Brian May

Charles Manson

I was in central london today at waterstones (book shop), where Brian May was signing his new book 'Bang', which is a collaberation with Patrick Moore about the universe.

I hadn't spoken with Brian face to face in about 5 years. I use to know Anita Dobson (his wife) so I had met him quite a few times prior to today. To my surprise he remembered me and asked what I was doing. I told him about my producing job and music in general. And then the conversation went on to GnR.

I told him I heard he was going to play a few songs on the Hammersmith setlist earlier in the year but he said he was late to soundcheck. He said that Catcher in the rhye wasnt going to be played because "its been a while since I heard it, let alone played the bloody thing!"

I then asked him what he thought about the new line-up and he thought they were rocking, He felt that 3 guitars was a bit too much. He then said "if it works for Axl, then its going to work well!"

He said he was very upset that the old line-up wasnt together, and wouldve prefered them to the current line-up. But he then finished with " Axl knows what he is doing, and thats the only reasurrance I need."

Edited by Charles Manson

he is totally right about the 3 guitar players thing. It's a ridiculous idea, really.

Axl should drop bumblefoot (you know, the guy you always wonder why he is here) and let the Finck/Fortus duet shine. The 3 guitar players idea hurts the band's chemistry and credibility. It's not necessary.

Edited by rockstar81

he is totally right about the 3 guitar players thing. It's a ridiculous idea, really.

There just playing whats on the albums. which all happen to have 3 guitarists. Yet I dont ever see anyone complain about that...

B)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(mr.b @ Dec 7 2006, 01:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->

There just playing whats on the albums. which all happen to have 3 guitarists. Yet I dont ever see anyone complain about that...

add to that the fact that you have NO FUCKING IDEA what's on CD and how they're going to execute the songs and you have a completely baseless argument

really cool to here from mr may on the subject

Edited by bass71player

B)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(mr.b @ Dec 7 2006, 01:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->

I've seen tons of Rock shows, and when I saw the newGNR I though 3 guitar players were absolutely unecessary. It's superficial. It just doesn't work, it's too much. One guy starts a solo and then stops, and another guy continues the same solo...WTF? are 2 guys REALLY necessary to play the 1st nightrain solo? Let Fortus do it entirely! dawn it!

There are too many guitarists in this line-up, Bumblefoot isn't necessary, he is useless, really.

Edited by rockstar81

Axl should drop bumblefoot (you know, the guy you always wonder why he is here) and let the Finck/Fortus duet shine. The 3 guitar players idea hurts the band's chemistry and credibility. It's not necessary.

Agreed

Cheers for posting bro at the Hammersmith show he was sitting diagonally behind me next to Roger Taylor. I had better seats - front row, balcony, dead centre! :D

god, thats sweet, did you get their autographs/talk to them? what ever happen to John Deacon? i know he's retired from the music scene, but i havent heard anything about him for quite awhile now

Edited by RJ88

B)-->

QUOTE(mr.b @ Dec 7 2006, 01:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I've seen tons of Rock shows, and when I saw the newGNR I though 3 guitar players were absolutely unecessary. It's superficial. It just doesn't work, it's too much. One guy starts a solo and then stops, and another guy continues the same solo...WTF? are 2 guys REALLY necessary to play the 1st nightrain solo? Let Fortus do it entirely! dawn it!

There are too many guitarists in this line-up, Bumblefoot isn't necessary, he is useless, really.

I was in central london today at waterstones (book shop), where Brian May was signing his new book 'Bang', which is a collaberation with Patrick Moore about the universe.

I hadn't spoken with Brian face to face in about 5 years. I use to know Anita Dobson (his wife) so I had met him quite a few times prior to today. To my surprise he remembered me and asked what I was doing. I told him about my producing job and music in general. And then the conversation went on to GnR.

I told him I heard he was going to play a few songs on the Hammersmith setlist earlier in the year but he said he was late to soundcheck. He said that Catcher in the rhye wasnt going to be played because "its been a while since I heard it, let alone played the bloody thing!"

I then asked him what he thought about the new line-up and he thought they were rocking, He felt that 3 guitars was a bit too much. He then said "if it works for Axl, then its going to work well!"

He said he was very upset that the old line-up wasnt together, and wouldve prefered them to the current line-up. But he then finished with " Axl knows what he is doing, and thats the only reasurrance I need."

I like the way you chatted to a music legend and you talk about it so casually lol thats awesome man. I think Brians words can be trusted :) hes a good man....shame about the hair though.

Cheers for posting bro at the Hammersmith show he was sitting diagonally behind me next to Roger Taylor. I had better seats - front row, balcony, dead centre! :D

god, thats sweet, did you get their autographs/talk to them? what ever happen to John Deacon? i know he's retired from the music scene, but i havent heard anything about him for quite awhile now

Nah man I did niether. I was kinda thunderstruck by it, he's so tall. A few people surrounding him shook his hand but he was with an entourage of about 15 people. But because it's Brian May quite a few people stood up because he's a complete gentleman.

Also Elle MacPherson was sitting diagonally behind me on the otherside. She has an aura about her, I couldn't remember her name but that she was in friends and then my brother reminded me. When (essentially) Queen arrived though you knew the show was about to begin because they had clearly been backstage with Axl. So pretty much as he took his seat the lights went down and it all became about Axl Rose walking on stage wearing a fucking gold/suade jacket haha - Only one man can do that.

Who does this "Brian May" ASSHOLE think he is? Putting down Axl's choice for THREE GUITARISTS? Saying he wishes the old line-up was still together? THIS GUY IS AN AXL HATER!!! FUCK HIM! HE SHOULDN'T HAVE THE RIGHT TO CRITICIZE AXL!!!

Am I right? Gunzen, Matt13... back me up on this one.

Ha man, like that was even necessary :rolleyes: