AXL ROSE Throws Eagles of Death Metal Off GUNS N' ROSES Tour?

Carne_asaDA

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dropped from the tour because the fans at one show booed them?

I don't buy it...somewhere there's a local Cleveland radio interview or news spot or something where EODM took a swipe at Axl or the band,perhaps in gest...but were found out.

There's more to this..somehow.

I agree. He wouldn't kick them off the tour just because they were booed at one show. Hell, Bullet for My Valentine was booed offstage a the Hammerstein shows, and Axl still kept them around for the European tour. There's more to this story than we're hearing,

Exactly, I didn't like BFMV at all, and I don't think many people around me did either

EAGLES OF DEATH METAL appear to have been removed from the GUNS N' ROSES tour after only one show

due to an overwhelmingly poor reception the band got from the GN'R audience during EAGLES' tour opener.

According to several fans who attended last night's (Nov. 24) GUNS N' ROSES concert at Quicken Loans

Arena in Cleveland, Ohio (also featuring SEBASTIAN BACH and SUICIDE GIRLS), people were booing

throughout EAGLES' hour-long set, with some of the GN'R fans calling the group's performance "horrid at

best" and describing the band's music as "pretty fucking lame," with a repertoire of songs that sound "almost

the same." GUNS N' ROSES frontman Axl Rose apparently agreed with his fans, because a few songs into

GNR's set he reportedly said something to the effect of, "So how'd you like THE PIGEONS OF SHIT METAL?

Don't worry, that's the last show they're playing with us."

EAGLES OF DEATH METAL released its second album, "Death By Sexy", earlier this year. The CD features

appearances by Mark Lanegan and QUEENS OF THE STONE AGE drummer Joey Castillo, while DISTILLERS

frontwoman Brody Dalle (QOTSA frontman Josh Homme's girlfriend) and singer Wendy Ray added backing

vocals on several tracks.

Source: http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermo...ewsitemID=62746

I was at the Cleveland show last night, and really The Eagles Of Death Metal really sucked, I would have perfered to see another hour of the Suicide Girls. The only good part of TEODM was the drummer, he was really good, but truth be told, I was watching, about 80% of the songs were the same musically aside from a change in lyrics. The singer/guitarist looked like he was fresh out of the movie Grease, and the lead guitarist was an old fat man, who literally MUST have been at LEAST 65 years old, he looked like he could be my grandpa, and I was standing right in front of him against the barrier.

But truth be told, this is Axls tour, and he has a right to say whatever the fuck he wants about them. I couldnt tell of this TEODM was a serious band, or if they were a joke. The singer pranced around like Scott Weiland on a bad acid trip and was laughing all the time, and was saying things like 'You all want some rock?!?! Well, we are working on it' and they went on after Sebastian Bach, so I took that as kind of a slam against Baz (who played a very killer and awesome set, and really seemed to be enjoying himself.)

But I think Axl refered to them as 'The Pigeon Shits of Metal' which was quite funny. Axl was in a bad mood throughout the set, he threw a guy out and his monitor kept going off as what he said sounded like 'someone took an AM transistor radio and stomped the hell out of it and put it in my ear.' Thats what he said his ear monitor sounded like. He even threw out his monitor man saying 'if this shit doesnt work, there is no use in you being here, so you can just go home, and dont try hiding in the back this time.'

But throughout the show his monitor was fucking up and he was motioning side stage a lot kind of signaling that he couldnt hear anything. But he was always cool to the audience (aside from that one douche who threw a beer at him and got kicked out) he seemed in a bright mood towards the crowd saying that he was really looking forward to the Cleveland show, and he always feels comfortable playing there.

He played a full set, and played 3 songs in the encore (Madagascar, Chinese Democracy and Paradise City) and he had an awesome set. So I think Axl has changed A LOT in regards to his attitude. If all this shit would have gone on in the 90s or even in 02, he would have taken off and canceled the show. But he battled through it, and I think that is a testament as to how much Axl wants this thing to work out, and hes not as bad as everyone seems to think he is.

EAGLES OF DEATH METAL appear to have been removed from the GUNS N' ROSES tour after only one show

due to an overwhelmingly poor reception the band got from the GN'R audience during EAGLES' tour opener.

According to several fans who attended last night's (Nov. 24) GUNS N' ROSES concert at Quicken Loans

Arena in Cleveland, Ohio (also featuring SEBASTIAN BACH and SUICIDE GIRLS), people were booing

throughout EAGLES' hour-long set, with some of the GN'R fans calling the group's performance "horrid at

best" and describing the band's music as "pretty fucking lame," with a repertoire of songs that sound "almost

the same." GUNS N' ROSES frontman Axl Rose apparently agreed with his fans, because a few songs into

GNR's set he reportedly said something to the effect of, "So how'd you like THE PIGEONS OF SHIT METAL?

EAGLES OF DEATH METAL released its second album, "Death By Sexy", earlier this year. The CD features

appearances by Mark Lanegan and QUEENS OF THE STONE AGE drummer Joey Castillo, while DISTILLERS

frontwoman Brody Dalle (QOTSA frontman Josh Homme's girlfriend) and singer Wendy Ray added backing

I was at the Cleveland show last night, and really The Eagles Of Death Metal really sucked, I would have perfered to see another hour of the Suicide Girls. The only good part of TEODM was the drummer, he was really good, but truth be told, I was watching, about 80% of the songs were the same musically aside from a change in lyrics. The singer/guitarist looked like he was fresh out of the movie Grease, and the lead guitarist was an old fat man, who literally MUST have been at LEAST 65 years old, he looked like he could be my grandpa, and I was standing right in front of him against the barrier.

