The Tentative Release Date of March 6th

Allen8R

I posted this in anther thread. I didn't do the reasearch for most it, in fact I only wrote the last few points with the 02 VMAs and the open letter, the rest has been pasted on pretty much every GNR forum around in the past three years, likely including this one as well.

Kurt Loder Interview : 1999

Loder: When do you think we will actually see this album? Is it possible to say early next year?

Rose: We're hoping. Yes, definitely, everything seems to be going well.

Rolling Stone Article: 2000

"The new Guns N Roses album is tentatively titled Chinese Democracy and loosely scheduled for summer 2000".

''As far as I can tell,'' says GnR's manager Doug Goldstein, ''we are now 99% musically done and 80% vocals done. I see the record being done Feb or March for a summer release.''

Chile Radio Interview: 2001

DJ: When is it gonna be the new album? Is it possible that we're gonna have a new record from Guns N' Roses?

Axl: Yes, I've heard. Um, hopefully we will put out a new single umm sometime this spring and then the record gonna be done in June or shortly thereafter.

Seattle Interview: 2002

"Ditch: You've really, you've... It sounds like really nurtured relationships with these guys, and the new disc "Chinese Democracy". Umm, do you have any idea when the fruits of those labours will come to harvest"?

Axl: Uhh, sometime during the next year.

VMA's: 2002

"you'll see it"

"I don't know if soon is the word..."

RIR Press Release: 2004

"Guns will be moving forward and surprisingly (without giving away any details) this unfortunate set of circumstances may have given us the opportunity to take our recording that one extra step further. Regardless we hope to announce a release date within the next few months".

Open letter from Axl Rose: posted on HTGTH, Dec 15th 2006

"…this is not a promise, a lie or a guarantee, but we do wish to announce a tentative release date of March 6".

So, I know all the "ball hangers are going to try to flame be and label me as a negative prick, but when you look at things from the flip side like this, it is way less of a let down when things don't happen...This way there is less negativity and anger tawards the band.

A8R

hey thanks for posting that...FOR THE 20TH TIME

• Replies 547
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Commom Sense says the album won't be coming out on March 6th

-CS

statistically, the guy, his bitches, management and other slaves have lied about the record every single time he/they have spoken about it. So chances are next million times theres a tentative release date or a rumour or any single comment about a possible release date, its going to be bullshit. You dont even need a jedi sixth sense or even some common sense... its pure math. And i bet not only probability is against this record, i bet theres even some yet to be discovered law of psysics that makes the release of a record by guns and roses an impossible task.

-CS

statistically, the guy, his bitches, management and other slaves have lied about the record every single time he/they have spoken about it. So chances are next million times theres a tentative release date or a rumour or any single comment about a possible release date, its going to be bullshit. You dont even need a jedi sixth sense or even some common sense... its pure math. And i bet not only probability is against this record, i bet theres even some yet to be discovered law of psysics that makes the release of a record by guns and roses an impossible task.

Hey, we don't know that for a fact! Sure the odds might be against the record's release, but anything could happen, and anything's possible.....

-CS

Hey, we don't know that for a fact! Sure the odds might be against the record's release, but anything could happen, and anything's possible.....

..............but nothing is real

its not coming out march 6th

my company says TBA now when it used to say march 6

plus we ordered our new releases for march 6th and there was no guns release from universal

March 6th is 100 percent dead

sorry guys

i was disappointed too when i found out today

Edited by raspus

plus we ordered our new releases for march 6th and there was no guns release from universal

sorry guys

fuckin axl ...damn it lol ..

March 6th looks totally dead, but the news/ rumours emanating i.e. Bumble/ Frank finishing recording and World Tour 1st leg being announced can only be good news for CD. My guess is that Axl/ band realise that they only way that they can can redeem themselves now is to announce a firm date and perhaps the track listing/ first single as their next step. They are probably playing around with only 2 or 3 dates which are probably down to commercials i.e. launch campaign, distribution plan etc.

Naysayers who claim the album will never come out are off the mark and will be proved wrong.

arent we all just tired now :(

Yeah know what you mean, the announcement in December was great, but now it's got kinda stale and 6th March 2007 is never gonna happen. I wouldn't mind if we had a new date that was more firm, but we've heard nothing for months (again). Maybe if they could confirm the track listing and give a new date people will be buzzing again... maybe that's not possible now and we just have to wait it out again until it is possible to give us that info.

We should be good at that by now, but it's not any easier.

LP

Edited by Longpig

I gave my hopes up years ago jajaja (which doesn't mean i dont come on this board once in a while to check it out or always have guns on my ipod, it just means im not fixated on it as i used to be)....but for those who still have them....keep on rocking gunners!!!!!!

sorry guys

Well, technically you know one or two weeks in advance when a new album is going to be released, right?

promotion would have started by now for the normal punters. Nothing happeneing, no record. I wouldn't be surprised if these april gigs all had last years setlist.

Oh, they will. Axl is not gonna put do any more new songs. Wound't suprise me if they pull a few of the Democracy songs back and go for a more of a "greatest hits" setlist now, its all they have to work with.

maybe no one wil lshow up to these gigs. Thats the only way to send a clear message. :fuckyou:

sorry guys

Well, technically you know one or two weeks in advance when a new album is going to be released, right?

We know usually months in advance but its confirmed when we order the new release inventory usually 3- 4 weeks prior to release date

We are three weeks away from the "release date" with no promotion whatsoever. I dont understand why u would target something yet again, only giving the fans more hope because a single day was singled out and then once again not deliver. I cannot wait to hear this album, but please, if you dont plan on delivering just dont blow smoke up our ass.