All British HMV employees please read!

Guest Edward Rose

Guest Edward Rose

Here's the deal. We have info that an HMV store on that bum fuck island near France, was "informed that they would be recieving a new album titled 'Blue Tree's and Greem Grass'"

So what we need you to do... wait. Here's what you SHOULDN'T do. DON'T look in the computer for this release. Ask the highest manager in your store if he/she was informed about ANY kind of release titled "Blue Tree's and Greem Grass" (Or spelled correctly "Blue Trees and Green Grass") by a band called "Far Downs"

If this is true, it probably IS Chinese Democracy because "Blue Trees and Green Grass" (spelled correctly or incorrectly) is a Google Stump. And even the shittiest band on the planet with that album title would have a forum hit from google or a myspace hit from google.

One more thing, don't do ANYTHING that ANYONE else says below in this thread. Please just read above again and give it a try for us.

To others, feel free to respond in this thread to keep it bumped. You can even call me names. I don't care. But PLEASE don't confuse things. We don't need ANYONE to "call stores and ask if the computer has a listing for 'Blue Trees and Green Grass,'" because that's NOT what the original poster said in the other thread. And also, based on reading the credible info from other record store employees in the other thread, new releases AREN'T always "in the computer" before they arrive.

Thank you,

Edited by Edward Rose

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Dude, Far Downs is a real band.

I own both albums: "Mountain Of Love Cake" & "Jogging Jesus, Green Goo".

They had a hit single called "Going, Going, Going (Gone)" a few years ago.

It is NOT Chinese Democracy.

Edited by Jackamo

wuh?

i called HMV and they say that there will NOT be any new GNR this year, they even know about jan/feb releases in advance, and the supervisor i spoke too says that they simply cannot deal with a surprise release because that means "no time for promotion or set up in the shop" ..."its a big release and the amount of stock would be a dead giveaway" ..."he speaks to the labels and that would be treating the staff like crap" ..."he heard about a november 13th rumour from UK HMV"

i can safely assume from his experiance and tone of voice, he knew his shit, it aint coming out this year

Edited by motownjunkie

Guest Edward Rose

Well I DID say you could fuck around to keep this bumped. BUT THE SECOND POST?! :)

SCIENCE DAMN IT! :) :)

Edited by Edward Rose

Guest Edward Rose
hello, england?

i just wanted to tell you that you have a drinking problem..........

I just wanted to say that I loooooooooooooooooooooooove English women even though I'm from America.

Alot of them look like "Susie" :)

British Surfing Team

britteamtt5.jpg

Edited by Edward Rose

Well I searched for a band named Far Downs at www.windowsmedia.com (they've got a massive database, even with obscure bands) and I got nothing. I searched on Google for "Mountain of Love Cake" and got nothing. If this band actually exists they must be so small it's ridiculous; hard to believe they'd have a hit song. But what do I know...you may be right.

Anyways, it seems that "greem" is in fact a word:

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=greem

It's like green, only moreso.

WTF

Edited by KBear

Well I searched for a band named Far Downs at www.windowsmedia.com (they've got a massive database, even with obscure bands) and I got nothing. I searched on Google for "Mountain of Love Cake" and got nothing. If this band actually exists they must be so small it's ridiculous; hard to believe they'd have a hit song. But what do I know...you may be right.

WTF

Jackamo's just joking. A simple Google search verifies there is no band, and no CDs of those names.

hello, england?

I just wanted to say that I loooooooooooooooooooooooove English women even though I'm from America.

British Surfing Team

britteamtt5.jpg

i love english everything, although i am of the opinion that meat should not be boiled.

ever.

WTF

Jackamo's just joking. A simple Google search verifies there is no band, and no CDs of those names.

Yes, I see that. Silly Jackamo.

Anyways, "Blue Tree" searched in Google brings up a lot of stuff. Various companies and organizations. There's actually also a band called Blue Tree at bluetreemusic.com

Anyways, this was fun while it lasted. But it's 1am here and I gotta get up soon. Besides, I'm not smart enough to figure this shit out, that is if there is anything to figure out in the first place. If GN'R used a fake name they'd be smart to use one that nobody can crack.

Guest Edward Rose

hello, england?

British Surfing Team

britteamtt5.jpg

i love english everything, although i am of the opinion that meat should not be boiled.

ever.

I don't like English Breakfasts. What's with the baked beans in the morning? And only ONE egg on a breakfast platter? Bacon? That's HAM! :)

I got these guys at a restaurant near the Gloucester Road station who make me an American breakfast when I come in. Extra eggs, no beans, well done ham... I mean "Bacon."

But I LOVE Fish n' Chips. Never get tired of it.

Dude you are a full blown liar! When will you do everyone a favor and step down from this forum beeeatch!! :fuckyou:

don't skip your meds: he was joking.

Dude you are a full blown liar! When will you do everyone a favor and step down from this forum beeeatch!! :fuckyou:

don't skip your meds: he was joking.

sorry I couldn't tell.

I'd figure I would post on this before I go to bed. Ok, we all know (or "heard"..whatever you would like to say) that the album was going to come out this year. Honestly guys lets look at the facts. There is no way in hell enough time to promote this album. While I think it is a bad idea for an album that is 14 years in the making, an epic if you will, to get released with no promotion leading up to it at all, we still get an album. Merck himself stated that they may not announce a release date and it may just show up in the store one day. This seems to be the way things will be handled and therefore, I believe that management and the band are taking every possible precaution that nobody knows what day that it will be released. Furthermore, this "Green Grass Blue Shit" whatever the name of this record that is supposed to get released by HMV, can quite possibly be Chinese Democracy. If this is actually a true story that is, and not made up buy someone. Do you honestly think that Sanctuary is going to tell the stores that they will be receiving Chinese democracy on set date at set time? Of course not. It would ruin the mysitque. It would ruin the surprise. We all know that the moment someone who works at a record store sees the name "Chinese Democracy" on the "to be released this Tuesday" list, he or she will be posting it all over the place. I think that this is (if true) a great way for management to go about releasing the album. I, along with all of you, hope for this to be true but I will not be let down if it is not. After all, true Guns n Roses fans are veterans of dealing with let downs. We have waited 14 years. The signs point to a release this year. It's gonna happen. Let's just be patient.

-Hollywood

Edited by HollyWoodRose84

If GnR is able to pull off a surprise albulm release it will get HUGE FUCKIN PRESS. It will be on every news show everywhere because of the shock of a CD that very few people even know has being made.

Think about how many times we call stores and the people there have no idea there is a new GnR CD. Face it it is still a very underground movement and the impact of the CD hitting stores will be the promotion.

Guest Edward Rose

To be perfectly honest, the only thing I don't like here is Jackamo and his little terrorist friends. And it was interesting how when the other thread was jammin for a few hours, the "Good" people were posting for the most part, and him and his little terrorist friends antics barely showed through.

But when it's a slower thread, look out. You'll get stomped.