• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Edward Rose
I have terrorist friends :scared:

Terrorists don't know they're terrorists. And they use fear.

In that fast-moving thread earlier, there were enough people to tell you what's up. In most other situations and threads, there aren't enough good people willing to defend others from you because it's just so exhausting. You're the only one with enough time on your hands to fuck with people, which is sad. Because that's all you really want is someone to bicker back at you...

cartman.jpg

Edited by Edward Rose

Guest Edward Rose
no, you're a towel!

no need to get all complicated, i wasn't fucking with anybody, it was simply a mistake.

I forgot to add a sign that I was being sarcastic. jogging jesus should of given that away.

It has nothing to do with that.

Anyway, this is now a general thread talking about the details of music store procedures and also making coments on England. And anything else non-flamey and non-spamey to keep it bumped so HMV employees will see it.

If you would just be more constructive, you'd be surprised how people WILL interract with you, and you'll get the attention that our little Poopey-kins needs.

Edited by Edward Rose

Guest Edward Rose
It seems possible. But has anything like this ever happened before with other big releases.

Food in England sucks btw.

From what music store employees said in the other thread, it IS possible. But it still might be a day or two until managers at the store level get word of the phoney title and band name. I think the original poster was actually working at an HMV distribution center.

can we edit the title so it says all hmv employees just so i dont feel left out?

But I thought albums are released earlier in The U.K.? I assumed that the U.S. and Canada will come later anyway.

Besides, this dist. center mentioned in the original thread is south of England, so U.K. stores are more likely to be able to find out about it.

It seems possible. But has anything like this ever happened before with other big releases.

From what music store employees said in the other thread, it IS possible. But it still might be a day or two until managers at the store level get word of the phoney title and band name. I think the original poster was actually working at an HMV distribution center.

can we edit the title so it says all hmv employees just so i dont feel left out?

But I thought albums are released earlier in The U.K.? I assumed that the U.S. and Canada will come later anyway.

Besides, this dist. center mentioned in the original thread is south of England, so U.K. stores are more likely to be able to find out about it.

if its a 21st release ill have it in my stockroom by wednesday.... and if its under this fake name it will show up in my database and i can trace it by sku

Guest Edward Rose
if its a 21st release ill have it in my stockroom by wednesday.... and if its under this fake name it will show up in my database and i can trace it by sku

Taken care of :)

That's funny. I can see you tip-toeing around your store as James Bond music is playing.

Dum, dum, dum-dum dum-dum dum-dum, duna-na-naaaaa! duna-na-naaaaaaa!

Maybe you can find out about your company's web site too. It's still f*cked!

http://www.hmv.co.uk

Edited by Edward Rose

Well duh, come up to Scotland and get some real food dude! Fresh fish any way you like it, Scotch beef, chicken with haggis and potatoes, mince n tatties. Can't beat a good scottish meal after a cold, wet day. And don't believe all the shite people spout about haggis, it's really nice, it used to be cooked in the lining of a sheep's stomach but now they have bags which do the job just as well. It's really just spicy oatmeals with meat through it.l Don't knock it till you've tried it.

Guest Edward Rose
Well duh, come up to Scotland and get some real food dude! Fresh fish any way you like it, Scotch beef, chicken with haggis and potatoes, mince n tatties. Can't beat a good scottish meal after a cold, wet day. And don't believe all the shite people spout about haggis, it's really nice, it used to be cooked in the lining of a sheep's stomach but now they have bags which do the job just as well. It's really just spicy oatmeals with meat through it.l Don't knock it till you've tried it.

I had some Scottish food at Glasgow over the Summer. It WAS better than English food. England has these sandwiches in boxes. We have them in America too... but these ones in England have the most wack-ass shit on them. Like weird combinations of stuff. And some have this stuff on them that looks like sprouts. I mostly stick with the BLT and either a tuna salad or a chicken salad. Those are safe. But with the tuna and chicken salad sandwiches, I usually have to pick off those sprouts.

Nothing beats Germany's DONER (or is it Donner?)

Most food u get in England is not actually English. It's pretty hard to find spotted dick or toad in the hole. Bangers N Mash maybe. Beans on Toast, end of story. Yeah like I'm gonna go up to Scotland to get my head kicked in for being English.

But Yes this No Release Date Rumour is way out of control.

Most food u get in England is not actually English. It's pretty hard to find spotted dick or toad in the hole. Bangers N Mash maybe. Beans on Toast, end of story. Yeah like I'm gonna go up to Scotland to get my head kicked in for being English.

But Yes this No Release Date Rumour is way out of control.

Like any of the food u get in America is American, the only american food there is, McDonalds crap. that's why most of the americans are too fat :blink:

Guest Edward Rose
Wait...do we really want to ruin the surprise?

What if this turns out to be true, but the media get hold of the story from places like this before the release? :unsure:

I think we should maybe keep discussion of this down a bit, ESPECIALLY if it starts looking like this is actually it

Well the guy is supposedly working at a distributer for HMV's so we're actually just getting it a couple of days early. When Wednesday or so comes, ALL of the store employees... or most, maybe just managers, would have known that they were getting a shipment of a new release from a non-existant band... and too many copies for a band that no one's heard of. So a post like this would have shown up soon regardless.

This is all if it's true, of course.

Dude, Far Downs is a real band.

I own both albums: "Mountain Of Love Cake" & "Jogging Jesus, Green Goo".

They had a hit single called "Going, Going, Going (Gone)" a few years ago.

It is NOT Chinese Democracy.

They also released an awesome EP "Far Out On Uppers" with the acoustic version of "Mountain of Love Cake". If you want to see them they usually tour with Nickelback - then again, that may be a reason you have never heard of them :xmassrudolph:

Dude, Far Downs is a real band.

I own both albums: "Mountain Of Love Cake" & "Jogging Jesus, Green Goo".

They had a hit single called "Going, Going, Going (Gone)" a few years ago.

I've got bootlegs of the demos...they're awesome!

Wait...do we really want to ruin the surprise?

Er- yes. Yes we do. We want to know the truth and find out when Chinese Democracy is being released.

What if this turns out to be true, but the media get hold of the story from places like this before the release? :unsure:

Then we've just helped create free promotion for the band. Nothing bad about that is there?

I think we should maybe keep discussion of this down a bit, ESPECIALLY if it starts looking like this is actually it

This is most likely rubbish but if it isn't and is actually Chinese Democracy then we have no obligation to keep quiet about it.

Edited by Guest

Nothing beats Germany's DONER (or is it Donner?)

Actually it's Döner...

doener.jpg

And surely thats a greek dish, not german...

WTF ? It's a Turkish dish , even the word DÖNER is Turkish. There are 2 million Turks in Germany and nearly 5% of 'em sell döner :) , but the best döner is made in Istanbul of course.