The Tentative Release Date of March 6th

Allen8R

I hope they let us know soon if the album wont be out sometime in march.

EVERYONE PLEASE STOP HOLDING YOUR BREATH. IT IS NOT COMING OUT UNTIL NEXT FALL 2007 IN TIME FOR NEXT CHRISTMAS. THIS IS A FACT. I AM NOT GOING TO DISCUSS SOURCES, I JUST HAPPEN TO KNOW FOR A FACT.

Oh, ok - thanks for sharing!

...Door is over there --->. ;)

• Replies 547
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I said, if we don't hear something in the next two weeks, the album will be not out on march 6th. It was two weeks ago when I said that. I guess, Axl fooled us again. :question:

He should release this fuckin' album, because he owes us alot. It's the die hard fans who keep the new Gn'R alive. We are the real fans who go to the concert and care about what he is doing. And what do we get for that? He lies to us all the time.

Axl should give a real statement, not just another lie, because I think we have been fooled enough. :rolleyes:

I said, if we don't hear something in the next two weeks, the album will be not out on march 6th. It was two weeks ago when I said that. I guess, Axl fooled us again. :question:

He should release this fuckin' album, because he owes us alot. It's the die hard fans who keep the new Gn'R alive. We are the real fans who go to the concert and care about what he is doing. And what do we get for that? He lies to us all the time.

Axl should give a real statement, not just another lie, because I think we have been fooled enough. :rolleyes:

You are so true

You won't get an announcement about anything release related for at least another week or two.

Pretend you're at a Guns show. It's been an hour and a half since the last act and they're still not on...no word from anyone...people are throwing beer and hurling stuff at the good seats from the lawn...people are wondering if dude will even show up at all...

To the people saying 'he should have said something by now', I ask, since when have Axl and Co. been 'timely' about anything?

Edited by SterileEyes

I never lost hope. I never had it so how could I lose it?

This was "tentative". Didn't mean anything really. I'll have hopes when there's an actual release date.

Yes, but Axl told his fans that they would try their hardest to make March 6th the official release date, and that if it DIDN'T happen we would be made aware as quickly as possible.

If it's not out by March 6th, then they know by now. There's an eight week turnover, which means he would have had to already give Universal the album. If he hasn't, then he's fully aware that March 6th isn't a realistic date.

The very, very, very least they could do is post a brief notice on their website.

It makes the band in general look terrible considering there's less than a month and Axl's March 6th goal is still highlighted on the main page of the official website.

It's not a matter of March 6th being definitive. It's a matter of sticking to your word. It's not that hard to have someone else post a news update to an official site to let fans know less than a month in advance what the progress is. Otherwise it looks like he's trying to hide something - and the press is going to pick up on this soon and make it look worse.

Rolling Stone printed part of his open letter. If we go much longer without an update, you don't think an editor at RS is going to end up printing another Axl diss? There will be a follow up. And soon, to be frank, they're going to stop bothering. Axl's lucky to have all these major magazines still take an active interest in him - Rolling Stone was hyped up when he made his appearance last year and they gave him good reviews on tour and they gave the leaks great reviews. They've been following this closely - even after Axl revealed that Merck had lied to them about the release date. That was his chance to really make good but by once again disappearing like this he's burning bridges. It's like the boy who cried wolf at this point...

To the people saying 'he should have said something by now', I ask, since when have Axl and Co. been 'timely' about anything?

That's hardly an excuse.

I don't care about March 6th. It was just a tentative date. What I do care about, however, is communication - as usual. This band has awful communication with its fans, and just because Axl is notorious for it doesn't make it any more excusable.

Edited by Estranged Reality

This was "tentative". Didn't mean anything really. I'll have hopes when there's an actual release date.

Yes, but Axl told his fans that they would try their hardest to make March 6th the official release date, and that if it DIDN'T happen we would be made aware as quickly as possible.

If it's not out by March 6th, then they know by now. There's an eight week turnover, which means he would have had to already give Universal the album. If he hasn't, then he's fully aware that March 6th isn't a realistic date.

