Eagles Of Death Metal Lash Out (Again)

wooocraig

I was there and Tommy definetely did NOT throw his bass down. Nothing of the sort happened. Pure lies. That said, I dont think EODM deserved such a shitty treatment. They werent great and a lot of their songs sounded the same but they werent "boo and kick off the tour worthy." Bullet For My Valentine, however, did when I saw them at Hammerstein.

i remember after the show other people had mentioned tommy throwing his bass and walking off, and that was before this statement was realized. just because you didnt see it doesnt mean it didnt happen.

Actually, Yes, it DOES mean it didn't happen. If he was at the show and witnessed every moment of the show and didn't see such a thing, then that's EXACTLY what it means.

Edited by rocketking

Axl threw Tommy's bass at him?!? I am shocked, I really am, Tommy and Axl had always been like best friends on stage, anyone who saw recent shows after this incident noticed anything different that was going on between those guys??? wow.. this is something I did not see coming [one of those few things]! I just hope that this won't end with an cancellation of the tour!!!

god, everything is so damn weird in this world... or really just the GN'R world

so this Tommy thing does not sound too good

If there is a grain of truth to any of this then that just confirms everything we already know to be true!! Axl Rose is a fucking thoughtless, shoot to kill ask questions later piece of garbage........self important............. sanctimonious prick!! This is the sort of shit...and I'm only scratching the fucking surface here....kind of behavior that makes people want to fucking quit working with that jerk!! I guanantee this tour will end in a ball of flames with mutiny on his head from the band!!! Anyone who disagrees with me is just plain and simple a fucking stupid asshole too!!! NO EXCUSES!!! If Axl Rose bitch slapped your own mother would you forgive him you AXL ROSE APOLOGISTS!!!! NO

Edited by welcometothespunkle

Eagles of DM didn't deserved to tour with Guns n' Roses. First of all, they are only a third-rate wanabee rock-band. Their music is lame, the singer's voice isn't good and for god's sake...that stupid name! Poor kiddies were scoked with Axl's attitude but that's the way a real rockstar here is so if you don't have the nerves (and the talent) don't act as if or stop pretending to be a musician/star!

EOD aren't fit for the job. That's all there is to it.

Is that all really? No there is something else.

Just read this:

Just like us back in the late Eighties, Eagles of Death Metal frontman Jesse Hughes was “one of those dumb kids who actually sought out the Robert Williams cover of Appetite for Destruction,” he says, alluding to the original robot-rape-scene illustration. “I just wasn’t satisfied with the skull and cross. I wanted the real deal.” So it was big news on November 15th when Hughes got a call asking if his Eagles would open for Guns n’ Roses on their U.S. arena tour, which runs through December. “It was like a sock to the jaw,” says Hughes. “This is huge! I hope I can make Axl proud.” Eagles part-timer Josh Homme will emerge from studio seclusion — he’s hammering away on a new Queens of the Stone Age record — to join his side project on a couple of dates, where they’ll bust out cuts from the Eagles’ Death by Sexy.

If you want to join Axl Rose on tour you have to respect him. Not like him, not praise him, not adore him, just RESPECT him, as you would respect any other person. Opening for Guns n' Roses is, successfull tour or not, an honor. And if my memory serves me well, and it does, Josh Homme disrespected Axl a few months ago, having very hard words about him.

And now the cunt wants to crash in the party and opens for Guns?

I think Jesse "My ass" Hughes and Josh "That Cunt" Homme simply lack the most important thing to tour with Axl.

I N T E G R I T Y

...and good rock.

right b/c chrome-rows and the sideshows are BEACONS of integrity.....

:rofl-lol:

I was there and Tommy definetely did NOT throw his bass down. Nothing of the sort happened. Pure lies. That said, I dont think EODM deserved such a shitty treatment. They werent great and a lot of their songs sounded the same but they werent "boo and kick off the tour worthy." Bullet For My Valentine, however, did when I saw them at Hammerstein.

i remember after the show other people had mentioned tommy throwing his bass and walking off, and that was before this statement was realized. just because you didnt see it doesnt mean it didnt happen.

