How does your G N'R obsession go down at home?

Towserhead

Just interested what your wives, girlfriends, husbands, boyfriends, partners think of your liking of G N'R.

My girlfriend HATES Axl. Literally despises him.

I took her to see a show, did the whole V.I.P package and all in the hope she would understand why I'm such a big fan.

This was the night Axl cried sick and Bach took over.

Needless to say, her impression of him didn't get any better.

She also hates me visiting this forum and forever says "why do you bother, that album is never coming out. There is NO news. Get a life"

I kinda see her point!

My dad just thinks Axl is mental. Like clinically mental.

Edited by Towserhead

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Baically everyone I know gets a constant update of all the rumours and progress/lack of progress on this album. And I can confidently say that they are all sick of hearing about it and I get the feeling that many of them plan on disowning me in the near future. Of course...... if the album emerges next week I will personally urinate on their carcases.

My parents just won't understand how much music can mean to people, which includes GN'R. Actually my mother believes that GN'R is something evil and dirty and makes me worse too, that's funny, but annoying sometimes. A friend of mine likes GN'R as much, that's why my parents think she's evil too.

My sisters listen to emo n stuff and do not appreciate GN'R music nor lyrics and yes, they are saying that CD will never come out all the time.

Edited by zara mama

My GF doesn't like 'em much, she did kind of like the Hammersmith concert I made her go to earlier this year, so she can kind of understand why I like them and has become much more tolerant since then.

I think she likes better.... a bit!

LP

Dude I was there VIP!!!

Table 4 :P

I forgot to take my poster :(

Haha.

I was on table one. If you're a smoker, I probably smoked with you.

I also forgot to take my poster, I think I left it in the arena. I got pretty drunk on the "complimentary" drinks and got totally pissed off with the early end to the show. I actually tried to throw my beer at the stage in protest but most of it went down my back!

My GF doesn't like 'em much, she did kind of like the Hammersmith concert I made her go to earlier this year, so she can kind of understand why I like them and has become much more tolerant since then.

I think she likes better.... a bit!

LP

Yeah, mine liked Better too (a bit) when I first got a copy. Now whenever I play it, she knows the first few notes and has a go at me for playing it!.

I have to make a choice.....

Someone who I have worshipped for years, lets me down constantly, abuses me and takes my money and never gives anything back

or Axl?

)

Edited by Towserhead

My wife is sick and tired of GnR. She understands my liking of GnR, but doesn't think the album will actually come out. When I told my dad i was going to see them he said " You still listen to those clowns?". Dad was a fan back in the day, but got tired of Axl's shit real quick.

Basically, everyone i know just wishes the album would come out so they don't have to hear any more about it from me.

My wife is sick and tired of GnR. She understands my liking of GnR, but doesn't think the album will actually come out. When I told my dad i was going to see them he said " You still listen to those clowns?". Dad was a fan back in the day, but got tired of Axl's shit real quick.

Basically, everyone i know just wishes the album would come out so they don't have to hear any more about it from me.

aaw

I have two dogs named Gunner and Rose

These dogs replaced my older dog named SLASH

The dogs are refered to THE BAND and the Durango they ride in is called The Tour Bus.

My posters have beed taken down.

My wife will not attend shows after my arguement with security over Ron Jermey taking my seats in Vegas.

Well lets see......I hear shit from the GF(who went to 2 shows with me and had the time of her life) about staying on this site and others for hours on end, into the night. Shes tired of hearing GNR all day everyday- and its too loud. I kindly reminded her that" if its too loud, your too old" but that didnt go over too well since she is 7 year s older than me :rofl-lol: She now understands where the dogs name Savannah Rose(great dane) came from, and where our basketball team got the name for our greatest play ever "GNFNRS", both of which are 10+years old but....

She rolls her eyes as she gets outta bed to the sound of TWAT :)

Edited by gnfnr2006

Wife hates this board and the fact that I visit it ALL THE TIME, and she hates GnR...she endulges my Axl/GnR obsession cause it has been so long that she knows she can't win, but I try to minimize my comments to her about the band..she sick of hearing it. The rest of the family seem to get a kick (yet a small one) out of my obsession.

My parents like GNR, and ask questions about the band or about any news now and then.

My sister and her boyfriend were fans like back in the days, I plan on resurrectiing them as fans once CD is out.. :laugh: IF CD comes out...

I got 3 friends interested in them, the rest doesn't like GNR.

i have two tickets to the l.a shows and am trying to find someone who will go with me for free and it hasn't been easy. most of my friends don't like gnr and rest are sick of all the crap no album no slash late shows ect although no one makes fun of me for it thank goodness

My boyfriend doesn't like GNR as they are now and thinks that the current line up is a tribute band <_<

He doesn't like either that I spend some of my free time here - It's a waste of time (according to him)

And to him Axl is a wacko and Slash is a caricature.

apart from that we're a happy happy couple! :D

Edit: I'm not allowed to wear a bandana when I wash my face or when I put on facial masks and I hear silly comments every time I buy a bottle of Jack... hehe

Edited by rQueen

This is a tale of 2 halves. When i was 11 through high school i was obsessed with GNR and had posters and crap all over my room. When i lived with my dad, he hated it and ripped down my posters.

My mom on the other hand was supportive when i lived with her in high school and paid for me to go to my first GNR concert when i was 15 on Aug 3, 1991 at the LA Forum.

Fast forward and now i am married and my wife doesn't like GNR (beyond don't cry and november rain)herself but doesn't mind my obsession. Though i made the mistake of taking her to a vegas show on 010101 all she did was piss and moan the whole time while i was busy pissing myself that i was seeing axl for the first time in 9 years. She did let me name our dog, Duff though. So points for her.

Edited by pdxballer