Fresno show is CANCELLED!

Subtle Signs

looking foward to the new headline on gunsnroses.com

:laugh: Same here....the only thing that could make all VERY ALRIGHT is...."CHINESE DEMOCRACY OUT NEXT WEEK, PREPARING TO APPEAR ON THE TONIGHT SHOW WITH JAY LENO. WILL PLAY FOR A CROWD OF 1,000 PEOPLE. WILL PREVIEW 3 NEW SONGS FROM THE ALBUM " , yeah That's the only way. :book:

Kannon.

wake up <_< from your dream ...

Maybe we should all fall asleep. -_-

Kannon.

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the tour is over...

Axl is pissed off cause CD won't be released due to legal issues.. it's probably trouble reaching agreements with musicians that play on the songs... maybe Buckethead is suing...

Come back when you have a single shred of evidence to back any of it up. It's all just excuses.

Axl is pissed off cause CD won't be released due to legal issues.. it's probably trouble reaching agreements with musicians that play on the songs... maybe Buckethead is suing...

Axl is pissed off that people aren't all on board with his program. Attendence is dipping, the media has turned antagonistic, and the bloom is off the 06 Axl Rose as far as most people go.

What he won't acknowledge is that this has happened because he has promised Chinese Democracy and not delivered.

It's not rocket science.

There is no record company conspiracy. There is only Axl.

A freind of mine told me that the ticket sales were poor.

I am not surprised, this area of California, while a HUGE city is exptremely agricultural. Rock and Roll is not on the map there. I dont live in Fresno, I am actually closer to Yosemite, but when I am at school at State noone mentionsed it, there was no buzz and noone really even knew/cared. I think this was doomed from the start and expecting people to buy tickets to a concert at these prices two weeks from Chistmas is a disaster.

I knew it was only a matter of minutes before we blamed it on another "soft" market. Regardless, if you book a show there, you SHOULD play.

Given these cancellations being so spotty and GNR giving the brief Fresno cancellation notice while also shouting out "We'll see you in Oakland on Friday", it' does reek of slow ticket sales.

Remember back in the mid-80's(pre-AFD) how everyone said Axl would perform like a maniac in front of only a few people in a bar like he was in front of thousands... :(

Edited by Turn_It_Up

Axl is pissed off that people aren't all on board with his program. Attendence is dipping, the media has turned antagonistic, and the bloom is off the 06 Axl Rose as far as most people go.

What he won't acknowledge is that this has happened because he has promised Chinese Democracy and not delivered.

It's not rocket science.

There is no record company conspiracy. There is only Axl.

i agree, this sucks, most likely won't even make asia or australia! whats new, you can only lie or be a dick to the same people so many times!, wheres matt now?

Come back when you have a single shred of evidence to back any of it up. It's all just excuses.

dude I'm just guessing

just like people guess CD will come out next tuesday... the only difference is that my guess more likely to be true...

On CD.com they are saying it's illness.

Is this true?:question:

It is true. The ticketbuyers in Fresno are feeling ill.

Bad case of Axlitis going around in small markets. Hopefully they get it quarantined before it spreads to larger cities like the plague.

Only Dr. Pittman can save us now!!!!

Edited by Turn_It_Up

On CD.com they are saying it's illness.

Is this true?:question:

It is true. The ticketbuyers in Fresno are feeling ill.

Bad case of Axlitis going around in small markets. Hopefully they get it quarantined before it spreads to larger cities like the plague...

It is illness. Axl got a case of frostbite because it was so cold in Fresno, didn't you hear?

All the cancellations were because of poor ticket sales period.....

this guy clearly doesnt know what he's talkin bout cause milwaukee was a packed show and it was cancelled...however in this case i have been watchin the ticket sales for this show and it has been extremely low for an arena...so i definitely think it is the case of low ticket sales...

you are right, I think he should have....I just dont think the tour is cancelled. That is all I am saying, I had a huge night planned, it sucks, but you hace to see this arena, it is HUGE it would look rediculous, maybe that is why?

It doesn't matter how big or small the place is -- the man put tickets on sale for his band to play. Folks, like you Gunzen, bought them. That is a contract that he broke. He OWED YOU a concert. To all the folks that say Axl doesn't owe anybody anything, WRONG. People paid money. He didn't live up to his end. He owed these folks in Fresno a show.

