An Open Letter From Merck

madison

This is all I am going to say.

when Appetite came out, I was a fan.

when Illusions I & II came out, I was in sixth grade, and received them for my birthday.

I listened to them over and over.

When the Spagetti thing came out, I even bought that.

It wasn't very good, but it was something from my favorite band.

Then we had to wait.

I went through high-school with nothing.

I went through college, and all we got was live era.

I went through law school, and got to see them in 02 in Columbus.

It was a great time.

Then we saw nothing for a while.

Then I flew to NYC and saw one of the hammerstein shows, and I knew axl was back, and something was happening.

I think we all need to realize that the tentative release date of the album is only 10 months removed from the first REAL world tour in like 10 years+. From the first hammerstein show on May 12 of this year, axl has played a ton of shows on 3 continents. Over a million people have seen them live in concert and realize how awesome GNR can still be. I still submit that there is nothing like seeing GNR live. I saw them 2 months ago in Estero, FL at one of the smaller shows, and they were still great.

What I am saying is, this is just another speed bump.

We have a date now.

We didn't have one before.

Merck is out of the picture.

It's probably better for the band.

GNR has been referred to recently as a family (i.e. the whole Brain, Frank thing) and I think Merck can now be seen as the cheap uncle that nobody wants a christmas card from because there's not going to be any money in it.

I think we should all sit back, relax for 90 days, and see what happens in March 07.

I bet it will be worth the wait.

JE in Florida

Edited by s487807

they're not allowed to talk about this one HereTodayGoneToCensorship....

Everybody is talking about it except them. These guys on htgth are definitely on another planet.

As for Merck saying that nugnr is better than gnr and CD being the best record ever made, it is probable that Merck is expecting some personal benefit (stated in his contract with Axl) if CD sells well...

Its like the soviet union over there at HTGH!

It's fucking unreal. It's so bad it's funny! We're now not allowed to use the word "tentative".

Anyway - don't mean to bash them and derail this thread.

merck's trying to win back the fans while still sucking up to axl, whats the go, no one wanted anything to do with us fucking 2 weeks ago!, merck lost the fans respect years ago!, even tho he might be the fall guy, i prefer it being down to axl,and axl alone, lets see if he can finnish this monster off!.

when will axl realize that HTGTH sucks ass, this place is where it's at, well if you want some honest opinions anywa!.

Edited by aussie_axl

Madison, Don't know if this has already been made clear earlier in the thread, but was this sent to you by Merck ?

Yes.

When Axl's letter started circulating last night, we didn't know if it was real or not. In the past, all official communications from Axl and the band were sent to us as well. This one was not, and the letter wasn't even posted at gunsroses.com. So, I asked Merck, and this was the response he provided.

Madison, Don't know if this has already been made clear earlier in the thread, but was this sent to you by Merck ?

Yes.

When Axl's letter started circulating last night, we didn't know if it was real or not. In the past, all official communications from Axl and the band were sent to us as well. This one was not, and the letter wasn't even posted at gunsroses.com. So, I asked Merck, and this was the response he provided.

Any indecations on the next manager,sanctuary appointed or band appointed, i forget if GnR left Sanctuary as well?

I don't see the point in showing us the drafts he sent to axl. Why did he add them in? So, it was a combined letter, not just from Axl??

Axls letter tends to apoligiese and talks about the future.

Mercks, is giving explanations to the past year.

Both good reads. And exactly what we were wanting to hear. I think all the questions are answered.

Very good read. I somehow have now a much better opinion on Merck. :unsure:

I dont get why so many people are getting a good vibe off Merck? He and Beta are the two most glaring additions to the GnR fold in the last half decade or so and, without question, the last half decade or so has been the least productive in the history of Guns....I mean, at least in the late 90s we actually got a Live CD and 2 (albeit shitty) singles...What are the variables introduced to the GnR equation since things started getting really wierd? Beta and Merck...Lets put 2 and 2 together....

Let me add that this is NOT to say Axl is blameless and he should be relieved of all responsibility...Clearly, he needs to be making some decisions on his own....But I dont think anyone can argue that Merck and Beta have enhanced Axl's creative output....(let alone his media communication skills)

Edited by raodonne