BBC Radio1 Website

fred_carston

Well, great, coming soon could mean the 18th or 2008. This board will crash come Monday the 18th if CD is not in our hands. There will be 2,347 posts of "Fuck You Axl and Merck", but guess what? We will all still be here waiting, like we have done for years,and they know that.

actually more like 20-25 fu's from some people with very vapid lives, the rest of us will just go to shows.

hmmm.. i hope its true but come the 20th of december people will be even madder than they were on Nov 21st if it turns out to be false

Damn straight, cause then we all know all the statements and press releases were bullshit! It will be interesting to see what lies they make up to cover their asses in that case. GN´R is starting to look pathetic even to me at this point...

even you? holy shit, Axl better do something soon. :rolleyes:

If you didn´t get my point I could link you to my record collection and you could check out the GN´R part of it and maybe you´d see what I meant with the "even I" part.... :rolleyes:

i was just kidding cause of the way you worded it. :P

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You must forgive me as I've been out of the rap game since Tupac died. It seems to me it's just a bunch of talentless nig_ers rapping these days. Would Nas be stiff competition for GnR like Jay Z?

Yah, Tupac was the shit. I still listen to old school, i.e, NWA, Public Enemy, anything Wu Tang. I worked on a video with NAS back in 99. I am indifferent to his music. I do not think he would be the same competion as Jaz Z. No way....

I love the old school rap. I went and saw IceT a few months ago. It was a total nostalgia trip. Eazy E is my all time fave rapper. He reminds me of Axl in a way because so many people hated him. hooray for tolerance!z4life is still the best rap album ever in my opinion.

Edited by Randy Lahey

I find it interesting that BBC radio1 has this on its site. People over at HTGTH are speculating saying "why would just this station have the info and none others." But it is interesting that BBC radio1 is also the first place that Slither by VR was played. This is where the studio recording debuted. My source for this is Rik's site, plus I remember streaming it and listening to it back in 04. At any rate, I'm not from England, so I am not familiar with this station or its reliability, but maybe they do have first dibs on GN'R info or debuting a song. Do they debut songs frequently on this station?

Here's the link for the info about the Slither single. Just a coincidence I thought of. There's just as much chance as this being nothing. Take it for what its worth.

http://vr.belowempty.com/discography/index.php

I find it interesting that BBC radio1 has this on its site. People over at HTGTH are speculating saying "why would just this station have the info and none others." But it is interesting that BBC radio1 is also the first place that Slither by VR was played. This is where the studio recording debuted. My source for this is Rik's site, plus I remember streaming it and listening to it back in 04. At any rate, I'm not from England, so I am not familiar with this station or its reliability, but maybe they do have first dibs on GN'R info or debuting a song. Do they debut songs frequently on this station?

You're right, VR did debut Slither early, however we also need to keep in mind the gravity of the albums being compared. Contraband was just a normal album from a normal band, CD on the other hand, a different story. Although I hope as much as the rest of the GNR community that the BBC has some credible sourcing, I'm afraid this is just another dead end...

I see what you're saying. I guess what I'm asking is if BBC Radio 1 carries the kind of weight that would make it desirable to debut a track on it. I see how the albums are weighted differently, but really Contraband did weigh heavy for the band members, because it was their biggest chance of a comeback of sorts.

I emailed the general queries department and received this...

Hello,

Thanks for emailing us at BBC Radio 1.

We know a lot about music here, it''s what we do. however we don''t know

everything! Sadly, due to the massive amount of enquiries that we get at this

email address we''re unable to personally reply to everyone, but each email is

looked at and, if we can help, we will reply.

<_<

Monty

I see what you're saying. I guess what I'm asking is if BBC Radio 1 carries the kind of weight that would make it desirable to debut a track on it. I see how the albums are weighted differently, but really Contraband did weigh heavy for the band members, because it was their biggest chance of a comeback of sorts.

Er, it's probably the biggest station in the UK. And the BBC is about as reliable as you can get; it's the largest broadcasting corporation in the world:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bbc

Hah! Once again, the plucky Brits trump the Yankees! :D

SG

I emailed the general queries department and received this...
Hello,

Thanks for emailing us at BBC Radio 1.

We know a lot about music here, it''s what we do. however we don''t know

everything! Sadly, due to the massive amount of enquiries that we get at this

email address we''re unable to personally reply to everyone, but each email is

looked at and, if we can help, we will reply.

<_<

Monty

It's not that hard to find proper contacts with the aid of a quick Google search. Have a look at the bottom of this page, for instance...

http://www.plymouth.ac.uk/pages/view.asp?page=7666

Anyone fancy giving Maxine a call?

SG

http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio1/chart/newreleases.shtml

scroll to the bottom

dont know if this has been on here yet.

The above listing contains a selection of the records released in forthcoming weeks. Not all releases are featured. The page was compiled to the best of our knowledge on 04 Dec 2006.

All details are subject to change. Please check artist and record company official websites for the latest details.

Here's to 18th December ;)

Edited by dobadog

It's not that hard to find proper contacts with the aid of a quick Google search. Have a look at the bottom of this page, for instance...

SG

I'm in college just now so I could only email her.....and it appears its not even a valid email address, returns a delivery failure notice. Hopefully someone phones though :book:

Monty

SG

I'm in college just now so I could only email her.....and it appears its not even a valid email address, returns a delivery failure notice. Hopefully someone phones though :book:

Arse, looks like she's left the BBC. Still, I guess the phone number will still connect, if you just ask to speak to someone from the Radio 1 press office. And pretend you're calling from a magazine.

SG

Soooooooooo what next!!!! did anybody call yet?

You know what im gonna call them myself now, ill be back in a minute with a reply,.

i just called that number it was an answer machine for some one called sarah Conell who is out on a course all week. I left no message as to me it sounded like a private number rather then anything to do with Radio 1