How does your G N'R obsession go down at home?

Towserhead

I don't know anyone who likes g n' r or even the same music as me. I i even so much as mention the g word, or the a word or the c d words then i get violently attacked. My family says i have problems and my friends all try and force em to listen to doom metal, no fucking way! Im a member of my uni's rocksoc and even they take the piss for liking guns n roses. Whats the world coming to.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I personally don't know anyone who actually likes Axl Rose as a person; most people think he's a great performer and singer, but not a person. Even though I think he's one of the great performers of all time, I think he is a selfish, immature, self-absorbed pain in the ass that would get nowhere in life if he wasn't a rock star. Again, I love the guy and I think a lot of the things I just mentioned actually help him be such a great rock star, but he's just not that good a guy. Hope this doesn't offend anyone, but his recklessness is not hard to see, and that's why most people don't like him.

lets see.......my sister gave me the gnr pinball machine as a wedding gift........she found resonable airfare to iowa(due to the fact that the milwaukee show was canceled)........since were talking about leaving posters....lol.....i was drunk when i left mine on the urinal......lmao........

and to the guy crying about ron jeremy taking your seat in vegas.....he was in general addmission.....i know...i smoke a joint w/ him and didnt know who we was till i read a review when i got back home , therefore he didnt take your seat.....maybe it was pee-wee herman....he was there too.

my friends think im crazy, we all now and then listen to GN'R, and then one day I started to lisen to all of thier songs (not only the famous once like with my friends)

so they dont understand why I like then now so much, and they dont even like the other songs.

and they say that the new songs (that i made them hear) are not good as the old once.

when i mention GN'R to ppl I know (I allways talk about GN'R) think they are dead, or not exsist, so i correct them ofcourse.

but I asked them if they'll go to thier show if they'll come to Israel and they said they wont miss it, so I guess alot of ppl will go to the show if they will come here (plz plz plz god!)

mmm, my parents are cool with it, my dad like the new songs and he said that he used to lisen to them alittle back in russia.

it is funny thow, cuse I cant go throw a day not lissening to GN'R and talking about them.

talk about bad obsession

My girlfriend HATES Axl. Literally despises him.

If I was married, that would be grounds for divorce! -_-

i worry about men that'd give up on some trim over a rockstar :lol:

Don't worry about me, little boy. Just worry about getting my order right the next time I go through the drive-thru you work at. Yes, I would like fries with that, thank you for asking. :kiss:

lets see.......my sister gave me the gnr pinball machine as a wedding gift........she found resonable airfare to iowa(due to the fact that the milwaukee show was canceled)........since were talking about leaving posters....lol.....i was drunk when i left mine on the urinal......lmao........

and to the guy crying about ron jeremy taking your seat in vegas.....he was in general addmission.....i know...i smoke a joint w/ him and didnt know who we was till i read a review when i got back home , therefore he didnt take your seat.....maybe it was pee-wee herman....he was there too.

BullSHIT....He must have stated out up top. It was a huge seen...I am sure people will verify.

Because, I got tossed and came back in with my girlfriend/wife now in tears.......they gave me back my money....(HardRock Cafe).

The issue was we paid $250.00 a ticket and were given a horrible view.

Besides, if you cant the difference between Ron Jeremy and Pee wee....you are mistaken.

My parents don't dig GNR so much. They think their music is mysogenistic noise and can't stand em.

Funny.....my parents think they're mysogenistic, my uberfeminist girlfriend loves em........ :ph34r:

Hey, if I had to pick my parents or girlfriend to like GNR......well, my girlfriend and I will both be going to the northeast for college, so I wouldn't be going to see GNR at MSG with my parents!

I met my boyfriend on the Velvet Revolver forum, so no problems with how much time I spend online, how much I talk about the band or anything like that. Only issue is that he preferes the new band and I prefere the old.

My parents don't like them but they tolerate my obsession, my sister unfortunately doesn't seem to realise she's not 13 anymore (no offence to any 13 year olds, thats just when her bitchy adolescent phase started), any time I say anything she disagrees with or doesn't like her answer is 'yeah, well you like Guns N' Roses!' Kind of annoying since when I'm at home I have to share a room with her, but mostly I ignore her.

My brother is the source of my theory that no one learns guitar without learning at least one GNR song. He only like "intelligent" music like Tool, Radiohead, Muse, REM ect. but he can play SCOM, WTTJ, NR and PC, and maybe a couple of other songs. (He denies it, and seems to honestly believe I won't recognise the songs when he plays them. :rolleyes: )

And technically my obsession is his fault since it started when I stole SCOM and NR from his computer and then couldn't stop listening to them.

