Any of you actually going to go to your local record store 2morrow

burocks

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So? They wouldn't do all that work and then say nah U2 are releasing a best of album. By the way there is a thread saying that a GNR commercial states CD out Winter 2006.

rock4

r u sure they where not talking about the concert and saying call ticketmaster and all that crap

I'm in the UK and called HMV today. Here's what happened.

Me - Do you have Chinese Democracy by Guns N' Roses?

HMV - One min.....no but it's listed for release on the 18th December (this year).

Me - err right...

HMV - do you want to order a copy?

Me- YES

HMV - ok..wait a second, actually coming up.... dis-continued?!

Me - What does that mean exactly?

HMV - umm, that there is no date..... or it has changed.....maybe put back til later on maybe next year!

BUGGER!

HMV - One min.....no but it's listed for release on the 18th December (this year).

Me - err right...

Me- YES

HMV - umm, that there is no date..... or it has changed.....maybe put back til later on maybe next year!

BUGGER!

how come HMV gives out a different (seemingly arbitrary) date every week? what is HMV anyway - i know it's a store - but there aren't any in the US are there?

Me - err right...

Me- YES

BUGGER!

In the words of Dr.Evil.........Riiiiiggggghhhttttt :drevil::drevil::drevil::drevil:

Me - err right...

Me- YES

BUGGER!

In the words of Dr.Evil.........Riiiiiggggghhhttttt :drevil::drevil::drevil::drevil:

I havn't made that up, am a massive fan and wouldn't waste peoples time. I asked the same store a couple of months ago and they had nothing listed at all then, so something has happened in that time. Whilst in LA recently I asked in Virgin and they had nothing listed.

HMV is prob UK biggest record store.

HMV Chinese Democracy

Edited by Zakk Wylde

Me - err right...

Me- YES

BUGGER!

Maybe they just have the album in the database so when it does come out its already there. Every year Axl has rolled over to the next year and so does the date. Its upcomming.

Edited by ChrisXGNR

Today I was at Tower Records in Paramus NJ on Rt 17S. To my surpise I find that the store is going out of business (every Tower records as well). So there not getting anything new in. As a matter of fact they have EVERYTHING in the store at 40% off. So I bought a bunch of cd's.

talkingmetal themselves has shut that rumor down

I called virgin Mega Store in manhattan. No Chinese Democracy November 21st. Not possible for a suprise drop...not possible under another name. In fact nothing in the system and nothing that the manager knew of would indicate a release for the next month. That having been said, I think it's safe to say that Axl has dropped the ball and has played us all for suckers. See you next year!!!!

Last 4 times I did that I got laughed at.

All those times when I told them Axl said it will be out in 2006 I got laughed at even louder.

To answer your question: No I won't but I do check if they know anything yet at random intervals.

If you are so worried about being laughed at, just go to the "G" section of the record store. If they laugh at you for that, it might be what you look like. <_<

i think axl and merck said the album was coming out this year because they wanted people to go to the shows. whenever people ask bumblefoot about it he always says he doesnt know, i think he does know he just doesnt want to be the one to break peoples hearts about CD not coming out this year because its not his fault. he must have at least an idea of when its coming out, can you imagine being in a band and not know when the album is coming out? theyre fucking touring together 24/7, rehearse together, record parts on the album, etc etc, how could he not know??

All those times when I told them Axl said it will be out in 2006 I got laughed at even louder.

To answer your question: No I won't but I do check if they know anything yet at random intervals.

Maybe i should go camp out at my store for Chinese (Conspiracy) like they did last week for the Playstation 3. There would be a mad dash for the door when the store opened, and knowing my luck, i'd get trampled to death by some EMO kid wearing a Panic! at the Disco shirt, so maybe i better not go.

I'll just wait till it comes to my Columbia House account. The record is sooo rare, it might be the only way to get it.

Coming soon on my K-Tel 8-track player, its Chinese Democracy!

i think axl and merck said the album was coming out this year because they wanted people to go to the shows. whenever people ask bumblefoot about it he always says he doesnt know, i think he does know he just doesnt want to be the one to break peoples hearts about CD not coming out this year because its not his fault. he must have at least an idea of when its coming out, can you imagine being in a band and not know when the album is coming out? theyre fucking touring together 24/7, rehearse together, record parts on the album, etc etc, how could he not know??

Thats right! this guy got it right. At last, someone sees the truth! Its the old Gilby Clark epsidoe, when he tells Kerrang back eons ago that "there ain't no album coming out, Slash took the songs for his Snakepit record" again. Bumblefoot doesn't want to be the guy to tear the shroud of lies from this story. Axl just wants people to stay interested in him, so he keeps saying "New music soon" and "It'll be out this year" just to buy time for the Slash, Duff and Izzy reunion tour in 2008 that'll pay him $20 million bucks.

Chinese Democracy, the greatest album to never be released.

Maybe i should go camp out at my store for Chinese (Conspiracy) like they did last week for the Playstation 3. There would be a mad dash for the door when the store opened, and knowing my luck, i'd get trampled to death by some EMO kid wearing a Panic! at the Disco shirt, so maybe i better not go.

I'll just wait till it comes to my Columbia House account. The record is sooo rare, it might be the only way to get it.

Coming soon on my K-Tel 8-track player, its Chinese Democracy!

They've actually released The Playstation 3 Now??? :shocked:

Is it any good?

Edited by jimmy1981