Eagles Of Death Metal Video Interview!

angry anderson

sorry if this has already been posted

"Then at four in the morning our tour manager gets a phone call which essentially amounted to, 'Axl's thought about it, he thought you guys were a band getting shoved on his tour from the label. He's really sorry and you're more than welcome to finish the tour.'

"When my manager told me that, I just said, 'You can tell that motherfucker to go and fuck himself because I will never go through that again.'"

http://www.chartattack.com/damn/2006/12/0103.cfm

Edited by angry anderson

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There's even a video released by Eagles of Death Metal about this affair : http://www.ifilm.com/video/2802098

Jesse Hughes is a complete dickhead. After watching that video how can anyone take this guy seriously?

Why heven't we read any reviews that mention this bass throwing incident? Maybe because he's full of shit.

I gotta say - as an outside observer Josh Hughes seems to be telling it pretty straight. Obviously theres gotta be an audience video somewhere if Tommy really did walk off stage and was gone for a few songs. He also said Axl fired a soundguy or two - which was LONG OVERDUE if true. I don't care if he was a "friend of 25 years" as that guy put it, there's been too many damn sound problems as of late. And with all that state-of-the-art, expensive mass of equipment I could see from the side at Worcester - there's no damn excuse for it.

I disagree about Velvet Revolver being a better band. Well, at least they ARE a real band - but they seem a little over the top with the "YEA - We're ROCK N' ROLL!!!" thing and a little formulatic, imo. Slash's playing isn't what it used to be (so far). And I saw them too in the same damn venue.

Quotes from the video :

"We had just come off a tour with Joan Jett, which is badass. She represents everything that rock n' roll stands for to me, and Axl Rose doesn't you know."

"If it's about firing the best aspects of your band, so they go and make a better band & call it Velvet Revolver, then fuck you."

"Sebastian Bach was a savage animal. It was more like 45 & on parole, then 18 & life."

"First he was Axl, then Paxil, then Waxil. I knew he (Axl) was crazy."

"Dude, the world does not rise & fall at the wims of Axl Rose."

"I kinda heard through the grapevine that his (Axls) vicious, obsessive hatred of Dave Grohl, and because we're friends, that ah, that's what led to this possibly."

"Being dissapproved of by Axl Rose is like winning a fucking award."

"Dave Grohl is my friend and I don't give a fuck who doesn't like him."

"I wouldn't put anything past the white Michael Jackson. I mean really he (Axl) is the caucausian Michael Jackson."

"He (Axl) had on these weird tight blue pants, that came up and his belly arched out, and his shirt was tailored tight in the arms so it looked like he looked slender, but tailored to go up over his belly, actually it was a sight to see man. It was bizzaire-oh man, really ironic."

"This was our omen that is was gonna be a weird tour. We're on the plane and the first thing he (Sebastian Bach) say to us: "Dude this tour is gonna be bad ass. Axl is singing better than ever." And I look at Davey and go is he trying to sell us something now or what the fuck? Axls singing better than ever? Yeah. Hows Slash doing? Oh yeah that's right he ain't in the band."

"Every second you feel like everyone wants to leave, and the only thing that's keeping them there is the money."

There's even a video released by Eagles of Death Metal about this affair : http://www.ifilm.com/video/2802098

Jesse Hughes is a complete dickhead. After watching that video how can anyone take this guy seriously?

Why heven't we read any reviews that mention this bass throwing incident? Maybe because he's full of shit.

He's at the studio, relaxed and laid back. He doesn't come off as a dickhead to me. Sure, he's talking shit about Axl but WHAT DO YOU EXPECT? I'm just saying it looks like there may be some truth to his claims that Axl was going apeshit. It looks like his band may have got caught in the cross-fire. It's not going to be hard to find out IF Axl really did fire people or if he and Tommy had a fight, we'll eventually see it.

Don't just read the quotes. Watch the video and put yourself in his shoes for one second. It's amazing he didn't talk more shit.

Edited by sphere79

The video can be found here:

Video

Some quotes from the video can be found here at Metal Sludge:

Quotes!

"We had just come off a tour with Joan Jett, which is badass. She represents everything that rock n' roll stands for to me, and Axl Rose doesn't you know."

"If it's about firing the best aspects of your band, so they go and make a better band & call it Velvet Revolver, then fuck you."

"Sebastian Bach was a savage animal. It was more like 45 & on parole, then 18 & life."

"First he was Axl, then Paxil, then Waxil. I knew he (Axl) was crazy."

"Dude, the world does not rise & fall at the wims of Axl Rose."

"I kinda heard through the grapevine that his (Axls) vicious, obsessive hatred of Dave Grohl, and because we're friends, that ah, that's what led to this possibly."

"Being dissapproved of by Axl Rose is like winning a fucking award."

"Dave Grohl is my friend and I don't give a fuck who doesn't like him."

"I wouldn't put anything past the white Michael Jackson. I mean really he (Axl) is the caucausian Michael Jackson."

"He (Axl) had on these weird tight blue pants, that came up and his belly arched out, and his shirt was tailored tight in the arms so it looked like he looked slender, but tailored to go up over his belly, actually it was a sight to see man. It was bizzaire-oh man, really ironic."

"This was our omen that is was gonna be a weird tour. We're on the plane and the first thing he (Sebastian Bach) say to us: "Dude this tour is gonna be bad ass. Axl is singing better than ever." And I look at Davey and go is he trying to sell us something now or what the fuck? Axls singing better than ever? Yeah. Hows Slash doing? Oh yeah that's right he ain't in the band."

"Every second you feel like everyone wants to leave, and the only thing that's keeping them there is the money."

What can we say? Dunno. :o

Edited by dickies

i am really getting sick with all of this...i was at the show, there was no throwing down of the bass, no walking off stage, eodm had their shot got booed off stage thats the end...honestly what did they expect?? the band name itself should have told us they would be bad...and now they are just living up the publicity

It's really friggin pathetic that there are this many topics dedicated to the POSM on a GNR board.

it's friggin pathetic that no one has called out the fact that the guy interviewing Jesse is aaron north, who is robin's replacement in NIN. Jesse metioned robin once in that video and you can tell that aaron wants to start sayin' shit. priceless.

EODM dude sees like he's tellin the truth about the whole thing to me. he has nothing to gain from lying, ya know...

I agree but let's be honnest: the money is probably a HUGE factor for them to still be around after so long with no album... it's obvious. Axl thinks he will create a "real" band with his million dollars... but you can't buy the magic and the chemistry of a real band (GNR 87-93 with SLASH and DUFF) with paychecks and contracts...

It's strictly business.

Edited by rockstar81

Again...

These Pigeons are getting too much publicity from this! :rolleyes:

agreed!

There are 4 topics regarding these morons just on the current page I can see and god knows how many more on previous pages. This crap couldn't be contained in 1 thread? This is starting to look more like a POSM board than it does a GNR one.