My ex-boyfriend didn't like GN'R. He knew 5 GN'R songs that he thought were cool. Asshole.

And everybody can guess what 5 songs were that.

My parents hate me. My Dad can't stand PC (because I always crack up the volume on that).

My Mum. She doesn't even know who GN'R are.

My sisters favorite song is Silkworms. Seriously. I'm not kidding.

(And my sister likes trance and techno.)

Edited by cold_as_ice

My sister likes them...just because I got her into them. She only knows the hits, however. My mom thinks GnR have given me an attitude problem and she basically thinks rock music should be abolished <_< . My dad used to listen to them when he was younger (thats how I got my UYI's..stole em from my dad :D )...but he doesn't care about em anymore.

My friends don't listen to them either....so of course they don't get it. :tongue2:

BullSHIT....He must have stated out up top. It was a huge seen...I am sure people will verify.

Honestly, I didn't see Ron Jeremy at the Vegas show....I was in the middle in GA.

(I didn't notice any scene, either, but I could have just missed it...)

My girlfriend HATES Axl. Literally despises him.

If I was married, that would be grounds for divorce! -_-

i worry about men that'd give up on some trim over a rockstar :lol:

Don't worry about me, little boy. Just worry about getting my order right the next time I go through the drive-thru you work at. Yes, I would like fries with that, thank you for asking. :kiss:

ahahaha, y'know that was still funny the 999nth time u used it. btw, we piss in the friers. and oh, hows that mississippi mud pie go down? :rolleyes: i dont dare to tell u why the mayo is so runny :lol: every well to do middle class parent knows in their heart of hearts when they send their lil girl to her "friends" to "study" more oft than not she's suckin off the Mcdonalds Allstars. i can live with that if the rest of the world can ;) offer ur wife a french fry, who knows, might be able to impregnate her from a 25 mile radius ;)

Edited by frankwhite

eh. dont even come to me with this....everyone i know either hates or likes them, and most of them hate them. my girlfriend HATES them, she says it drives her insane whenever she hears them or if she sees that i'm listening to them on msn she's really doesnt like it

My boyfriend thins they are dead meat and teases me for still like them but he can't fight with my eternal love to Axl! :)

And when I was younger my parents were used to seeing posts of gnr all over my room, they just wished my future husband would have nothing to do with Axl! :rofl-lol:

My family know who "the band" are but can't name any members bar Axl..

My fella and I started talking online because of our love of GN'R. We're now engaged and listen to them on a daily basis at full volume.. He checks the forums daily even though he knows I'm on here all day.

It's fucking GREAT!

KK x

My family know who "the band" are but can't name any members bar Axl..

My fella and I started talking online because of our love of GN'R. We're now engaged and listen to them on a daily basis at full volume.. He checks the forums daily even though he knows I'm on here all day.

It's fucking GREAT!

KK x

oh thats like a GN'R fairytale

My boyfriend is totally fine with my GN'R (and Axl) obsession. He's not really into them, but think they're ok.

He loves Better! I put it on his mp3 a while ago, and everytime it comes on, he can't stop feeling happy - he's a little mad at me about it, 'cause he used to dislike them, when he was younger - but now he has to admit they aint that bad :P He also enjoyed the concert at Roskilde this year, he wasn't to happy about that either :rolleyes:

He has nothing against the time I spend on this forum, he knows it makes me happy, so sometimes he even ask me to go check it out :o He doesn't even get jealous, when I show him all the pics from the Axl tread :) When we're going to sleep, he sometimes tells me to dream of Axl :lol:

Yesterday when I was relaxing on the sofa, he put UYI on, just to make me happy...

My mum always call, when she hears GN'R in the radio :lol:

I don't have any friends whos into GN'R :( But most of them, don't have anything against them. But they do think it's funny to makes joke of them...

My mother likes GN'R. She also thinks Axl's hot. B) And my dad thinks they are cool, too. They also went to the concert in July (but I didn't go with them, I was with a friend there ;) ).

I also quite often talk with friends about GN'R, allthough not all of them are real fans, but most like at least a few songs. ;)

The only time my girlfriend hates GN'R is when I invite two of my friends (that are equally crazy for GN'R as I am) over and we start talking about GN'R and completely take over the stereo and the computer to listen to GN'R and watch live clips!

I know that when they leave after such a party I am gonna get it good from my girl haha! :rolleyes: