Axl Rose Praise Thread

ChineseDemocracy

I have read probably about 10 topics in the last 10 minutes and they are all bashing Axl left and right, and it boggles my mind why Guns N' Roses 'fans' are bashing the main guy in the band. If you hate GNR so much, then why are you here and not on a Sesame Street message board?

So for this thread, I would love for all you Axl lovers to show some appreciation for the guy who puts up with all the haters shit, and plays by his own rules, the way Guns N' Roses should be, against authority.

Disclaimer : If you post negative shit about Axl, you agree that you are a complete douche bag.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you hate GNR so much, then why are you here and not on a Sesame Street message board?

Because there's no difference. No matter if Animal, a muppet from Sesame Street, is the drummer, or Brain is, it's still not GnR to most of us.

And by saying people who are posting negative stuff about Axl are douchebags, you're saying that you enjoy spending your tiem among douchebags. Well, take it any way you want it.

Edited by RNRS

If you hate GNR so much, then why are you here and not on a Sesame Street message board?

Because great artists can make stupid career moves. Because great artists can still treat fans like shit. Because Axl has enough people to feed his ego already. Because constructive criticism doesn't mean you hate the band, it means you're not blind or naive.

Axl is a great singer, an awesome frontman, and a top-class entertainer. He is one of the most interesting songwriters in rock. The gigs I've seen have all been hugely enjoyable. The fact that people still want C.D. is testament to what a compelling guy he is. He has managed to put together a great band.

There, that's my praise.

Edited by Elnombre

Because great artists can make stupid career moves. Because great artists can still treat fans like shit. Because Axl has enough people to feed his ego already. Because constructive criticism doesn't mean you hate the band, it means you're not blind or naive.

Axl is a great singer, an awesome frontman, and a top-class entertainer. He is one of the most interesting songwriters in rock. The gigs I've seen have all been hugely enjoyable. The fact that people still want C.D. is testament to what a compelling guy he is. He has managed to put together a great band.

There, that's my praise.

I like the way you put that.

I have read probably about 10 topics in the last 10 minutes and they are all bashing Axl left and right, and it boggles my mind why Guns N' Roses 'fans' are bashing the main guy in the band. If you hate GNR so much, then why are you here and not on a Sesame Street message board?

Wow, that Seasame Street comment was truly cutting. :rolleyes:

People are miffed at Axl because he said the record would be released this year, and it seems obvious to a lot of us that that isn't going to happen. Whether or not a person is tired of this bullshit has no bearing on their feelings about the music. It is actually possible to love the music and not be some kind of Stepford fan who would praise Axl if he took a dump on their pillow. Really, it is.

Disclaimer : If you post negative shit about Axl, you agree that you are a complete douche bag.

Again, you wound us with your words. :rofl-lol::rofl-lol::rofl-lol:

Edited by Angelica

Because there's no difference. No matter if Animal, a muppet from Sesame Street, is the drummer, or Brain is, it's still not GnR to most of us.

And by saying people who are posting negative stuff about Axl are douchebags, you're saying that you enjoy spending your tiem among douchebags. Well, take it any way you want it.

If it's not Gn'R to some people why the hell, would they post on a new GN'R message board? It make's no fucking sense.

It'd be like me posting on a VR board just because of Slash it's ridculious.

Music is Music a name doesn't define the band the memebers define the band.

I have been following GNR since the summer of 87 the first time I saw them live. Axl has always been my fav. have put up with alot of shit for being a GNR fan when it wasn't the cool thing to be. Axl has a presents that draws people to him good or bad. he can sing like nobody else, he also treats he fans like nobody should yet we stay.

We all want to hear the new music, see what he is going to do next. that's why we are still here. I'm frustrated but couldn't go if I wanted to. I waited this long and will continue to wait. there are other things in life than this album and maybe someday we'll see it. just enjoy what Axl has given and go on with life

If it's not Gn'R to some people why the hell, would they post on a new GN'R message board? It make's no fucking sense.

When last I checked, this was a forum for fans of GNR. That includes the folks who favor the old lineup, the folks who favor the new one, those who love both, etc.

Edited by Angelica

He's right..How DARE we badmouth Axl......Just because he fired Adler and fired Sorum and drove Izzy to quit and drove Duff to quit and drove Slash to quit its not his fault..Its Slash's fault for leaving poor Axl and abandoning him...........Just cuz Axl LIED about the release date of the album 100 times who are we to criticize...............Just cuz its taking 15 yeras to release a 12 song 45 minute album its not Axl fault.....I mean you guys ever try to make a records....Sometimes production can hold things up about 15 years...Axl is god..How dare we criticize him

So for this thread, I would love for all you Axl lovers to show some appreciation for the guy who puts up with all the haters shit, and plays by his own rules, the way Guns N' Roses should be, against authority.

