HMV gets shipment of album titled "Blue Tree's and Greem Grass"

LookingGlass

Forget it, retail stores get to decide how many copies they order, since there is only a % of returns... Also, the record company will want to set up coop marketing and merchandising in the best spots and for this, you need a one month period, with planograms.... also, to receive a CD, you need to have it in your data base, etc.... The minimum time for all to be done is 2-3 weeks...son it aint happening until Dec 5th in my view....and experience in a retail record chain....

Well that may be how some chains work however I just spoke to Best buy and they said often they find out they are getting a CD only a few days before hand. It is dependant upon what each record company decides.

Also as soon as CD hits stores it will be on the top of all websites so people will find out the CD is out very soon. I very rarly ever see any promo stuff at any music stores in the city I live in period.

Personally I think the CD will be shipped under a fake names every where. They will not just use one but many.

Will it end up on the net before it is officially out. YES. I suspect it will be out on the web about 2-3 days before it goes for sale.

• Replies 602
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If there's one thing I've learned over the past few months - Jarmo/HTGTH/Merck delete "truth-based" threads that they don't want to get out. When something is a lie or untrue, they simply refute it and lock the thread.

This one's got legs.

Thank God!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This next week is going to be longest of my life. We need a leak or a single dropped before all of this hysteria hits next Tuesday.

Has anyone called an American store and inquired about this "Far Downs" CD?

good question, i'm on the east coast in pa so most music stores im sure are closed by now here. someone should try out on the west coast, if they havent already.

I called Virgin in NY and Best Buy and neither know anything or have any listings of Fardowns or Far Downs...?

Guest Edward Rose

good question, i'm on the east coast in pa so most music stores im sure are closed by now here. someone should try out on the west coast, if they havent already.

I called Virgin in NY and Best Buy and neither know anything or have any listings of Fardowns or Far Downs...?

They wouldn't HAVE it listed. The original post said they were "informed that they would be recieving...."

It won't get entered into the computer until they get it.

That's why we need another HMV employee or manager who may be able to confirm just the fact that they were also "informed that they would be recieving...."

well....nothing listed or scheduled at Virgin, Best Buy, or Walmart..........LOL

if the shipment just got its rocks off tonight, they wouldnt know yet. keep in mind that the thread starter didnt say he saw it listed, or that his boss did.

and just so ya know:

stores like HMV, Virgin, Best Buy, Wal Mart, etc....have no control over what's coming to their shop on the local level. it's passed down from corporate....the people in the actual shop are only responsible for "tagging and bagging" as they say....it's the managers job to make sure the copies are on the shelf and that they dont get stolen. period. the guy who started this thread is obviously high up at a certain store (if he's for real), and he and his boss are fans, so they've prolly been looking for a clue, dig? the fake album/band name prolly isnt even on any invoice yet. obviously if you can ship a buttload of records under a fake name on the pallette, keeping said name off of the invoices is an easy/logical next step.

if this guy is for real, i would bet that it is chinese, because no unknown artist ships that many copies.

furthermore, no label would ship that many copies of an unknown artist to fucking guernsy.

I called up a few stores. None of them had any info on Far Downs or Blue Trees and Green Grass. I even enquired about GNR's new album and got this response:

"We haven't heard anything about it. I think they decided not to do that."

It sounded like a punk who didn't even bother to check for either. If I had been there in the store, I'm sure he would have.

Guest Edward Rose
If they do a "surprise" release the first week sales numbers would be poor and everyone would call it a failure. Stupid idea.

You got that backwards. No one could SAY it's a failure because the fact will be that it WASN'T promoted.

P.S. this fucking site is haulign ass now. never a pause on any page

Edited by Edward Rose

As for Canada, the HMV in downtown Toronto has no listing whatsoever for a release by "Far Down's". They did tell me a couple of weeks ago that CD is to be released tomorrow, and they have a place holder for it. I think we'll see it this month anyway.

Edited by Ions

Guest Edward Rose
if this guy is for real, i would bet that it is chinese, because no unknown artist ships that many copies.

furthermore, no label would ship that many copies of an unknown artist to fucking guernsy.

Yes. It's a little island south of England near the coast of France, right?

And to repeat... people are asking the wrong questions to the wrong store employees...

They wouldn't HAVE it listed. The original post said they were "informed that they would be recieving...."

