Axl performs at benefit for MJ Fox.

Almost Famous

OMFG let's stop going back and forth with this already people. We should be worried with the more important issue at hand here......which is exactly what song/s he sang at the show. ;)

From HTGTH-

In case anyone was wondering (and this hasn't already been posted) I've spoken to someone who was there, and the song Axl performed with the Fab Faux was Live & Let Die.

Thanxxx

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

this just pissing me off a radio dj by the name of rush something said Michael was acting in a interview and i really hope Michael j fox get better and find a cure aswell and also this just brings a tear in my eye and it also make me sad good job axl

Okay, so this is another example of people just typing shit they think they heard without all the facts. I am not a Rush supporter in any way, but I am a supporter of the truth. Rush said (paraphrasing) that he thought MJF didnt take his medication on purpose, so he would look worse to the public, thereby garnering more sympathy for stem cell research. He did not say he was acting. There is a huge difference here.

And before soneone jumps on me for supporting Rush, I am in full support of Stem Cell research . Just another reason why this is so cool of Axl.

So can we please just STOP posting irresponsible shit on this forum, or we will be just like all the other forums that are full of shit.

Thanks.

...and Rush said that without any knowledge of it being the truth, so he deserves every misrepresentation of that he gets.

Just to recap, too, he makes up facts (makes wild conjecture about a celebrity "using" his disease for a political agenda), he is a racists (he doesn't think blacks can be quarterbacks...remember his TV job of a few years ago), and he has drug problems... but hey, let's give him another chance and for God's sake, don't dare post irresponsible shit about a totally responsible citizen like Rush Limbaugh.

Oh yeah, this is the GnR section... that's cool about Axl.

this just pissing me off a radio dj by the name of rush something said Michael was acting in a interview and i really hope Michael j fox get better and find a cure aswell and also this just brings a tear in my eye and it also make me sad good job axl

Okay, so this is another example of people just typing shit they think they heard without all the facts. I am not a Rush supporter in any way, but I am a supporter of the truth. Rush said (paraphrasing) that he thought MJF didnt take his medication on purpose, so he would look worse to the public, thereby garnering more sympathy for stem cell research. He did not say he was acting. There is a huge difference here.

And before soneone jumps on me for supporting Rush, I am in full support of Stem Cell research . Just another reason why this is so cool of Axl.

So can we please just STOP posting irresponsible shit on this forum, or we will be just like all the other forums that are full of shit.

Thanks.

...and Rush said that without any knowledge of it being the truth, so he deserves every misrepresentation of that he gets.

Just to recap, too, he makes up facts (makes wild conjecture about a celebrity "using" his disease for a political agenda), he is a racists (he doesn't think blacks can be quarterbacks...remember his TV job of a few years ago), and he has drug problems... but hey, let's give him another chance and for God's sake, don't dare post irresponsible shit about a totally responsible citizen like Rush Limbaugh.

Oh yeah, this is the GnR section... that's cool about Axl.

Oh so two wrongs make a right? Noone deserves to be misquoted. And whether they were wrong or not, what is the point. Well I see your logic. Lets extrapaulate; So since Axl cancelled a tour (jerk), lets misquote him and say he promised us all personally a CD by the end of 2006. Yep, that right, that is pretty much how this forum is with some people.

Guest RonMexico82

Thanks.

Thanks for clearing that up...now I know that Rush is an even bigger tosser than I thought.

Michael J. Fox Rocks with Sheryl Crow, Axl Rose at Fundraiser

MONDAY NOVEMBER 13, 2006 08:45AM EST

By Mark Dagostino

Michael J. Fox raised more than $5 million for his Foundation for Parkinson's Research at a Beatles-themed fundraiser in Manhattan on Saturday night, thanks to a crowd that included emcee Denis Leary, Sheryl Crow, Martin Scorsese, Mohammed Ali, Famke Janssen, Rob Thomas and Susan Sarandon.

Rose, a surprise guest, took the stage at the Waldorf-Astoria Ballroom to sing McCartney's "Live and Let Die." Why the performance? "Michael had asked," Rose told PEOPLE. "We actually used a sample of Michael J. Fox from (his film) Casualties of War in one of our songs that will be on the new album. So I felt, one, I've always been a fan of his. And I also feel for the guy and his situation. I'm for stem-cell research, so I just thought it would be wrong not for me to come when I was asked."

Elvis Costello attended with wife Diana Krall, who's due to give birth in December. "But it's twins," said Krall, "so maybe sooner!"

Fox's wife Tracy Pollan said the annual fundraiser got a shot in the arm from last week's wins by Democrats – and candidates favoring stem-cell research: "It definitely has an extra little feeling of excitement. But this is always a really important night, and a really fun night for us."

Pollan also said she was "sort of floored" by Rush Limbaugh's accusation that Fox exaggerated his symptoms in a campaign ad."But having watched (Limbaugh) before, maybe not as surprised as maybe I would've hoped to have been. Actually, the first thing I thought was this is really going to turn on him – which it did."

Crow, who sang the Beatles' "Blackbird" and "Eight Days a Week," told PEOPLE, "I'm really here to celebrate what Michael J. Fox is doing and what he's done so far, and the great hope he's giving everyone."