You shouldn´t have started this topic,or atleast you shouldn´t have written the last sentence.This is a perfect excuse for the bashers to kidnap this topic with their negativity and their constant bashing.Also, the last sentence shows you´re playing the same game as them ;) ,don´t fall so low!

On topic: I´m not going to say anything that haven´t said yet. I´ve been a fan since I was a teenager,Axl has always been my favourite singer and that is never going to change. He´ll always be my favourite singer with or without Chinese Democracy. :heart:

Maybe people wouldn't be so hatefull around here if that mother fucking album would come out, management would stop bullshitting us, and they did the smallest simplest things like keep their website respectable and fucking let us know what going on instead of recluse into secrecy and then bitch about the rumores.

A8R

Critics and nutswingers alike, I think we can all agree on one thing... Chris Pitman fucking rocks.

Mango, your new signature is beautiful. Does Pitman really have such blue eyes, or is that computer enhancement?

Christopher made my sig and i think its the enhancement...

we're off-topic.

Axl is a big boy, I'm sure he can handle the criticsm. And if he can't, well too bad. He hasn't done anything to deserve any praise for about 15 years.

you mean besides the great 2 1/2 hours shows he has been giving? ignorance is bliss.

Honey, I went to see him this year; I wasn't overwhelmed. (although it was fun) He doesn't deserve praise for that. That's his job.

Edited by luvaxl4ever

Axl is a big boy, I'm sure he can handle the criticsm. And if he can't, well too bad. He hasn't done anything to deserve any praise for about 15 years.

you mean besides the great 2 1/2 hours shows he has been giving? ignorance is bliss.

shit, i forgot. bands shouldnt play the songs they wrote for live crowds....whoop d fuckin doo, he got his shit together so he can tour. thats what a fuckin band does

Honey, I went to see him this year; I wasn't overwhelmed. (although it was fun) He doesn't deserve praise for that. That's his job.

he is 44 and if you actually went to a show and cannot be positive about it , just get tthe fuck out of here. Cmon, go somewhere else, jesus. What the hell do you expect???

Dont tell me, you love Coldplay right? :sleeper:

dont know why you even tried Estranged?

Edited by Gunzen

he is 44 and if you actually went to a show and cannot be positive about it , just get tthe fuck out of here. Cmon, go somewhere else, jesus. What the hell do you expect???

Dont tell me, you love Coldplay right? :sleeper:

SO what he's 44? Steven Tyler is in his 50s, Mick Jagger in his 60s, and they are touring also. I don't need to shower them with praise too do I for doing their job? How wasn't I positive? I said it was fun, I just don't feel the need to kiss anyone's ass.

I have no idea who Coldplay is, so what's your point about that?

Edited by luvaxl4ever

Steven Tyler is in his 50s, Mick Jagger in his 60s, and they are touring also. I don't need to shower them with praise too do I for doing their job? How wasn't I positive? I said it was fun, I just don't feel the need to kiss anyone's ass.

I am middle aged and I think it is pretty impressive what they all do, good point about Mick etc. They are also still writing/improving music, and I think that is worthy of some praise, just like if you made a valid point I would preise you, but you havent yet, so keep trying and bitching and complaining and "not being overwhelmed" cause noone cares.

And before you post noone cares what I think, you are right, but I am not the one being negative. It is just so old, that negative shit. Jesus, estranged was trying to be positive and you just cant let him without saying something negatice. Life is to short to be so damn negative, once in a while just think positive, it will help, trust me. rock3

he is 44 and if you actually went to a show and cannot be positive about it , just get tthe fuck out of here.

Yeah! Anyone who doesn't share your opinions should totally fuck off!

Jesus... :rolleyes:

actually anyone who went and saw the show, then read a thread about a guy who just wanted some positive feedback, and STILL had to be negative, just for the sake of being a prick really should leave the thread (which is what i meant) the purpose was to be positive, butall you 'negs' just cant let anyone feel good about the band, your just a bunch of haters. Too bad really, cause the band is doing well, whether you want them too or not rock1

Edited by Gunzen

actually anyone who went and saw the show, then read a thread about a guy who just wanted some positive feedback, and STILL had to be negative, just for the sake of being a prick really should leave the thread (which is what i meant) the purpose was to be positive, butall you 'negs' just cant let anyone feel good about the band, your just a bunch of haters. Too bad really, cause the band is doing well, whether you want them too or not rock1

She expressed an honest opinion, and one that was mixed, not negative. But that's not allowed, right? Either you swing from Axl's nuts, or you're a hater. That's just ridiculous, IMO.