Actually, Yes, it DOES mean it didn't happen. If he was at the show and witnessed every moment of the show and didn't see such a thing, then that's EXACTLY what it means.

well, unless the person who claims it didn't happen got to watch the show from every vantage point possible, including backstage, i would say it could have happened.

i've gotten to watch a lot of shows from backstage areas, and believe me there is tons of shit going on that you won't see, even if yer front row center.

tommy throwing his bass down "as soon" as axl said that on stage? you would have seen that.

however, if it happened during one of the solos or on a part of the stage that wasn't well lit, you wouldnt have seen it. i doubt that it happened excatly the way he said it, but then again i doubt the NME quoted him exactly the way it was said to them.

but, the real story that we know as fact is already good enough that the EODM guys don't need make anything up. tommy, robin, and ferrer are all friends with QOTSA/EODM. those guys are all closely connected through a ton of other musicians in LA. i seriously doubt that EODM would make shit up about a friend of theres (tommy). after all, if it wasn't true and axl read that, he would be pissed off to think that stinson went to EODM and lied about that shit, right? why would EODM fuck with their friends?

so i would say that something like that did happen, but between what actually happened, how the EODM guy's drunk ass saw it, how he told it to the NME, and how the NME reported it there are pieces missing.

I was at the Cleveland show as well. Like everyone who was at the show has been saying, the crowd never "warmed up" to the EODM. Right from the start of their set, you could tell the crowd really didn't care for them.

As for the Tommy throwing his bass, I don't recall seeing this and I didn't hear anybody from the crowd talking about this alleged accident during or after the show. Also, even if Tommy did throw his bass, it would have been impossible for Axl to "throw it back" at him as the story says, simply because Axl was up on the rise by the drums and keyboards when he made the comment while Tommy and the guitarists were down on the main part of the stage.

It would have also been hard for Axl to throw the bass back at Tommy the second time he made the Pigeons of Shit Metal comment because he made it as a little intro into "Better," which he started singing directly after the comment.

As for the backstage incident, I don't know if anybody on this board would be able to prove it true or false. But as for Tommy throwing his bass onstage, it went unnoticed by everyone in the arena if it did in fact happen.

Edited by ronaldo9

Guest Edward Rose

Bottom line, if Tommy threw his bass down out of anger, The EODM would have released THAT as their first public statement rather than the play on words thing. Sounds to me like an Axl-bashing web site lying for a band they prefer to support over Guns.

Eagles of DM didn't deserved to tour with Guns n' Roses. First of all, they are only a third-rate wanabee rock-band. Their music is lame, the singer's voice isn't good and for god's sake...that stupid name! Poor kiddies were scoked with Axl's attitude but that's the way a real rockstar here is so if you don't have the nerves (and the talent) don't act as if or stop pretending to be a musician/star!

RIGHT ON DUDE.....who gives a shit what they say at this point?..THEY SUCKED THAT NIGHT, AND THAT'S ALL IT IS TO IT!

......AXL was right calling them THE EAGLES OF SHIT METAL! ...because that's what they are! :lol:

It is a matter of time.

You all saw it.

I saw it.

Matter of time.

If you think that a reunion is not on the horizon for TONS of cash, you are NUTS.

A matter of time.

Yeah,Can't wait to see the "Old Gunners" of this forum switching sides sides wid the current line-up :rofl-lol: ,Keep Bumble Thou cus he's The Mr People Person of the band!!!

But anyhow,back to a serious view.... It wouldn't suprise me if this bust in the dressing room is true (No matter what BS Statement management release) is true cus The amont of Slash & Duff footage i've seen in the past where they mention that Axl wasn't very "Pleasant" to there close friends, shows major relation this this situation.....anyway fuck it,im sure its all a storm in a tea-cup :confused:

Edited by jimmy1981

he might have gone for a piss or something?

wow this stinson thing dont look so good ...

he might have gone for a piss or something?

the dude from EODM said it happened, and he prolly saw more than all the fans, so most likely, it happened. case closed

I wouldn't worry, he and Axl have had their little fall outs before, which is why I firmly believe that GnR is a band for all intensts and purposes. The week before the NY concert they both ended up telling each other to fuck off, They made it up, Tommy said he was having a great time and Axl said "You have no idea how much that meant!"

So there's not a chance he wasn't looking at Tommy at that moment? Ya sure?