Is Axl's voice better or worse since the European tour?

Son Of A Gun

I 've been watching videos of the US shows and compared them to the European shows...does Axl seem to be singing much weaker? I've listened to the whole Inland Invasion show and he sounds a lot weaker, as well as every single Better, IRS, You Could Be Mine and Nightrain off the US tour that I 've seen on youtube. His rasp doesn't seem so present anymore and he seems to have partially or largely gone to the mickey mouse voice :( Is this really true? :no:

I 've been watching videos of the US shows and compared them to the European shows...does Axl seem to be singing much weaker? I've listened to the whole Inland Invasion show and he sounds a lot weaker, as well as every single Better, IRS, You Could Be Mine and Nightrain off the US tour that I 've seen on youtube. His rasp doesn't seem so present anymore and he seems to have partially or largely gone to the mickey mouse voice :( Is this really true? :no:

Sadly.. Yes..

KROQ sounded crap..

The sad truth is if Axl sounded like he does now when he was trying to get a record deal he'd be laughed out the door..

I can't listen to 99% of the new bands live shows! He just aint got the voice anymore.. A clear example of this is if you listen to his 'mic-pad mix' from Donnington! His voice is all over the place, in and out of keys! I was at Donnington too.. Thought he sounded good till I heard the recording!

A sad state of affairs :no:

Sadly.. Yes..

KROQ sounded crap..

The sad truth is if Axl sounded like he does now when he was trying to get a record deal he'd be laughed out the door..

I can't listen to 99% of the new bands live shows! He just aint got the voice anymore.. A clear example of this is if you listen to his 'mic-pad mix' from Donnington! His voice is all over the place, in and out of keys! I was at Donnington too.. Thought he sounded good till I heard the recording!

sounds like a fat gay ginger girl nowdays.......sadly!!

Sadly.. Yes..

KROQ sounded crap..

To be blunt piss poor!

Sadly.. Yes..

KROQ sounded crap..

To be blunt piss poor!

its probably the reason he has 3 guitarists playing nowdays, so he can hide his crappy voice with the 3 guitars. sounds like he's on helium most of the time, or a pre pubescent boy

Well....for the best let's hope that his voice sometime soon. *crosses fingers*

is it me or does this not make sense?

"for the best,lets hope that his voice sometime soon"....what sometime soon?

<_<

His voice is only gonna get worse!

Like his hair line! :no:

This is a LOL thread. Axl is singin much better now then in 2002, and hes voice hasnt change since europe. Have seen alot of videos from 06 tour in the states, and he sounds like he did when i saw him twice in Europe. Hes voice is very well, my biggest problem is he isnt moving like he did in 02 and a way to many solos.

Thats definatly GNR anno 06 biggest problem.

I think his voice is actually better, well on the European tour at least...no seriously. Listen to him on Nightrain or doing the long scream near the end of KOHD- he does that better than he ever did. The old Axl used to scream out the vocal with raw power, but the new Axl, from a technical perspective, is a more accomplished singer.

I think fitness is the key here. If he runs around the stage and gets out of breath he can't do the rasp as well and sings off-key. Standing still his voice can be spectacular.

I prefer seeing Axl run around and give alot of power from stage like in 02, insted of a boring show(like RIR5)were he nearly wasnt moving. At that show he looked like he was 66.

In my opinion he should move more , and sing weaker. Everybody can hear Axl singing great on a album. To see a band live, you want power. Look at the tacoma report from 02, thats what i call power.

At least they should drop some of the solos and especially the jams.

Well....for the best let's hope that his voice sometime soon. *crosses fingers*
is it me or does this not make sense?

"for the best,lets hope that his voice sometime soon"....what sometime soon?

<_<

His voice is only gonna get worse!

Like his hair line! :no:

seriously...wtf?

Edited by AS_Warlock

I think his voice is actually better, well on the European tour at least...no seriously. Listen to him on Nightrain or doing the long scream near the end of KOHD- he does that better than he ever did. The old Axl used to scream out the vocal with raw power, but the new Axl, from a technical perspective, is a more accomplished singer.

I think fitness is the key here. If he runs around the stage and gets out of breath he can't do the rasp as well and sings off-key. Standing still his voice can be spectacular.

