Lets get stories straight

LiveWire315

Merck has a history of telling the truth and EODM have an interest in telling fibs and to be honest i don't care, like we ever know the truth :)

Sorry, I know you are a committed fan boy, but surely you cannot stand by that statement. It's ridiculous!

To quote Mercky Merck:

"2005 if the Year of Guns n' Roses"

"Buckethead has not quit Guns n' Roses"

Or his classic

"There are no American tanks in Baghdad"

Merck has a history of telling the truth and EODM have an interest in telling fibs and to be honest i don't care, like we ever know the truth :)

Sorry, I know you are a committed fan boy, but surely you cannot stand by that statement. It's ridiculous!

To quote Mercky Merck:

Or his classic

"The album will be out in 2006"

"the portland show was cancelled because the firemarshals were out to get us"

"No, Jarmo, I haven't been seeing other men, I promise"

"No honey, me and Jarmo are just friends, I promise"

A8R

To quote Mercky Merck:

Or his classic

I thought putting "thruth" in bold would be enough to indicate sarcasm but nevermind :)

Anyone who was at that show said nothing happened on stage betwee Axl and Tommy. But of course no one knows what happened offstage. :tongue2:

Exactly. I was at the show, I like I've said in numerous posts, nothing seemed wrong between the band while they were on stage. The first time Axl made the "Pigeons" comment, he was up on the riser by the drums and keyboards, while Tommy was down on the main part of the stage. With this fact, it wouldn't have gone unnoticed if Tommy did throw his bass up at Axl and Axl threw it back down at him. Also, Axl didn't say or make any gestures towards Tommy or any of the band members after he made the comment.

The second time Axl called them the "Pigeons" was as an intro to "Better." He started singing right away after the comment, leaving no room for him to yell at Tommy without the crowd hearing it, considering he was already singing into the microphone.

I can't really comment on the accusations that were made backstage because I wasn't there. However, I can say that I didn't notice any change in the band's chemistry (such as high tension after the comment) while they were on stage. Also, no one in the crowd seemed to sense anything wrong either. If something did happen on stage, I'm sure even if I didn't see it, the crowd would have reacted in a way that would make me realize something was going wrong on stage. That's what I witnessed during the show, and I'm sure anyone else at the show would agree with my comments.

Sorry, I know you are a committed fan boy, but surely you cannot stand by that statement. It's ridiculous! ...

*sigh* .. another attention-seeking Internet "tough guy." :rolleyes:

.. To quote Mercky Merck:

"2005 if the Year of Guns n' Roses" ..

Merck made that statement based on information he had at the time. I don't think anybody here honestly believes he made the statement knowing it was false. But circumstances change, incidents happens, and plans change sometimes. That's not his fault. Have you never made plans - and then something happened that caused the plans to change?

Yet, people like yourself keep bringing up this comment over and over again ad nauseum -- and then you wonder why the GNR camp doesn't give us more updates. :rolleyes:

.. "Buckethead has not quit Guns n' Roses"

This is untrue. He didn't say that. When I contacted him when the Buckethead rumors were flying around, he never denied it. He simply didn't respond. Clearly he knew he couldn't confirm the rumor at the time, and so he opted not to respond. But he's always been honest with us.

As for the Portland fire marshal situation - he chose his words extremely carefully. He never denied the cancellation was related to the liquor restrictions. He simply didn't elaborate on the restrictions that the fire marshal made that prompted the band to cancel the show.

Guest Edward Rose

If the Tommy thing happened, why wouldn't THAT have been the first public statement from eodm instead the stupid play on words thing? ;)

what if stinson is out of the band and thats why they canceled the last gig :P

I thought of that 2 days ago. It only takes about 4 days for a new bass player to learn 18 to 21 songs. It would also explain why Axl's voice sounded cherry at the last show before cancelling Milwaukee even though he had strep thoat.

Guess we'll find out in a few hours :)

I don't think the management takes the internet seriously yet. Sure, we're downloading motherfuckers, but the overanalyzing on these boards is just rediculous. Nobody at the concerts is this uptight and concerned, they just want to see a great rock band play their hearts out.