But truth be told, this is Axls tour, and he has a right to say whatever the fuck he wants about them. I couldnt tell of this TEODM was a serious band, or if they were a joke. The singer pranced around like Scott Weiland on a bad acid trip and was laughing all the time, and was saying things like 'You all want some rock?!?! Well, we are working on it' and they went on after Sebastian Bach, so I took that as kind of a slam against Baz (who played a very killer and awesome set, and really seemed to be enjoying himself.)

But I think Axl refered to them as 'The Pigeon Shits of Metal' which was quite funny. Axl was in a bad mood throughout the set, he threw a guy out and his monitor kept going off as what he said sounded like 'someone took an AM transistor radio and stomped the hell out of it and put it in my ear.' Thats what he said his ear monitor sounded like. He even threw out his monitor man saying 'if this shit doesnt work, there is no use in you being here, so you can just go home, and dont try hiding in the back this time.'

But throughout the show his monitor was fucking up and he was motioning side stage a lot kind of signaling that he couldnt hear anything. But he was always cool to the audience (aside from that one douche who threw a beer at him and got kicked out) he seemed in a bright mood towards the crowd saying that he was really looking forward to the Cleveland show, and he always feels comfortable playing there.

He played a full set, and played 3 songs in the encore (Madagascar, Chinese Democracy and Paradise City) and he had an awesome set. So I think Axl has changed A LOT in regards to his attitude. If all this shit would have gone on in the 90s or even in 02, he would have taken off and canceled the show. But he battled through it, and I think that is a testament as to how much Axl wants this thing to work out, and hes not as bad as everyone seems to think he is.

Ehh I just used the first paragraph in my post on another forum. Hope you don't mind. Ace post btw.

If you think Axl picked them I think you are sadly mistaken. Also the fact that they are friends with David Grohl and GnR had some run ins with Nirvana I can see Axl telling them to fuck off.

Some bands pick the opening acts others don't it is that simple.

If you go to a NIN show be nice to the opening act as Reznor usually has hand picked the band and is a fan of theirs.

Other bands may have never even herd much or nothing of the opening band which I suspect was the case this time.

Axl does not want a fucking joke rock band out there mocking what he does for a living. I can see him getting fucking pissed. Bad call on managments side.

What they should do is just go to each local market. They got the Trews to open up for them in Canada and that went off really well they are a popular band in the area. They can find other bands like that to open for them as well.

If you think Axl picked them I think you are sadly mistaken. Also the fact that they are friends with David Grohl and GnR had some run ins with Nirvana I can see Axl telling them to fuck off.

Some bands pick the opening acts others don't it is that simple.

If you go to a NIN show be nice to the opening act as Reznor usually has hand picked the band and is a fan of theirs.

Other bands may have never even herd much or nothing of the opening band which I suspect was the case this time.

Axl does not want a fucking joke rock band out there mocking what he does for a living. I can see him getting fucking pissed. Bad call on managments side.

What they should do is just go to each local market. They got the Trews to open up for them in Canada and that went off really well they are a popular band in the area. They can find other bands like that to open for them as well.

So Axl had NOTHING to do with their being on the tour and had no say as to who opens for GNR?

Edited by Chris 55

I was at the show as well, and I agree with pretty much everything you said about the EODM. Besides the songs being pretty much the same musically, most of the lyrics were pretty simple. They also sounded just terrible last night, and were probably the worst band I've ever seen live. Everyone around me was booing during their set and shouting statements such as "You suck" and "Get off the stage" between their songs. I didn't participate in any of the booing, but I can't say I necessarily gave them a standing ovation after their set either.

Bach went on before the EODM and he sounded great last night. I'm not really familiar with any of his new songs, but he kept the crowd into the show through his entire set. In my opinion, "18 and Life" was probably the highlight of his set. He just flat-out nailed the song.

GN'R went on at almost exactly midnight. I would say the arena was probably 70-75% full from what I could tell. They put on a great show and the crowd was really into it. In my section, the crowd was standing nearly the entire time, the only exception was during Ron's solo. Like it's been said before, Axl did throw somebody out during Live and Let Die, and he did make that comment about the EODM. He also mentioned them again as Robin was playing the opening part to "Better." I couldn't tell exactly what he said, but it was something along the lines of "Well, you guys had to sit through the Pigeons of Shit Metal, but don't worry, it's going to get..." and then he started into the song. His earpiece was bothering him the entire show, with him even making a comment about it during the set. I forget the exact words but he described as something like "a garbage disposal grinding away in his ear over and over again." His also made a comment about the sound before "Patience" by saying that "this next song is something that I'm trying to have a little bit of tonight. But, it looks like I'm going to need a lot more of it than I thought." Even with all of these problems, the band and him put on a memorable, high-energy performance.

Though, the most impressing part of the night came after the band took their final bow. After they all left the stage, Axl came back by himself and thanked the crowd for bearing with him through all of the problems they had that night and said that he really appreciated their support. He also made a comment like "I had a pretty shitty day going so far, but it was really fun tonight." Then, he told everyone to have a safe trip home and wished them a good night again.

He did and I find it to be a total lack of class on Axl's part. I dont care if him OR the fans didnt like them, he should have a little more respect for a band opening for them. And the fans are fucking asshole's for booing them like that.

Axl should worry more about why he cant get a decent soundman rather than picking on some opening band, really shitty thing to do Axl.

I can garauntee if that band had said something like "you guys ready to see Guns N Posers??" This board would explode saying how fucked up it is.

HAHAHAHAHA! SO TRUE..

GUNS'N POSERS!

YOU WANT THE BEST!??, STRAIGHT OUT OF HOLLYWOOD... GUNS N POSERS!

i can just see the bottles flying.