Your actually all delusional!

Have you actually listened to his voice?

Don't get me wrong.. Axl used to be the greatest rock n' roll singer/front man of all time..

But now :confused:

If you compare his voice from 93' till now you'll notice it's quite a bit higher and I'm not talking about his range.. I'm talking about his tone! Speaking voice included! This is because at some time between 93' and now he has damaged the bass end of his vocal chords.. Hense the lack of control and weak quality to his voice.. and notable change in pitch!

Doubt it? Listen to Donnington or his recent 'Do you know where the fuck you are from the VMA's! All treble no base!

Don't get me wrong.. Axl used to be the greatest rock n' roll singer/front man of all time..

If you compare his voice from 93' till now you'll notice it's quite a bit higher and I'm not talking about his range.. I'm talking about his tone! Speaking voice included! This is because at some time between 93' and now he has damaged the bass end of his vocal chords.. Hense the lack of control and weak quality to his voice.. and notable change in pitch!

Doubt it? Listen to Donnington or his recent 'Do you know where the fuck you are from the VMA's! All treble no base!

There is many thing you can be critical to Guns N Roses(The painful solos, the setlist, no interview with Axl Rose, etc) But hes voice is great now. I dont say its as good as it was in 88-93, but very close to. When people nowadays are critical to Axls voice i can say one thing for sure-Go see a show!

since EVERY US bootleg is shit i cant tell except that KROQ was very weak..i thought donington was good..even thoughit was all over the place it was very raspy and hoarse kinda like in 1991....but if it ever goes back to the 02 high pitched mickey mouse voice its over

Edited by jaypayton

There is many thing you can be critical to Guns N Roses(The painful solos, the setlist, no interview with Axl Rose, etc) But hes voice is great now. I dont say its as good as it was in 88-93, but very close to. When people nowadays are critical to Axls voice i can say one thing for sure-Go see a show!

Been to 4.. Great shows, but his voice still sounded shit..

But when your there it doesn't matter.. I just hope he's spent these past fifteen years perfecting his vocals as well as the music!

Let's face it we'd be pleased Axl just stood on stage and ranted!

It's a sad existence..

But when your there it doesn't matter.. I just hope he's spent these past fifteen years perfecting his vocals as well as the music!

It's a sad existence..

http://youtube.com/watch?v=XXLC3zPt3uQ

If this sounds like shit i dont know a person who can sing well. Nobody can sing like Axl!

I saw inland invation, My Michelle sounded like 88 and Jungle is the best version by the newgnr so fare...

i cant understand none of you who say he cant sing, he couldnt in 02, but now hes awesome.

It's a sad existence..

If this sounds like shit i dont know a person who can sing well. Nobody can sing like Axl!

I saw inland invation, My Michelle sounded like 88 and Jungle is the best version by the newgnr so fare...

i cant understand none of you who say he cant sing, he couldnt in 02, but now hes awesome.

You keep telling yourself that!

It's a sad existence..

i guess you dont know anyone who can sing then!!! this does sound shit and it sounds REALLY shit compared to rose of old, its fucking rubbish, rich256 hit the nail on the head when he said there is no bass in his voice anymore

if his voice wasnt a problem, why is there so many fucking threads complaining about his voice

true his voice is better than in 02, but come on, in 02 his voice was an absolute joke

At last back to reality!!!! rock4

It's a sad existence..

This is when he could sing.. Look how easy it all is!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ToyUb7LgoE

At last back to reality!!!! rock4

It's a sad existence..

This is when he could sing.. Look how easy it all is!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ToyUb7LgoE

damn, that sounded good and looked sooo fucking easy

The thing with his voice it's still very powerful. It's just he get's out of breath when he runs around and stuff.

The reason his voice rocked so much through the European tour was he got the vocal restoration sugrgery and he was clearly seeing the therapist more often.

His voice is defintely still awesome but the European tour voice owned.

He's great on the record I think, Better sounds amazing. The problem I've noticed with Axl is that they don't seem to put compression or a limiter on his voice live, and that can make a hell of a difference. They might not put one on because Axl ranges from whispers to screams and can't find the right settings but it would certainly make his voice sound thicker and more "together" like it does on the record.