Will Axl be remembered as one of the ALL time musical greats?

HardRockHero

Now I no we all agree that Gnr have done some fuckin kick ass, heavy mutha music in there time. The best band in the world for the past 20 years, for sure.

Basically, what I'm asking is how will GnR be remembered and Axl in perticular? classical musicians and shit are remembered for centuries after there done dyin. Now I ain't a fag or shit so I don't listen to that pussy ass music but do you reckon Axl will be remembered for as long as Baithoven and people, once he's dead? I think he must do because can you name me one Baithoven or Mozart tune or shit? Fuck, no! Can you name me 10 kick ass Gnr tunes? Hell, yeah!!!! Think how kickass it will be in a hundred years/ May be there'll play GnR in church and stuff by then cos they only play old assed shit in church so even curch wudnt be as borin!!!!

Anybody agree or have ne thorts on this?

rock3

Now I no we all agree that Gnr have done some fuckin kick ass, heavy mutha music in there time. The best band in the world for the past 20 years, for sure.

Basically, what I'm asking is how will GnR be remembered and Axl in perticular? classical musicians and shit are remembered for centuries after there done dyin. Now I ain't a fag or shit so I don't listen to that pussy ass music but do you reckon Axl will be remembered for as long as Baithoven and people, once he's dead? I think he must do because can you name me one Baithoven or Mozart tune or shit? Fuck, no! Can you name me 10 kick ass Gnr tunes? Hell, yeah!!!! Think how kickass it will be in a hundred years/ May be there'll play GnR in church and stuff by then cos they only play old assed shit in church so even curch wudnt be as borin!!!!

rock3

The Best band in the world for the past 20 years? :rofl-lol:

Certainly my favorite band for that length of time, but they were only really the 'best band in the world' for about 6 of those 20 years. Then the lead singer had a bad case of Sociophobia.

Well, that 'pussy' Beethoven seems to have done alright for himself...

Seriously though, there is a chance he could be up there with the great performers of the last 20 years or so, but this 'extended' break will cost him. He is an excellent frontman though....

rock3

Hey, dude, I love hard rock as much as any GnR fan but you just make yourself sound ignorant when you talk about classical music like that. I got this quotation off the Snakepit site:

"As most musicians do, SLASH likes classical music, particularly that of composer Erik Satie. "

http://www.snakepit.org/equip.html

So for the record it's spelled "Beethoven", and yes, there are plenty of GnR fans and band members who can name tunes by Beethoven and Mozart. It may not be your thing, but if you like the complexity and layering that elevates GnR's music past basic stupid headbanger music into something that (in my opinion) probably will be played two and three centuries from now, then you have classical music to thank (partially).

That period of about three hundred years (actually baroque, classical, and romantic periods) is when Western music evolved from monotonal chants and simple folk ditties to sophisticated, emotional melodies and harmonies. Add to that the addition of African elements shaping the blues and jazz, distort it until it screams, CRANK IT UP TO 11, and there you have the the shit we rock out to today.

...by the way there are a growing number of churches that appeal to younger listeners by playing Rap and Rock music. But unless Axl decides to write a Kyrie, Gloria, Sanctus, Agnus Dei, et cetera, I don't see how WTTJ fits into a Latin Mass. :)

Edited by ThusSpakeTheSUPERGuru

Ah , I don't think he'll ever be remembered in that way , Most of those compossers created something new , so it's really a totally different situation with them . GnR will be remebered but not in the same way . '

Peace GnR Nation :shades:

classical musicians and shit are remembered for centuries after there done dyin. Now I ain't a fag or shit so I don't listen to that pussy ass music but do you reckon Axl will be remembered for as long as Baithoven and people, once he's dead? I think he must do because can you name me one Baithoven or Mozart tune or shit? Fuck, no!

Did you get fucked in the ear as a child or something? Your brain is a little mushed. You should probably see a Doctor about that.

Thats is an exaggeration, I mean classic is classic..

he isnt in one category with them and he won't be.

but if you asking if he will be remembered like a great performer and artist, I sure do hope so, and he got the chance to prove himself worthy for all the world, cuse theres alot of ppl who dont even know who GNR are, and if 10 years passed by and ppl dont know or tell thier kids about them, then he wont be remembered.

and now with the comeback he can change it.

I think that Axl is underated, he can write sweet lyrics, but ppl just like talking about how bad ass he is, even back in the 90's it was like that.

he wasnt and isnt remembered like kurt kubbain, and his lyrics arent lees good then kurt's.

I belive a part of the respect kurt have is beacuse of his suicide.

so like I said, we'll have to wait and see whats he is going to do the years to come.

maybe this CD will change the world of music and then he'll get the respect he deserves.

I sure do hope so.

rock3

I -- I just don't know what to say.

I mean....

You can't be serious...