An open Letter from Axl Rose

dobadog

What happened to the March 6th date for the new album?

I am thirty-two years old. That's old enough to have listened to (and worn out) Appetite on tape cassette. I also saw both the original and 1992 line-up in concert. I went to Philly to see the "new" band a few years ago. They didn't show, and of course, the fans rioted. The "new" band has not released an album in over a decade. That means the "new" band has never released an album.

March 6th, huh, Axll? Axl, in his "open letter to the FANS," writes that "This is the first time we have done this publicly for this album," i.e., announce a release date. That is an odd statement to make, considering I recall hearing the word "soon" come out of the man's mouth four or five years ago at the MTV awards when Kurt Loder asked him when the "new" album was to be released. I don't know anyone, other than an inmate, who considers four or five years "soon." But, then again, the album never has been released so it's just as easy to presume that we can tack another four or five years onto his statement of "March 6th."

It is surely ironic that he would include the word "open" in the title of the letter. Open, at least to me, means honest.

• Replies 330
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

AXL, YOU'RE GREAT MAN!!! WHATEVER YOU DID I'M YOUR FAN!!!!!!!! KEEP ON ROCKIN' MAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Haha, most positive post in a long time. Eventually you'll be longing for Chinese Democracy and your posts will become negative, that is if you actually want Chinese Democracy. :rolleyes:

Hold up guys, todays the 15th! Chinese Democracy came out like a week ago. Im gonna pick it up tommorow, cant wait to hear Chinese Democracy on a finished cd.

right now axls on "notepad" typin up the next letter, hes on his 18th copy, but he just put the finishing touches on the final letter and plans to release a demo version of this letter within the next two years, with the real letter surfacing sometime before 2012

"...It takes approximately eight weeks for an album to hit the shelves once it has been turned in to the record company. For whatever reasons, it appears that it may have been mistakenly inferred by management that this time period could be condensed to three weeks. With that being said, this is not a promise, a lie or a guarantee, but we do wish to announce a tentative release date of March 6. This is the first time we have done this publicly for this album. Others have made up all the other dates for their own reasons. We would like to assure the fans that everything in our power will be done to meet this date. Once it is finalized and official, you will be notified. If we are delayed for unseen reasons, you also will be notified as soon as possible in regard to a new date, and the album will be released as shortly thereafter as is possible. We thank you for your patience..."

:no:

:scared::blink::huh::(:question:

"...It takes approximately eight weeks for an album to hit the shelves once it has been turned in to the record company. For whatever reasons, it appears that it may have been mistakenly inferred by management that this time period could be condensed to three weeks. With that being said, this is not a promise, a lie or a guarantee, but we do wish to announce a tentative release date of March 6. This is the first time we have done this publicly for this album. Others have made up all the other dates for their own reasons. We would like to assure the fans that everything in our power will be done to meet this date. Once it is finalized and official, you will be notified. If we are delayed for unseen reasons, you also will be notified as soon as possible in regard to a new date, and the album will be released as shortly thereafter as is possible. We thank you for your patience..."

:scared::blink::huh::(:question:

oh it's that word again :scared:...."Soon".....

Is it asking too much too much for the album to take precedence over a tour at this point? If it's not done they really shouldn't be on the road until they finish mixing IMO.

• 4 weeks later...

Subs, you of all people should know what "soon" means in the Gn'R world.

I applaud Axl for this letter. Perhaps Merck was the reason he has been so silent lately. There were apparently a lot of things going on behind the scenes that were pretty nasty. I think that Axl and Merck had been at odds for awhile which is why neither would give any real information. In my opinion, even though not specifically mentioned in the letter, some of this extra time will be used to put Ron and Frank on the album. And if an Asian tour is indeed in the works for spring, what more perfect time to release "Chinese Democracy," than return to the U.S. next summer or fall. Let's hope that this open communication between Axl and his fans will continue.

I think Axl Rose is a true gentleman. I Think he is one heck of a performer. He is also very hot! A band takes alot of work and we just have to be patient. I wish he had all the orginal members of the band,but hopefully this band will be very good too. I am very anxious to hear the new materail.

Well Axl lost respect again, made himself a more of a joke. Really, he just can't stop losing credibility with everybody.

Managerial problems?... For 14 years??? There were so many chances to release this album. God.

Oh, and Madison just lost her source :P