The Total Facts About The Release Is Here.....

AxlKnows

In addition to the Korn party and the 13 Tuesdays bullshit, everyone seems to forget that Axl said it to John Norris at the VMA's as well. That was just a few months ago folks. Norris said something like "Now for the big question...Chinese Democracy, when will we see it?" and Axl said "THIS YEAR."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gqKKo8QEqaU

Edited by Old School

damn man, excellent post, but so damn heartbreaking! :(:o

and Merck had all of us fooled with his little joke about the tuesdays thing.. it took a life of its own, there's people still thinking it can come out one of this tuesdays.. i wonder if he really is aware of the harm he did with that stupid joke :angry:

Very excellent post, and yes it is heartbreaking and Merck...oh boy...I've seen better heads on pints of beer. He knows the harm but could obviously care less. Bottom line, Chinese Democracy only exists in the fourth dimension. ;)

This album is gonna be a big disappointment. What I don't understand is how could Axl drop making songs like You Could Be Mine, Sweet Child O' Mine, Welcome To The Jungle, Paradise City, It's So Easy, Coma, Locomotive and all that, to pave way for songs like IRS or Better. We all know the world would have loved to see another few albums with songs like on AFD and UYI.

You know what?

I really don't care anymore.

There used to be a time that I got really aggravated when I found out that CD wasn't comin' up in that year but nowadays I really don't care anymore.

Even because I've finally seen them live and I know that they rock like no other band can rock these days.

But it's just that I feel tired of being angry.

In fact I still get angry occasionally when I hear people sayin' "oooh this is real music" when they hear lame rock bands or hip-hop or shit like that 'cause they don't have a fuckin' clue of what music is.

They say that because they want to look fashionable.

No way they'll say that hard rock is cool if hard rock is not fashionable.

That would do bad to their reputation.

So now I feel ready to wait like more 10 years for a new cd as long as it comes out before I die :P.

And don't you guys stress out too much about this.

Even because I get the feeling that this time Axl really wanted it to come out.

I say it has something to do with legal issues but of course I could be wrong and after all Axl could be a bitch and he just doesn't want us to hear is music yet :P.

Cheers

I'm hoping for a July 2007 release. When that comes and goes with nothing, I'll give up for good. I'll always love the music Axl has given us, but i can't continue to support his tribute band(until they put out an album, that's exactly what they are!). If he wants to keep doing the nostalgia thing, he might as well do it with the people that helped create the music: Izzy, Slash,Duff, & co.

I'm really thinking the leaks were done to gouge interest in the band, and get things rolling for the tour.

If Axl would have come out and toured again and said " nope, the cd still isn't coming any time soon" he may have had worse ticket sales than 2002. By saying "it's this year" he got everyone in a frenzy, all excited and shit, and we were VERY eager to shell out some serious cash for concert tickets and merchandise. I think it was a very shitty thing to do. You don't go out saying you have an album coming out and making comments like " definately this year, fall or late fall" unless you're positive it's gonna happen. Factor in Merck's comments ( 10 tuesdays) and that's like 5 times this year they went on record saying it's coming out in 2006.

I'm just interested in seeing if any more tour dates get announced after the January shows, or will Axl go back to his Malibu mansion and hide out for a few more years only to repeat this whole thing again in 2009 or 2010?

I'm not counting on any kind of statement about why the cd isn't out, or when it will be out. I expect that IF we do get a statement, they'll just try to shift the blame somewhere else, or it'll be full of half truths and vague comments.

This album is gonna be a big disappointment. What I don't understand is how could Axl drop making songs like You Could Be Mine, Sweet Child O' Mine, Welcome To The Jungle, Paradise City, It's So Easy, Coma, Locomotive and all that, to pave way for songs like IRS or Better. We all know the world would have loved to see another few albums with songs like on AFD and UYI.

The problem is that Axl wasn't the sole creative force behind all those songs. So without Izzy and Slash the product is going to sound different, because of the input of different people.

Well i'm glad everyone else is starting to accept it.. Axl is doing this for your money and your money only... there is no album and he doesnt care about us fans... he knows he makes most of his money at shows, and there for releasing an album wont put much money in his pocket, not like doing shows... so aslong as he can keep us hanging, he doesnt need to release an album.. until we stop showing up at the shows...

Well i'm glad everyone else is starting to accept it.. Axl is doing this for your money and your money only... there is no album and he doesnt care about us fans... he knows he makes most of his money at shows, and there for releasing an album wont put much money in his pocket, not like doing shows... so aslong as he can keep us hanging, he doesnt need to release an album.. until we stop showing up at the shows...

Fuck, you pay for a concert to get a concert, not to guarantee that an album will come out. When you buy an album, that doesn't give you a ticket to a concert. If you want to see GnR live, it has nothing to do with their release of an album. Nothing is owed to you for your money except a show. So STFU about it.