Do you have faith in Axl? The clocks ticking..

Axl_morris

Personlly I am. However take alook at the points.

Axl isn't a stranger to doing anything at the last minute, E.g, adding BBF into the band a week before a tour. Coming on late on stage, etc. It's Axls nature to leave things to the last minute.

So, what is the usual for an album (without promotion) to be heard about before it comes out? It has to be about a month. Personally my veiw is Axl's leaving it until late December for Christmas. We might hear something on the 21st or 28th, hopefully.

I think it's fair to say the album is finished, and they're just waiting for the right time. Perhaps Axl is holding out to get an Xmas no.1 ???

On a side note, Merck.

If you have seen 24, I imagine him to be like Charles Logan. Someone in charge of something big but does not have the mental spirit to take charge. To be honest, Axl is his own manager. Merck, probably, just arranges venues or somthing. He's not Axls boss.

I've stuck with it for years, I went to use your illusion when there was no album released, I'll always be a fan but I will be disapointed if CD doesn't come out this year. I'm still hopeful of it appearing in the shops near Christmas time, no promo, no ads, no interviews just the album suddenly being on the shelves! My only concern is that no shops seem to have anything on it comming and it does seem a bit strange that they wouldn't get some notice of it..........

Jo

Yes. And I'm not being too generous- I do have faith and always have had faith in Axl, despite his flaws. I'm not one of those people that use Human Nature as a scapegoat to one's actions but I do believe in the man himself. I do have faith in Chinese Democracy and I do have faith in GnR.

I'm still hoping that it'll come out this year, but i'm REALLY starting to doubt it. If it doesn't, I'll just have to continue to listen to the old material and the leaks. I won't buy any more Guns N Roses merchandise or concert tickets though until the cd does come out.

To be honest yes, im not sure how much faith i ever had in him though.

Part of what makes him so appealing and frustrating is his attitude, Axl is his own worst demon but a gifted one.

Life is for living and i have learned that living your life for an album or Axl to get his shit together is a waste of time, when it comes i'll buy it and when the band tours i will pay to see them but im not a love sick teen who see's Axl as the messiha(sp?), he's just a gifted flawed man who i love watching and listening to but can't be trsusted to deliver the mail ;)

Personlly I am. However take alook at the points.

Axl isn't a stranger to doing anything at the last minute, E.g, adding BBF into the band a week before a tour. Coming on late on stage, etc. It's Axls nature to leave things to the last minute.

So, what is the usual for an album (without promotion) to be heard about before it comes out? It has to be about a month. Personally my veiw is Axl's leaving it until late December for Christmas. We might hear something on the 21st or 28th, hopefully.

I think it's fair to say the album is finished, and they're just waiting for the right time. Perhaps Axl is holding out to get an Xmas no.1 ???

On a side note, Merck.

If you have seen 24, I imagine him to be like Charles Logan. Someone in charge of something big but does not have the mental spirit to take charge. To be honest, Axl is his own manager. Merck, probably, just arranges venues or somthing. He's not Axls boss.

Great post bro, I'm sticking until December 19th, If it's not out before that then I'll be annoyed, but what can you do, it's not gonna make the album come quicker.

I've been saying all along that December 19th is the most possible release date for this year. If its not out by then, I'm done with the forum stuff, I'm done with the tours, and the merchandise.

This year was the first time in a while in which I was actually expecting the album. Everything seemed to be postive. We have heard multiple times "this year" "fall" "Late fall" "There are 10 tuesdays left...."

I think if it isn't out this year, Axl made a gigantic mistake. He already lost the respect of everyone else... now he is starting to lose the respect of his die hard fans.

For once, I think we actually believed him when he said "this year." He sounded so damn sure. We got the European tour, the four hammerstein shows, the US tour, he appeared on the VMAs... we got the trunk interview, the four "leaks." Everything seemed to be put in motion. Its going to be the same charade... next year its going to be "Summer 2007" then pushed to winter 07, then summer 08, winter 08.... when will it end?

Its abundantly clear, the man is afraid of failure.

i've always had the intention of actually buying this CD (no doubt in my mind, i know 100% ill go to the store right after school on that tuesday and purchase it, put it in on the way home, and listen to it when i get home, and listen to it as i drive to give guitar lessons, on the way home, and when i get home and so on for weeks) but if this CD isnt out in 2006, i'm just downloading it - i wont be lied to about when its coming out when i've been waiting so long. so axl, better release it this year or in my opinion, youll lose a lot of sales - all my friends have the same mindset as me.

I'm definately going to buy it whenever/if it ever comes out... but I think after this year is up its no longer going to be waiting, reading about when its going to come out. I'll admit, I've put way too much time and attention into this album. I'm very anxious for it... but thats going to stop after december 26th... I'm sure a friend will tell me if a release date is ever finalized.

"I've been saying all along that December 19th is the most possible release date for this year. If its not out by then, I'm done with the forum stuff, I'm done with the tours, and the merchandise."

I agree...im done with paying any attention. I will probably go to one more show because it is one hell of a show..but no moer merch, forums, balh blah blah.

"I think if it isn't out this year, Axl made a gigantic mistake. He already lost the respect of everyone else... now he is starting to lose the respect of his die hard fans.

For once, I think we actually believed him when he said "this year." "

I have wondered why nobody will make a statement.....a statement at this point would at least calm some people down. If they wait till after the new year, anything they say they can keep. At least if they place some blame now....we'll know the deal, but the same statement after the new year is about as shitty as cancelling a show while people are getting in their seats !!!

GNFNR

I've never to my knowledge or that I can remember thought it was coming out. I felt in 2003 that it was over but recently with the leaks and then the touring I thought maybe it will come out and then he said this year so I really thought gotta be but still never convinced cos there was no single. Then there was these ideas thats its surprise release so who knows but it would be stupid to thinks its a sure thing without even a release date, I would say...but you never know.