What is your best 2006 moment?

Montrealer

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Without doubt, the first Wembley show when they played the Stones, Beatles and Rod Stewart tracks.

Me and my pal were there and we were thinking "hell this is just like the show a month before at the Hammersmith Apollo" (of course we knew it would be the same but you kinda hope it won't be).

We were pretty cheesed off with it until they played those tracks. Out of the 3 shows I have seen this year, that was the best because of that.

Edited by Towserhead

-First Axl public appearence since 4 years at the Korn party

-The leaks

-Eddie Trunk Show

-Rock in Rio (spend the night awake, watching it via live stream with my best friend).

-being lied at, that we'll hear CD this year... The time I believed in this lie was great!

the best part for me was the leaks ..i dident come on the boards then however i always did search for chinese democracy and could never find any new stuff..then one night late at night i remember downloading better ,like 1 minute of it .i was so pumped i woke my wife up and was like oh my god listen to this u have to hear this ,i remember her all tired and lookin at me and saying''ur an asshole u woke me up for this'' it was like magic to me ,i couldent and will never understand why she wasent as pumped as me lol..so ya those first few moments of better and dancing around the house in excitment were tops ..

Damn now thats some funny shit- it sounds JUST like my house !!!

1. Baltimore show

2. Greensboro show

3. TWAT

4. Better

and the great laughs I get from here

Listening to Axl live on the Eddie Trunk show,announcing that the cd was coming out in late Fall...that was amazingly exciting!!

What a rush!!...felt good to hear it come right from the man himself!

Agree, to actually hear the man after all those bloody years of silence.... Amazing.

Rock in Rio, finaly a live show of the boys that everybody could see...

Oslo summer of 06... mindblowing :wub:

BETTER... I.R.S...T.W.A.T...C.I.T.R..... My heart almost stop that night....

Next.... CHINESE DEMOCRACY...... :laugh:

Dec 1st in Ames... oh wait Dec 2nd in Ames since they came on at 12:30. I was so fucking pumped up when the first notes of WTJ hit, unreal.

The leaks of course, staying up late for many nights so that I didn't miss a possible leak. Those days were just great.

Oh christ what a year it's been. In no particular order:

1) The grin that spread right across my face when 'Better' had leaked and the song kicked in. I'll never forget that.

2) Hammersmith Apollo, when the lights went down and the camera flashes were lighting up the stage showing Axl fucking Rose standing at the side getting handed his microphone ready to walk on stage... The first notes of 'Welcome to the Jungle'. Fuck!

3) Going to the Glasgow show with all my friends. Having a great day in the pub then all the waiting paid off when Izzy came out on stage with Guns.

With or without a new record it's been a great great year!

This was a great year for GNR fans (well, those able to go to see them live). Several highlites:

1) NYC, Hammerstein - May 17th.

- Great trip overall, drove my car from Toronto to NYC, sun came out as soons as I got to NYC. Put the roof down on my car and drove down Times Square. Having a great dinner at the revolving restaurant in Times Square, followed up by an amazing performance by GNR. Being blown away seeing Izzy come up on stage; Kid Rock was a cool surprise even though I'm not much of a fan. Got shitfaced at the show. Went with a girl I was seeing at the time (it was her first concert ever and never been to NYC) so it was a fun weekend overall.

2) Paris, Bercy - June 20th

- Met my friend in Paris four days earlier. We stayed four days in Paris so we could catch GNR at Bercy (then spent 2 weeks in Spain). Was able to see how the band was getting better, Axl sounded stronger than he did in NYC. Got to hear Use to Love Her which was great. Realized my fantasy of seeing GNR in Paris after watching the PPV special dozens of times (Still remember Axl saying, "Paris France, and the rest of the people at home watching... Do you know where the FUck you are???). We took a Canadian flag and waved it proudly. Again, was annahilated by 8 pints of beer consumed at Bercy (not to mention the alcohol consumed sitting outside while eating a bagette).

3) Quebec City, Colisee Pepsi - November 18

- Best show I saw on the North American tour. The band was on fire, the crowd was awesome - 95% of the crowd stayed the whole night. I was easily the most wasted at this performance, but had the best time. Hearing Down on the Farm, my favourite SI song, performed was awesome. The fact that the arena served beer till GNR went on was awesome; also great that you could take drinks on the floor. The two buddies I went with were blown away - saying it was one of the best concerts they've ever seen (As my one friend put it, "GNR rapes indie rock"). They felt as though their faces had been thoroughly melted by the performance; an assessment I share completely. You Quebecers know how to rock!

4) Toronto, ACC - November 15

- I actually enjoyed this concert the least out of the five I saw simply 'cause by 1am I was exhausted and way too high off stuff that won't be mentioned here. I also thought that the crowd was lame compared to the four other shows I've seen (perhaps not their fault though, staying up till 2am on Wednesday is tiring). The reason why I picked this show over the Ottawa was 'cause of the people I went with and met at the show. Scored 15 floor tickets for myself and 14 friends who aren't the biggest fans of GNR but wanted to see why I'm such a big fan. It was just cool to see your favourite band with so many of one's friends. Also ran into some old GNR fans from the 2002 (BFD) and met Montrealer (sorry I wasn't able to meet up with you in Quebec City - we ran real late and didn't end up getting in 'till 10:00pm).

5) Ottawa, Scotiaplace - November 17

- Probably the least drunk and the only show of the NA tour that I had seats. Went with three friends who didn't get into the concert as much. The crowd was better in Ottawa, but I felt the band was a little off at times. Really good encore though (IRS, Madagascar, Paradise City).

6) Leaks

TWAT's my favourite, followed up by Better and CITR drawing at 2nd. IRS is good too, it just got old after listening to the previous three.

7) Gunsnroses.com

Though not much done, the initial offereing was pretty decent. The videos were great; Paradise City sold a lot of my friends to come and see them in Toronto.

Anyway, 2006 was probably the best year for GNR fans since '93. I hope most of you were able to experience the band in one form or another live as it's always a great show.

Cheers,

Andrew

Please let's try to keep this thread negative comments free!

What is your 2006 best GNR moment?

That I heard about GnR were having concerts... :(

But is amazing they are on again :P

rock3

I'm praying for GnR moment in Bulgaria during 2007... :book:

Edited by Nefertiti

ok without a doubt it was hammerstein on monday may 16th ( i think) when Axl walked across the stage and it was dark but you could see he was coming on stage and WTTJ started...and then, there he was and we were front row...simply orgasmic rock3