I give up...I accept the new band

Slash66

Slash or no Slash, Axl Rose is the shit.

I was at the Winnipeg show and it was the best show I've ever been to. The new gunners are fucking fantastic...all of them. Slash is fantastic to, and if he rejoined that would be great...but if that never happens...well so be it.

To me a band needs two things...

1) Stage performance - all of them have to play like mofo's and look awesome doing it.

2) Material - we all know the bands new material is fucking awesome...

TWAT, Better, Madagascar, The Blues, & Catcher in the Rye. I'm satisfied.

I'm satisfied.

Although a part of me wishes Slash was playing with Axl, I'm beginning to care less.

/bow to Axl Rose.

Sign me up.

I was at the Winnipeg show and it was the best show I've ever been to. The new gunners are fucking fantastic...all of them. Slash is fantastic to, and if he rejoined that would be great...but if that never happens...well so be it.

1) Stage performance - all of them have to play like mofo's and look awesome doing it.

I'm satisfied.

Although a part of me wishes Slash was playing with Axl, I'm beginning to care less.

/bow to Axl Rose.

Sign me up.

damn I wish I could put it that well. That is exactly how I feel, I just cannot conjure up the negative, great post. You are not the only one who feels this way.

I think when you see them live it changes your view on the band.

I accepted these guys 100% when I saw them live too.

yeah, I was a bit frustrated when my 2002 show at arco was canceled, but once I saw em again, I was over and on board, see ya weds and friday rock1

I'm satisfied.

/bow to Axl Rose.

Sign me up.

I think that you are still excited. Take a few days and come back to reality.

Its weird, for me its the exact opposite. In 99 i was so excited about the new band, same in 01, 02. And when i saw them in 02 i thought it was the best concert id ever been to, still do. But i think axls left it so late now, that he'll always hav to perform so much old material, coz thats what the average punter wants, and if hes doin that then id rather the old band play those songs.

Yeah sometimes you finding yourself caring more than Izzy cares which is funny. You're right after I hear leaks I was relieved and sort of happy that more good stuff could come out at some point.

Anyone following nouveau GNR's progress is sort getting a lesson in how much work you need to do to get a hit record. Whether it's AFd or CD - you know it takes about 10 years of songwriting and touring to get close to enough promotion and have the right record at the right time - it's a ton of work to do it right.

Edited by wasted

I will "fully" accept this band when they return with 2 guitar players like a real band.

I'd like to see the Finck/Fortus duet on guitar - no 3rd guy.

what you got against Ron? :blink:

and do you hate Iron Maiden for having three guitarists?

No,for Bruce Dick.in.son.

:D

I'm satisfied.

/bow to Axl Rose.

Sign me up.

Good glad to hear it don't think there are many people who don't accept em now B)