The very, very, very least they could do is post a brief notice on their website.

It makes the band in general look terrible considering there's less than a month and Axl's March 6th goal is still highlighted on the main page of the official website.

It's not a matter of March 6th being definitive. It's a matter of sticking to your word. It's not that hard to have someone else post a news update to an official site to let fans know less than a month in advance what the progress is. Otherwise it looks like he's trying to hide something - and the press is going to pick up on this soon and make it look worse.

Rolling Stone printed part of his open letter. If we go much longer without an update, you don't think an editor at RS is going to end up printing another Axl diss?

Oh yeah, they definitely handled this unprofessionally and I totally disagree with it. But to be honest I wasn't expecting professional treatment/attitude... which really is sad.

Rolling Stone printed part of his open letter. If we go much longer without an update, you don't think an editor at RS is going to end up printing another Axl diss?

Oh yeah, they definitely handled this unprofessionally and I totally disagree with it. But to be honest I wasn't expecting professional treatment/attitude... which really is sad.

Probably put in the best words. This is totally ridiculous on the band's part and they've already lost inordinant credibility or liking on my part. Oops.

Rolling Stone printed part of his open letter. If we go much longer without an update, you don't think an editor at RS is going to end up printing another Axl diss? There will be a follow up. And soon, to be frank, they're going to stop bothering. Axl's lucky to have all these major magazines still take an active interest in him - Rolling Stone was hyped up when he made his appearance last year and they gave him good reviews on tour and they gave the leaks great reviews. They've been following this closely - even after Axl revealed that Merck had lied to them about the release date. That was his chance to really make good but by once again disappearing like this he's burning bridges. It's like the boy who cried wolf at this point...

That's hardly an excuse.

I don't care about March 6th. It was just a tentative date. What I do care about, however, is communication - as usual. This band has awful communication with its fans, and just because Axl is notorious for it doesn't make it any more excusable.

i think rolling stone writes about it so often cause its really fascinating how much of a train wreck this is ,its like me or you or rolling stone just can not look away

So do you think axl will give us another open letter about his tenative release date, and why he didnt have the album done but could do fashion shows and plan tours in africa? I dunno axl, i think a lot of us are actually getting fed up, pretty close to the end of the line? What can you say, your still mixing or putting the FINAL touches on it? How many time more can he say that ? Just still blows my mind that there is NOTHING at all, no release date set in stone, no track list, no single, no cover, very sad...

So do you think axl will give us another open letter about his tenative release date, and why he didnt have the album done but could do fashion shows and plan tours in africa? I dunno axl, i think a lot of us are actually getting fed up, pretty close to the end of the line? What can you say, your still mixing or putting the FINAL touches on it? How many time more can he say that ? Just still blows my mind that there is NOTHING at all, no release date set in stone, no track list, no single, no cover, very sad...

still, nevermind. tommorows another day huh? :) smile, drink 6 to 8 glasses of water a day, go for a jog, you'll feel better...

GNR and Imminent don't mix my friend. It's not coming out anytime soon...watch, he's going to tour again without the album out...he'll run to every continent that will accept him, but Axl Rose is history in the US.

Kaneda posting in someone else's topic? Instead of starting on all to his own!

still, nevermind. tommorows another day huh? :) smile, drink 6 to 8 glasses of water a day, go for a jog, you'll feel better...

:laugh:

Nah, I'm not "close to the end of the line"... It will happen and I'll be there when it does.

GNR and Imminent don't mix my friend. It's not coming out anytime soon...watch, he's going to tour again without the album out...he'll run to every continent that will accept him,but Axl Rose is history in the US.

glad i'm not in the US :rolleyes:

No, there won't be any excuses, no statements, nothing but silence from Axl and the camp. Don't expect and update from the band, either.

There is no way the album will drop on March 6 now, it would take at least a month to promote, and no single has been released.

And Axl can't blame Merck or anyone else this time.