An Open Letter From Merck

madison

big deal. he worked with the new band and STILL fully supports them and is just showing it here.

honestly you people will jump on any whore of an excuse to complain.

Are you really that bad at comprehension? I'm not slamming him for supporting the new band, but its unprofessional and unneccessary to even mention the old band.

big deal. he worked with the new band and STILL fully supports them and is just showing it here.

honestly you people will jump on any whore of an excuse to complain.

Are you really that bad at comprehension? I'm not slamming him for supporting the new band, but its unprofessional and unneccessary to even mention the old band.

He's supporting the new band because deep inside the guy wants back in, I mean he just lost a great job. Probably the best he ever had.

Edited by Lukinx

this muse he refers to is female

does he mean axl? or one of the beggars & hangers-on?

I didn't get that either.

First I thought he was referring to Axl as she, in the diva sense. Kind of a slam. But then he was positive the reast of the way.

Then I began to wonder if maybe "she" is a specific person or just a metaphor for the general creative process. Because I could totally see Axl blowing it off if he wasn't "feeling it."

the new Guns N' Roses (which kicks the shit out of the old)

Not cool. :no:

I agree; it was unneccessary, and unprofessional.

Many of Merck's comments in the past were unneccessary and unprofessional. That's right Merck, shit on the old band, whose catalog of songs were bought for 20 million dollars. Yep, they suck, don't they?

Good to see that Axl finally realized it, and Merck gets kicked to the curb.

I think the part where he says "I know I sleep well at night in the knowledge that when Chinese Democracy hits the streets in March that it is in large part down to my efforts over the last almost 5 years" Way to pat yourself on the back buddy.

Edited by Patience 4 Axl

A "muse" is a mythical female inspirational character. All artists are inspired by a muse. A muse can technically be anything that inspires someone, but it's symbolically represented by a female.

When Merck says "the muse did not show up" he is saying that on the dates Axl was supposed to get the work done, he was unable to actually work. He was uninspired. Lots of artists say "My muse has left me for now..." That means they can't do jack shit until their inspiration comes back. :)

A "muse" is a mythical female inspirational character. All artists are inspired by a muse. A muse can technically be anything that inspires someone, but it's symbolically represented by a female.

When Merck says "the muse did not show up" he is saying that on the dates Axl was supposed to get the work done, he was unable to actually work. He was uninspired. Lots of artists say "My muse has left me for now..." That means they can't do jack shit until their inspiration comes back. :)

i agree, the muse can be mythical

in this case it could be beta, yoda or someone insisting the stars weren't aligned during those periods

i just hope these final brush strokes are necessary, and not just the result of a genius who's too scared to release his masterpiece

Is it me or is Merk basically saying that Axl has really needed to only have 3 or 4 days solid days of creativity to complete the record and hasnt managed this for nearly a year????

If thats the case no wonder this thing has taken 15 yrs.

Some truth here.

Is it me or is Merk basically saying that Axl has really needed to only have 3 or 4 days solid days of creativity to complete the record and hasnt managed this for nearly a year????

:lol::cry:

I really have no idea whether to laugh or cry about that to be honest...

Thats exactly what he's saying...For everyone who thinks this makes Merk look like a good guy or something-fuck that....If he was a real solider he would have kept his mouth (or email) shut...His comments about the "muse" are especially irritating cause they are all backhanded slaps at Axl-basically he's saying everyone else did their shit except for Axl...its just a more poetic way of saying it...

Now this is not to defend Axl-lets be honest: the whole situation is insane...Its a fucking rock n roll album. Period. From the details released today, its clear it should have been done a long time ago. However, its Merk's job to shut the fuck up. He's management, not the star. and I feel like the fact that he has taken such a public role-especially in his assertion that he basically kept Guns going the last 5 years, belies a desire for recognition/personal success that is inappropriate for his position...The manager should basically be seen and not heard, making things happen behind the scenes and not getting publically involved...To say the things that he said about Axl and the band-that hes kept them going, that he drafted emails for Axl-(whether true or not) is an incrediblely selfish move and I'll say it again: WHAT THE FUCK IS A MERK

For all his efforts these past 5 years we have....uh, nothing....

For the years before Merk what do we have? 6 albums and 5 DVDs....

The lack of professionalism is stunning....

FUCK MERK and good riddance

yeah...i was wondering about that too :(

The note will be most effective if it comes from Axl as he will then be seen as the good guy who is giving people the information they want.

I'm not going to miss Merck at all. Hopefully Axl gets someone to replace him who knows what they're doing, who knows how to handle both him and the public in a much more professional, sensitive, and less sarcastic manner.

I was starting to have sympathy for the guy and thought this was a very mature and proffesional letter from him.

But when the slamming of the old band came into play, well he can just go fuck himself!

To Merck: :fuckyou:

How does he slam the old band?

This was not called for, at all on any level...

This was not called for, at all on any level...

If he believes that it's his perogative. Unless you think the new band sucks it's nowhere near slamming the old band. It may be uncalled for or unecessary, but it's in no way slamming anybody.