She added, "I'm so lucky, because I am now a breast cancer survivor. Obviously only six months, but I believe that I'm cancer free. (In Michael) we're watching somebody who's really fighting for his life, and the fact that he's sharing that with us I think motivates the best part of all of us to really tap into the human spirit and feel that kind of empathy and want to do something about it."

On a personal note, Crow revealed, "I'm dating." Anyone we should know? "I always feel like it's no one anyone should ever know," she said, laughing. "I like to keep my secrets."

For his part, Fox was just excited to know he had some effect on politics. "In the last week of the election, when people are chucking garbage around and it's the most brutal part of the campaign, people were actually talking about stem cells," he said. "Whatever side they came down on was great by me, as long as they talked about it."

He added: "The attention was great. And we went into that conversation knowing that 70 percent of Americans support this research."

The night ended with an all-star jam session: Fox strapped on a guitar to join Crow, Costello, Rob Thomas and Leary on stage for the Beatles' "Revolution," "Back in the U.S.S.R." and "Twist and Shout."

And when it was all over, guests went home with a unique gift basket: A Beatles lunch box stuffed with goodies.

it was really "live and let die" which is a bit strange for such an event imo

but ... what do you think is the footage for? the general? :)

ok it is for madagascar..sorr but maddy is the only song that i didnt like of cd yet and so i don't listen to it actually

Edited by slääsh

i'm so lazy to read though 10 pages..

..so has MJFox spoken some words to be used on a Gn'R song or has Gn'R simply sampled some MJFox sounds from existing source material (films for example). Is the song Madagascar (as that contains alsorts of sampled voices).

Assuming it is Madagascar, we know now it's going to be on the album. :shades:

..or, there's more songs (on CD) containing sound samples like those used on Madagascar.

..if it is Madagascar, then the race is on: What part of the sound samples (that appear on Madagascar) are those of MJFox and where were they ripped from? and who are the other voices? i'm sure there's some MyGnR Forumites working on the problem as i type this :D

I can help out witht the easy one:

Martin Luther King is the voice behind "I have a Dream, Free at last, free at last"

Axl has been ripped from Civil War

he met ali?!?!?!? *dies* i dunno what i'd do...faint, cry...be stunned, what can u possibly say to muhammad ali??!!?!!?!?!

Maybe he told Ali the release date of CD.

i wouldnt give a fuck if it never got released if i could meet muhammad ali :)

Axl Rose & Denis Leary!!! :shocked:

What did he perform??? ?!! ??

I hope SILKWORMS111!!!!111!!

Awesomeness!!!

Screw what he sang.. I wonder how Axl and Dennis Leary, two biggest asshole sin the bis today, felt about being in the same room together.. i'll bet they sang the asshole song.. Axl on backin vocals of course..lol..

..or, there's more songs (on CD) containing sound samples like those used on Madagascar.

..if it is Madagascar, then the race is on: What part of the sound samples (that appear on Madagascar) are those of MJFox and where were they ripped from? and who are the other voices? i'm sure there's some MyGnR Forumites working on the problem as i type this :D

I can help out witht the easy one:

Martin Luther King is the voice behind "I have a Dream, Free at last, free at last"

Axl has been ripped from Civil War

everybody actin like we can do anything bit is from casualties of war, the de palma movie.

Madagascar has two clips from Michael J Fox's movie "Casulaties of War" - one is Michael's voice and another is Sean Penn's voice.

Glad to see Axl doing this benefit. Great cause. For all the bad decisions he makes with regard to not releasing an album, this is a good one.

Thanks.

actually you're wrong here....limbaugh stated, "this is really shameless of Michael J. Fox. Either he didn't take his medication or he's acting, one of the two." look it up. if you can't find it, i can post a link.

Like I said, he didnt say "he was acting" it was a half truth, Rush did not say "he was acting". He said one or the other, there is a difference. Kinda like saying "Either Chinese democracy is coming out this year, or next" vs. "Chines Democracy is coming out this year" See the difference. I didnt put the part about the acting cause the other already said it.

When you dont quote correctly it is wrong. Bottom line it is NOT what he said. You cant just take parts of the quote that you want. It needs to be all of it. And for the record, I watch Boston Legal with my wife and he talks fine on that show, but for the add he is out of control. He DID do one or the other, but I feel that is his right by the way, but what Rush said was true I believe.

Not a fan of Rush, but if you are gonna rip em, say ALL of the quote, and the context as well. The way the post was written it was as if Michael J Fox was faking being sickin an interview. He didnt even put it in context. Damn, I cant believe you even wrote that man. After all the shit the Merck and Axl get accused of saying, get the quotes 100% right, they are what other people say, so picking part of it to your own liking is FALSE. When I made my statement I said I was paraphrasing, that was what Rush was implying.

just keep on supporting mediocraty (sp) guy

gunzen,

please don't take my statement as an attack on you. i was merely trying to clarify the situation.

i get what your saying, but to me your post implied that any suggestion of rush saying fox was acting was false. to me it did not seem to imply that there was even a "half-truth" in that statement. that may not have been what you meant, but it was the way that it came across. my only point was to say that rush did indeed state the possibility of fox acting sick. i agree that there is a difference between saying matter of factly that he was acting and saying he was either acting or not on medication...my only point was that he listed it as a possibility.