axl speaks about parkinsons gig

avg_

Guns N' Roses frontman W. Axl Rose spoke with People magazine about his performance last Saturday night (November 11th) at a Parkinson's Disease benefit at the Waldorf-Astoria hotel in New York City. Rose played "Live And Let Die" at the event, which raised money for the Michael J. Fox Foundation and was co-hosted by the actor and Muhammad Ali. Rose said about his appearance, "Michael had asked. We actually used a sample of Michael J. Fox from (the movie) Casualties of War in one of our songs that will be on the new album. So I felt, one, I've always been a fan of his. And I also feel for the guy and his situation. I'm for stem-cell research, so I just thought it would be wrong not for me to come when I was asked."

Michael J. Fox is a victim of Parkinson's Disease and campaigned for candidates in favor of stem cell research in the recent Congressional elections.

Guns N' Roses plays on Wednesday, November 15th, in Toronto, Canada.

There are six Tuesdays left in 2006 on which Guns N' Roses can release

source from http://www.therockradio.com/2006/11/axl-ro...insons-gig.html

It's great that he feels obligated to help those that have helped him in some way, that's called loyalty and I like that in a person. I really think a different song should have been done though. The Lyrics for LALD just don't seem...errrr, right for the event. Not to mention, it would have been the balls to hear Axl sing another Beatles song we've not heard him do before ;-)

Edited by mcalldp

the funny thing is that i think this is actually the first and only time on the entire tour (since may) that axl has said one word about the album :lol:

Well, he wouldn't want to make it look like his appearance was just to promote his album. I don't think anyone here thinks that is the case either.

the funny thing is that i think this is actually the first and only time on the entire tour (since may) that axl has said one word about the album :lol:

Well, he wouldn't want to make it look like his appearance was just to promote his album. I don't think anyone here thinks that is the case either.

Surely a tour is supposed to promote an album, don't you think...

I'm not talking about the tour, I'm talking about his appearance at the parkinsons gig (hence this thread). I'm just saying its a matter of tact: this is something entirely seperate from the tour and it would be bad to taste for Axl to go, 'yeah yeah parkinsons a bitch, by the way my band is touring so go out and check us out!'

Surely a tour is supposed to promote an album, don't you think...

I'm not talking about the tour, I'm talking about his appearance at the parkinsons gig (hence this thread). I'm just saying its a matter of tact: this is something entirely seperate from the tour and it would be bad to taste for Axl to go, 'yeah yeah parkinsons a bitch, by the way my band is touring so go out and check us out!'

I agree