-Ritz 87

-Ohama 91 I think has the Coma from the Japanese live era. :rofl-lol:

-Chicago 92

-Argentia 93 second night

-Pitsburgh 02

-Boston 02

-New York 02 final 02 tour show.

- God's Of Metal 06

-Toronto 06( I'm biased since I was there)

-Greece 06

-Rock AM Ring 06.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Love the Rock Am Ring also cus of their stage present that night, amasing.

especially November Rain, where Tommy makes this funny fave to Axl, then he starts laughing, and aigen just before the "encore" part of NR.

And Tommys laughing his ass off when Axl sings wrong in the first lines of Patience :lol:

"wait, wait, whats he singing?"

Love the Rock Am Ring also cus of their stage present that night, amasing.

especially November Rain, where Tommy makes this funny fave to Axl, then he starts laughing, and aigen just before the "encore" part of NR.

And Tommys laughing his ass off when Axl sings wrong in the first lines of Patience :lol:

"wait, wait, whats he singing?"

:lol:

I love the bit where he says "You metal god you...you metal godless you..godless man.....GODLESS MAN YOU!!!!"

Back on topic....

SAN DI-FUCKING-EGO 09.30.1992

stadium show, not a big setlist but an A+++ performance from my review. Every fucking song on this show rocked its ass off, my favourites being You Could Be Mine, Double Talkin' Jive and Sweet Child O' Mine. Best sounding Gn'R show of all time, faster, heavier and much more jam involved. Biggest thanks to Slash for his amazing wailing guitar jams and solo (Especially in DTJ, YCBM, SCOM and KOHD) and to Matt's ultraheavy drum configuration of the night and for keeping the drumming faster.

don't be kids (or maybe childish?)...

try at least (you people who say the best show is from the new gnr era) to watch some old 80s shows and compare the difference.

ritz 87 & 88 , both roxy 86 are maybe the best shows.

sorry for my english

up the guns!

exactly they need to look at the early days

Outta the two shows i saw, Glasgow was the best, I also believe it to be the best crowd GnR has played to since the old days. And just because it's a gig with the new guys does NOT mean for one minute that it couldn't be the best GnR show ever. I think the Ritz 88 is overrated as the "Perfect" GnR show, I love it all the same, i just think that Axl fucked up Rocket Queen by not singing half the words, and Paradise City really did not sound like the powerful blast of energy it usually does, plus Slash's guitar was slightly outta tune during the SCOM intro.... I know, I'm being a nit-picking bastard aren't i? :P but just pointing out the imperfections if you will allow me! The attitude was there allright, buckets of it, just sometimes the music lacked a little consistency. Glasgow was the best crowd i've ever seen and the band fed off that, therefore making it one hell of a show. All I've gotta say.

Judging of the youtube clips I´ve seen that show was FUCKING AMAZING! :o

anyone who says anything after 1993 is a noobie joke................ritz 88 was great but just because it was on MTV doesnt make it the best performance ever because every club show they were doing at that time had the same intensity............

I would say CBGB's acoustic show 1987 which was classic...and also the october 18, 1989 show opening for the stones......maybe not the "best show" but definitely the most bizarre and interesting show...of all the bootlegs i always listen to this one most

10.18.89 - Los Angeles Coliseum, Los Angeles, CA

opening for: The Rolling Stones

set: It's So Easy, Mr. Brownstone, Out Ta Get Me, Move To The City, Patience, My Michelle, Rocket Queen, Sweet Child O' Mine, Welcome To The Jungle, Knockin' On Heaven's Door, Paradise City

audio/video recording?: audio,

notes: Before the 1st song, Axl gives his famous 'One In A Million' speech. Before 'Mr. Brownstone,' Axl says that unless some people stop dancing with 'Mr. Brownstone,' these will be the last GN'R shows (referring to the opening dates for the Stones). Axl falls off the stage during 'Out Ta Get Me!,' later he says it was due to bad footwork...Axl announces before 'Paradise City' that he is quitting the band

If you ask me, I thought that the Ritz '88 show was perfect. The band were really on top form that night, and every song sounded awesome.

What's your personal favourite?

Agreed 100% rock3

Anybody who says anything greater than 1993 is a complete retard and should review some of the bootlegs from back in the day....

- Ritz 88 show. It was one of the rawest and best shows GNR ever gave. No explanation needed.

- Freddie Mercury tribute show. I get a huge rush everytime I watch the clip of Axl singing "Bohemian Rhapsody" with Elton John. I love watching Axl climb onto the speaker to belt out "So you think you can stone me and spit in my eye. So you think you can love me and leave me to die. Ohhh baby .." and then you see the entire crowd bouncing along to his words. I get chills everytime I see it .. Very cool.

- Ritz 88 show. It was one of the rawest and best shows GNR ever gave. No explanation needed.

- Freddie Mercury tribute show. I get a huge rush everytime I watch the clip of Axl singing "Bohemian Rhapsody" with Elton John. I love watching Axl climb onto the speaker to belt out "So you think you can stone me and spit in my eye. So you think you can love me and leave me to die. Ohhh baby .." and then you see the entire crowd bouncing along to his words. I get chills everytime I see it .. Very cool.

That's my favorite part too. :P

I watch that video all the time.

Absolutly amazing!