Is December 31st the breaking point for most?

fantomas

It seems this year has proven to be the most exciting year for Gn'R fans in over a decade. Yes, the album has been due for years but will all the activity and statements, it really feels/felt like this is the year. IF, IF 2006 ends and the promises are not delivered, will this be it for you? This is the most riled up I've seen the members here ever and the atmosphere gets worse with every Tuesday that passed. I think it could be devastating if they don't deliver.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It seems this year has proven to be the most exciting year for Gn'R fans in over a decade. Yes, the album has been due for years but will all the activity and statements, it really feels/felt like this is the year. IF, IF 2006 ends and the promises are not delivered, will this be it for you? This is the most riled up I've seen the members here ever and the atmosphere gets worse with every Tuesday that passed. I think it could be devastating if they don't deliver.

i believe axl will blame us fans and tell us he fucking meant 2007

i believe axl will blame us fans and tell us he fucking meant 2007

A misquote suit is in the works :lol:

If it ain't out by the 31st, I will be really pissed off, but I will still be a massive fan. I would be really annoyed at Axl, as he originally said back in Feb it would definitely be out this year, and has still been saying it will be. I'm trying to think of a viable excuse he could use if it doesn't

I turn into a free downloading motherfucker after the new year baby!!! Fuck that...."then your not a real fan.." Bullshit! Money talks and bullshit walks and Axl Rose is quickly starting to smell like donkey maneur!!!

Guest Yanni_16
If it ain't out by the 31st, I will be really pissed off, but I will still be a massive fan. I would be really annoyed at Axl, as he originally said back in Feb it would definitely be out this year, and has still been saying it will be. I'm trying to think of a viable excuse he could use if it doesn't

Some of you guys have got to stop trying to think of excuses for Axl. He's long run out of excuses by this point, if he doesn't deliver, it'll be nobody's fault but his own.

I think that if the album isn't released this year I will jeust be a downloading mothefucker and get the album from limewire or another pissed off fan. I payed almost $170 for a ticket, over $125 in gas to drive to the ottawa show, then another $100 on merchandise, 60$ on a speeding ticket and at least $100 on beer, $50 on smokes and over $100 on food. If Axl can't keep a promise for a lifelong fan like me who spent almost $700 on a show (and who is a broke and in dept student right now) when it comes time to ring in the CD i'm gunna say "FUCK YOU! You're right Axl. I'm a downloadin Mother Fucker...and do you know who is to blame?" I won't even bother to say it...

A8R

I honestly don't care if it's out this year. When it comes out, I will buy it.

I'm not going to waste my time waiting for it. I'm still buying other great music, and listening to other artists.

There is other great music out there.

anyone who's so uptight about this album being released this year needs to relax, there's far more important stuff going on in the world than whether or not gnr release an album.

The question wasn't "Is this the most important thing in the universe right now". It was "Is Dec 31st the cut off for your patience"

Of course there's more pressing things going on in the world right now, but we choose to be on a Gn'R to come here and forget about them for a while. When I feel like discussing poverty and war, I will go to the appropriate forums. Maybe you'd be happier at one of those forums if world issues are always on your mind.

Nah, I think that whenever it comes out I'll be far too intrigued by it to not buy a copy. Sure, I know I could download it, but that's hardly the same - I'd want to see the cover, booklet, everything. Curiosity for ya.

As for the "still being a fan" question; I'm not really one now - not in the proper sense - so the "still" doesn't apply to me. Obviously, that would be because the new reincarnation of the band hasn't given me quite enough to judge them by just yet. So basically my "fandom" doesn't really depend on when CD comes out, just what its quality will be like.

Edited by nameless_girl

Yes. 2006 is it for me:

http://www.mygnrforum.com/index.php?showtopic=83734

:question:

Nah, I think that whenever it comes out I'll be far too intrigued by it to not buy a copy. Sure, I know I could download it, but that's hardly the same - I'd want to see the cover, booklet, everything. Curiosity for ya.

As for the "still being a fan" question; I'm not really one now - not in the proper sense - so the "still" doesn't apply to me. Obviously, that would be because the new reincarnation of the band hasn't given me quite enough to judge them by just yet. So basically my "fandom" doesn't really depend on when CD comes out, just what its quality will be like.

I think there is a rule somehwere that after more than 3500 posts on a GNR fan site, you have to be a fan.

A8R

I think there is a rule somehwere that after more than 3500 posts on a GNR fan site, you have to be a fan.

Oh, I'm practically obsessed with the old line-up, but really, I don't see how I could call myself a proper fan of the new one :question: - I'm dead curious about them, sure, but I've only heard a couple of demos or concert-quality songs, some of which I liked, most of which didn't really make an impression upon me, so I have serious reservations about using the word "fan." But that's just me.

Ah, and my post count is mostly due to the non-GNR and old Gunners' sub-forums, if that clears things up.