Rose. Sure, he may miss some notes from night to night, but it is easy to see how much more comfortable on stage he is today compared to four years ago. This band is better than 2002. Maybe they had an off night at MSG last night, I don't know....but the general concensus is very positive since the band reemerged this past May. I don't think you can say the same about the general feedback that was received back in 2002. Axl and that guitar player with the bucket on his head got flamed regularly duirng their short tour that ended abruptly that night in NYC which Kaneda so fondly recalls.

Edited by milkboy