I give up...I accept the new band

Slash66

and do you hate Iron Maiden for having three guitarists?

Nobody ever, anywhere, hates Iron Maiden.

I hate Iron Maiden, and I will continue to hate Iron Maiden until they kick out Dave Murray and come back with two guitarrists like a real band.

No you don't. Neither do you Rev...

I hate Iron Maiden, and I will continue to hate Iron Maiden until they kick out Dave Murray and come back with two guitarrists like a real band.

since u said it....

The band is for people with taste in Star Wars and other wierd stuff....

since u said it....

not really, but nice try.

Actually, I do like Iron Maiden. They are my favorite band along with GnR and Metallica. But I must say that their visuals and their artwork is juvenile. 'Eddie the Head' is cool when you're 12 years old, but Maiden's music is too sophisticated and deep to be reduced to a comic book zombie.

Maiden makes good music.

But its getting kinda annoyrin that theyr trying to learn us hitsory lisson with every second tune.

As fare as im concernd that has nothing to do with rock n' roll :P

Yeah, apparently they should be using their music to give their fans spelling lessons. :P

Edited by flabby phallus

I'm not a fan of Iron Maiden either, but it's got nothing to do with the number of guitarists in the band, I think I just missed the era that made them special, nowadays I hear their songs, and although I recognize them as "classics", I can't say I enjoy them more than a lot of other music.

Regarding the new guns, I hate to say it, but I'm not sure that Axl should have hired Ron after buckethead left... nothing personal against Ron, he's an amazing guitar player, not to mention one of the nicest, most genuine guys around, that's why I'd like to see his talent showcased in a venue where it can really shine. I really like his music, and as a fellow guitarist, I admire his talent a hell of a lot, I'm just not sure that his style is right for guns.

I also feel that Fortus' talent is being waaaaay underused. I think the band could be a lot tighter with two guitarists, and I'd love to hear Fortus take a lot more of the technically demanding leads, he definitely has the skill. I think if he had a stronger/more interesting image, I'd want to see him as lead guitar for sure. I've never been all that impressed by Robin's playing, but he's got a lot of character that goes a long way on stage, and apparently he writes pretty good songs too (better rock4)

Just my 2 cents.

Maiden makes good music.

But its getting kinda annoyrin that theyr trying to learn us hitsory lisson with every second tune.

As fare as im concernd that has nothing to do with rock n' roll :P

Yeah, apparently they should be using their music to give their fans spelling lessons. :P

That's their prog influence coming thru, prog bands tend to have brainy subject matter in their lyrics...

Although, it's not exactly from a pro-religion point of view.

It's neither pro nor against religion. It merely observes what happens and what thoughts actual soldiers had. Nicko mcbrain the drummer is actually a christian.

People who cannot accept maiden simply have no taste in music. Listen to the songs are you will see their musicianship, it's not a fashion statement it's a bleedin group. And it may interest you all to know if it were not for maiden, axl wouldnt be able to afford to finish chinese democracy as the group "sanctuary" was founded for Iron maiden and named after their song.

Edited by steveysham

Slash or no Slash, Axl Rose is the shit.

I was at the Winnipeg show and it was the best show I've ever been to. The new gunners are fucking fantastic...all of them. Slash is fantastic to, and if he rejoined that would be great...but if that never happens...well so be it.

To me a band needs two things...

1) Stage performance - all of them have to play like mofo's and look awesome doing it.

2) Material - we all know the bands new material is fucking awesome...

TWAT, Better, Madagascar, The Blues, & Catcher in the Rye. I'm satisfied.

I'm satisfied.

Although a part of me wishes Slash was playing with Axl, I'm beginning to care less.

/bow to Axl Rose.

Sign me up.

I was at that show also and I feel exactly the same way you do :)

since u said it....

Since when has Star Wars, the highest grossing movie franchise of all time, been considered weird!

Edited by Opax