You've been a big supporter of Axl on this board even in the face of folks slamming the current situation, Gunzen; just curious -- does this change your opinion of the situation and of Axl? ( I admit, a lot of my frustration comes from getting screwed over after buying tickets to the 2002 L.A. show that never happened ).

Edited by GabrielsChains

I didnt say that was the reason (cold) I think that may have contributed to it, i.e small crowd, HUGE venue, rain storms. I mean there will be next to no walk up crowd if the weather blows. Not good parking situation there.

I think he should have played too, I just dont think the tour is over. At least I hope not, I got tix Friday night, and I got a long drive infront of me for that one. I have faith, he will be there.

[

You've been a big supporter of Axl on this board even in the face of folks slamming the current situation, Gunzen; just curious -- does this change your opinion of the situation and of Axl? ( I admit, a lot of my frustration comes from getting screwed over after buying tickets to the 2002 L.A. show that never happened ).

Okay, I have posted pix on his forum of My 2002 Arco Arena tix from that cancelled show on Dec 30, 2002. I got screwed on that one too.

You want my answer, it sucks. I think everyone who said he should have gutted it out is right. I am strong supporter of this band, but they did drop the ball here assuming we are guessing right. And that is yet to be decided.

As fas as my opinon, nope, cause when I bought the tickets to the 9/21 show in SF there was a two hour delay getting in, and we didnt know then until we saw him if he was gonna be there for that. I just dont expect shit, I pay the money, if he shows up, great! rock3 If not, I say "shit" and realize that I am dealing with Axl Rose. I wouldnt depend on him to give me a ride to the airport. He has proven that.

So I just dont expect anything. So , my opinon hasnt changed, and I still support him, but he fucked up here probobly, and I just feel bad for people whose only chance to see GNR was tomorrow night

Fair enough?

Edited by Gunzen

[

Okay, I have posted pix on his forum of My 2002 Arco Arena tix from that cancelled show on Dec 30, 2002. I got screwed on that one too.

You want my answer, it sucks. I think everyone who said he should have gutted it out is right. I am strong supporter of this band, but they did drop the ball here assuming we are guessing right. And that is yet to be decided.

As fas as my opinon, nope, cause when I bought the tickets to the 9/21 show in SF there was a two hour delay getting in, and we didnt know then until we saw him if he was gonna be there for that. I just dont expect shit, I pay the money, if he shows up, great! rock3 If not, I say "shit" and realize that I am dealing with Axl Rose. I wouldnt depend on him to give me aride to the airport. He has proven that.

So I just dont expect anything. So , my opinon hasnt changed, and I still suppot him, but he fucked up here probobly, and I just feel bad for people whose only chance to see GNR was tonight.

Fair enough?

Great answer man - I wasn't looking to stir shit; was actually just curious.

I had the same experience myself 5/12 at Hammerstein. The entire delay getting in, we were just wondering, "is the guy really gonna show?" And when he did, it was fucking amazing. One of the best shows I've seen.

But that's before all this other b.s., and the conclusions I've drawn from it -- what sucks is that I'm too pissed off now to even enjoy seeing them anymore; I declined tickets to the L.A. show on Sunday because I felt like I'd be letting myself get conned again, you know?

It actually really bums me out. Thanks for taking the time to answer, G.

I hit the show in Portland last night, and Axl's voice was as blown as anything I've ever heard. It was painful to listen too...really. Horrible. Not trying to dis, it is just how it was. Nobody I know thought it sounded good...not one. He soldiered on nonetheless instead of ending the show and numerous times went back for tea and honey or whatever I imagine. He was a sick and did some cancellations a week or so ago, and I think the couple shows he did before Portland destroyed/inflamed his throat and vox again.

There is no big conspiracy from the record company. The Rose Garden in Portland has capaciy of 19,000 for the Blazers, so with floor space it would be 20,000. I would say maybe 7,000 people were there and he still sang/screamed/howled his way through the performance instead of cancelling due to poor ticket sales. He probably just have very little voice left making singing a very tough thing to do and is hoping to have it back by the end of the week.

It's no secret Axl blows his voice out a lot...look at what he sings. Take it for what it is. He isn't trying to offend anyone, but it is all he can give and do sometimes, so don't slag the man down for it, and don't read into it more than what it is.

rock1

Edited by DonaldDuck7677