The bass story never happened. There's been DOZENS of reveiws. The only thing Tommy was pissed at that night was the SOUND GUY cuz his bass was lost in the mix.

Eagles got caught fibbing. End of story. There were thousands of witnesses, and not ONE of them back up what the Pigeons of Shit Metal are claiming.

And the funny part is, had the Pigeons kept their beaks shut, the court of public opinion would have judged them in the right, because Axl is a word-famous asshole. So they actually shot themselves in the foot with their little fiction.

To quote Mercky Merck:

Or his classic

"The album will be out in 2006"

"the portland show was cancelled because the firemarshals were out to get us"

"No, Jarmo, I haven't been seeing other men, I promise"

"No honey, me and Jarmo are just friends, I promise"

A8R

aaaaaahahahahahaaha

I was 15 feet from the stage and as I commented in my review, Tommy and Axl did seem to be having problems.

-After "live and Let Die" Tommy seemed to be acting like a spoiled bitch the rest of the night, and not in the adorable way Axl does it.

-He made no eye contact with Axl,

-never got into the show except when he seemed to be making a mockery of "November Rain",

-- when "Sweet Child O' Mine" came on the bass was heard but he wasn't seen until the first verse and Axl was clearly ticked about this,

-when Axl made the comment about why don't you just go home" to the soundguy Tommy stared straight at Axl thinking (as I did) that he was talking to him,

-and Tommy did not come out for the group bow at the end (Axl held it up for a moment looking around for him.

I was 15 feet from the stage and as I commented in my review, Tommy and Axl did seem to be having problems.

-After "live and Let Die" Tommy seemed to be acting like a spoiled bitch the rest of the night, and not in the adorable way Axl does it.

-He made no eye contact with Axl,

-never got into the show except when he seemed to be making a mockery of "November Rain",

-- when "Sweet Child O' Mine" came on the bass was heard but he wasn't seen until the first verse and Axl was clearly ticked about this,

-when Axl made the comment about why don't you just go home" to the soundguy Tommy stared straight at Axl thinking (as I did) that he was talking to him,

-and Tommy did not come out for the group bow at the end (Axl held it up for a moment looking around for him.

So in other words, all is not well in the land of AFD rehash.

I'm shocked.........

Some kid at heretoday joking : "OMG Axl just threw the mic stand at some kid in the crowd."

Beta's response : "Who are you? Where do you come from? You are a LIAR. You know that he did not do that and still posted this shit. You should not be in this site. We had a great show and you are trying to add something negative to it; not cool at all. I know where i would like to put the mic stand. Go look for something positive to do.

Beta"

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/i...?topic=40479.40

Wow... There's something going on... They are so furious now...

Edited by pepsicoca

Even if it was true, and Stinson left tomorrow, does it really matter? You guys act like he's on a GNR album. All Axl has to do is hire someone else, and the tour will continue like nothing ever happened.

Well wrong... Tommy and Axl are long-time friends, and most of all, he's a damn good bass player, has been in the band for, what, 9 years?

This band won't be the same at all if he goes... but no I don't think he's going anywhere...

Who cares if theyre long time friends? What the hell does that have to do with it? Going by that philosophy, better throw Beta on stage.

I never said he wasn't a good bass player, but his services aren't required to do these shows. Someone else could be propped up in his place and it wouldnt change a thing at these shows.

Yeah, he's been in the band for 9 years, and has nothing to show for it. Spend the majority of his life under a gag order while playing 80% AFD.

If the band can survive the departure of Buckethead, eyes wont even blink if/when Stinson goes.

Some kid at heretoday joking : "OMG Axl just threw the mic stand at some kid in the crowd."

Beta's response : "Who are you? Where do you come from? You are a LIAR. You know that he did not do that and still posted this shit. You should not be in this site. We had a great show and you are trying to add something negative to it; not cool at all. I know where i would like to put the mic stand. Go look for something positive to do.

Beta"

Wow... There's something going on... They are so furious now...

That kid just got banned by jarmo for saying that...

:o

Edited by pepsicoca