That's why we need another HMV employee or manager who may be able to confirm just the fact that they were also "informed that they would be recieving...."

If they do a "surprise" release the first week sales numbers would be poor and everyone would call it a failure. Stupid idea.

You got that backwards. No one could SAY it's a failure because the fact will be that it WASN'T promoted.

P.S. this fucking site is haulign ass now. never a pause on any page

people can say whatever they want. as long as the people who want it get it, that's all that matters.

i personally think that axl/merck have got a cool plan up heir sleeves:

shipping it secretly to stores, releasing the single a day or two before.

bet your ass "better" will be on every radio station in the country twice an hour on monday if this is true.

and bet your ass that before and after every spin, the DJ says "HOOOOOLLLLYYY SHIT IT COMES OUT TOMORROW WOOO HOOO!!!".

their gonna create maximum hype in a small amount of time, with no leaks and no "this is not guns n roses" bullshit from magazines prior to the release. their letting the fans decide for themselves.

dont worry.

Guest Edward Rose
people can say whatever they want. as long as the people who want it get it, that's all that matters.

bet your ass "better" will be on every radio station in the country twice an hour on monday if this is true.

and bet your ass that before and after every spin, the DJ says "HOOOOOLLLLYYY SHIT IT COMES OUT TOMORROW WOOO HOOO!!!".

their gonna create maximum hype in a small amount of time, with no leaks and no "this is not guns n roses" bullshit from magazines prior to the release. their letting the fans decide for themselves.

dont worry.

I would still caution you not to expect ANYTHING predictable... like a single. The f'ing DJ's will probably have to buy it at the STORE. (since that's how leaks occur... think about it)

And sorry to keep repeating this, but not everyone is reading previous pages....

people are asking the wrong questions to the wrong store employees...

They wouldn't HAVE it listed. The original post said they were "informed that they would be recieving 'Blue Trees and Green Grass'...."

That's why we need another HMV employee or manager who may be able to confirm just the fact that they were also "informed that they would be recieving 'Blue Trees and Green Grass'...."

If that turns out to be true, than it IS Chin Dem because the title is a Google Stump.

Edited by Edward Rose

dont worry.

I would still caution you not to expect ANYTHING predictable... like a single. The f'ing DJ's will probably have to buy it at the STORE. (since that's how leaks occur... think about it)

And sorry to keep repeating this, but not everyone is reading previous pages....

They wouldn't HAVE it listed. The original post said they were "informed that they would be recieving 'Blue Trees and Green Grass'...."

That's why we need another HMV employee or manager who may be able to confirm just the fact that they were also "informed that they would be recieving 'Blue Trees and Green Grass'...."

It's entered into the computer at the HMV in by my place.

As for Canada, the HMV in downtown Toronto has no listing whatsoever for a release by "Far Down's". They did tell me a couple of weeks ago that CD is to be released tomorrow, and they have a place holder for it. I think we'll see it this month anyway.
Edited by Ions

dont worry.

Wait so you work at HMV and have seen this in the computer?

Guest Edward Rose
Solution:

Find a friend that works at HMV and go to the store when they get "Blue Trees and Green Grass."

Open the box. Take a picture. Report back. Simple.

SCIENCE DAMN IT! You're confusing everyone and didn't even comprehend the original post OR my question.

dont worry.

Oh don't start that cross examination bullshit with me. My post was quite clear. I went into the HMV at the end of my street, asked the man working when the CD was to be released, and he looked it up on the computer. I was standing with him and saw it on there. It said November 14th. I'm not saying I believe that it will be out tomorrow, I'm just telling you what I saw. There was also a place holder in the Gn'R section for it. Sorry - I'm a grumpy old man.

EDIT:

Need meds. No I don't work there. - :lol:

Edited by Ions

Guest Edward Rose

dont worry.

Oh don't start that cross examination bullshit with me. My post was quite clear. I went into the HMV at the end of my street, asked the man working when the CD was to be released, and he looked it up on the computer. I was standing with him and saw it on there. It said November 14th. I'm not saying I believe that it will be out tomorrow, I'm just telling you what I saw. There was also a place holder in the Gn'R section for it. Sorry - I'm a grumpy old man.

This guy is talking about the original "Gn'R" release info at HMV. We're still trying to confirm from a second HMV employee that BTAGG is supposed to come out. Because if true, it IS Chinese Democracy because BTAGG is a Google Stump.