Why not have Ron sing a song or 2 durning the breaks

rider13

Instead of as many or as long of solos why not have Ron do some songs he can sing, it dosn't even have to be his own stuff do some fun cover songs like Jump by Van Halen, or some lame cheez 80's rock, even some tv theme songs which I have read Ron knows tons of. Just entertain the crowd between Axl's set changes more.

yeah i think there was a thread like this about a week back... i agree i think it would be an awesome fucking idea. ron has a really amazing voice and his song catalogue is unbelievable. would be really nice to see that happen.

That's the worst idea I've ever heard. I hope you people are joking.

When I go to a GnR show I DON'T want to see the guitar player singing a Van Halen song.

The thread about how Sebastian Back should join GnR and share all the singing and writing of vocals in the band wasnt the worst idea ever?

I personally think this is a great idea as people have said it cut down on the shitty and boring solos.

U PHAIL!!

I didn't see the one about Sebastian. They were being sarcastic? Hopefully?

Ron should NOT sing regardless of how good his vocal skills are.

so you'd rather sit through 3 or 4 sometimes seemingly endless solos? personally i think it would be cool if ron sang a medley of stuff maybe busted out his crack head version of SCOM (though in a stadium setting probably wouldn't go over so well)

what do you guys think of the band doing an instrumental jam as a whole instead of solo spots? like a blues jam or an instrumental cover, where everyone and anyone could take a solo. i think what kills the momentum isn't neccessarily the solos themselves, but maybe the energy of only one guy up there playing a single guitar. i liked finck's solo a whole lot better with dizzy and frank behind him.

Edited by bass71player

Tommy should sing some of the songs from his solo album. Many were recorded with fortus and dizzy anyways, so there wouldn't be much song learning involved. :huh:

OH MY GOD!!! They could have 8mm open for them on those later California dates without the strippers and Mrs. Beavan could do her back-up singing on Tommy's songs! ^_^

Someone e-mail this to Merck. God I'm fucking brilliant. :wub:

When I go to a GnR show I DON'T want to see the guitar player singing a Van Halen song.

The thread about how Sebastian Back should join GnR and share all the singing and writing of vocals in the band wasnt the worst idea ever?

I personally think this is a great idea as people have said it cut down on the shitty and boring solos.

U PHAIL!!

Agreed. I wanna hear "I can't play the blues" by Ron.. it's a great song.. :)

Ron should NOT sing regardless of how good his vocal skills are. People would be like... "Who's this fat guy singing?".

Its funny, I heard a lot of people saying that in 2002 with the fat braided schmuck on stage. :rofl-lol:

It dosn't have to be VH. Any song but probably somthing familar that the crowd can get into.

Fact is "The Rolling Stones" do this Keith always does at least 2 songs and then they extend some of the other songs to give Mick a break. It works well and the crowd is still into it.

From all reports the solos are not working so why not have the rest of the band do a few songs while Axl does whatever he does back stage

Ron should NOT sing regardless of how good his vocal skills are. People would be like... "Who's this fat guy singing?".

Its funny, I heard a lot of people saying that in 2002 with the fat braided schmuck on stage. :rofl-lol:

That was Axl.

Ron should NOT sing regardless of how good his vocal skills are.

so you'd rather sit through 3 or 4 sometimes seemingly endless solos? personally i think it would be cool if ron sang a medley of stuff maybe busted out his crack head version of SCOM (though in a stadium setting probably wouldn't go over so well)

what do you guys think of the band doing an instrumental jam as a whole instead of solo spots? like a blues jam or an instrumental cover, where everyone and anyone could take a solo. i think what kills the momentum isn't neccessarily the solos themselves, but maybe the energy of only one guy up there playing a single guitar. i liked finck's solo a whole lot better with dizzy and frank behind him.

I think this is a great idea. I'd like for Axl to just levae the stage for about 10 minutes and just let the guys jam, that would make people appreciate the new group a lot more I think. Unless, of course, they suck at jamming (entirely possible, these are rock musicians we're talking about).

Edited by Manstis1604