Good job Merk -

Guest Apollo

Funny how it's OK for the Slasholes to continually rip and say negative things about Axl . . . but when somebody makes a bad comment about Slash/Duff, then you people come out and rip that person for being a jerk! Apparently in your minds, freedom of speech only means if they agree with you.

Merk sayin that the new band kicks the shit out of the old band is HIS OPINION. It doesn't make him a saint or a cunt. It's just his opinion.

I take my hat off to him for not being "politically correct" and worrying about offending anybody.

Good job for having the balls to state your opinion.

Personally, I don't know yet. I'll have to hear a final product before I can start judging which band is better. The old band seemed to have more grit and emotion live than the new band. But the new band seems a little more professional (throw in your buckethead jokes here) and on top of things live. I know, the "old band" people will throw a fit at that comment - but face it sirs, your not seeing Fortis and Brain playing concerts high on heroin, like you would have seen Izzy and Adler and Slash back in the day.

At 17 years old, it seems cool when your favorite band has a reputation for being party animals. But at 35 years old, I wanna hear a tight show and not one where half the band is high.

And you people forget what position Merk is in. He knows inside scoop stuff about the new band and the old band, that fans like us have NO IDEA about.

I respect the man for voicing his opinion.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It might be his opinion but its direspectful. Its obvious that none of this would be possible without the old band, duh. Plus it puts even more pressure on the new band cuz apparently they are better than the original lineup therefore the album must be better than AFD and Illusions.. :rolleyes: Whatever I mean its just Merk most people will never read that comment anyway.

And that's a bad thing?

if it's a job that he loves and doesn't want to lose . . . .he shouldn't try and get it back?

I hope you people hold yourselfs to the standards you set for other people.

And Appetite . . . why is it disrespectful? If he thinks the new band is better, he isn't allowed to voice his opinion?

Does that mean that EVERYBODY for the rest of the world who likes the new band must bow down and kiss the old band's feet? Please.

Merk sayin that the new band kicks the shit out of the old band is HIS OPINION. It doesn't make him a saint or a cunt. It's just his opinion.

It made him sound completely arrogant.

he should have said: "(I believe the new band sounds considerably better than the old)"...

Funny how it's OK for the Slasholes to continually rip and say negative things about Axl . . . but when somebody makes a bad comment about Slash/Duff, then you people come out and rip that person for being a jerk! Apparently in your minds, freedom of speech only means if they agree with you.

Merk sayin that the new band kicks the shit out of the old band is HIS OPINION. It doesn't make him a saint

ha, right on budy :shades:

That's all I got from him too....it's just a fucking OPINION that I happen to agree with .. rock2

if you Slasholes don't ...get lost ya pricks!.....the second Cuntraband record is coming soon for you all! :lol:

Merck wouldn't have had a job in the first place if it weren't for the original band and the legacy they created.

And there was no reason to even mention them in his letter. It was unprofessional.

And it sets the new band up for failure if it doesn't live up to AFD or UYI;

Edited by luvaxl4ever

old band resume:

AFD

Lies

UYI

TSI

Several successful and sold out arena and stadium tours all over the world

new band resume:

2001-02 bootlegs

4 demos

one failed tour, and another failing with half empty arenas at many shows on both tours

who has the better resume?

YOUR MISSING THE POINT SIR.

IT's not who has been more successful in the past.

It's ONE MAN'S OPINION of who he thinks is better.

Not who sold more albums. Not who toured longer.

It's one man having the balls to voice his opinion.

And where is the old band now? Whether you like it or not, the "old" band isn't together any more. There is a reason for that.

I take my hat off to him for not being "politically correct" and worrying about offending anybody.

Good job for having the balls to state your opinion.

Personally, I don't know yet. I'll have to hear a final product before I can start judging which band is better. The old band seemed to have more grit and emotion live than the new band. But the new band seems a little more professional (throw in your buckethead jokes here) and on top of things live. I know, the "old band" people will throw a fit at that comment - but face it sirs, your not seeing Fortis and Brain playing concerts high on heroin, like you would have seen Izzy and Adler and Slash back in the day.

At 17 years old, it seems cool when your favorite band has a reputation for being party animals. But at 35 years old, I wanna hear a tight show and not one where half the band is high.

And you people forget what position Merk is in. He knows inside scoop stuff about the new band and the old band, that fans like us have NO IDEA about.

I respect the man for voicing his opinion.

oh GOD, relax.

Damn whiners

And Appetite . . . why is it disrespectful? If he thinks the new band is better, he isn't allowed to voice his opinion?

That's fine but considering his position he should of kept comments like that to himself, or at the least worded it differently. In general its useless to keep making comments about how nuGnR are better, or that CD is going to be the best album of the century. They should keep their mouths shut because its not even out yet. My point is that hyping this album up even more is the last thing it needs. Also I might be wrong but I don't think Slash or Duff or anyone in their management has said they kick the shit out of original Guns N Roses.

IMO his comment was ridiculous and most likely not true.

old band resume:

AFD

Lies

UYI

TSI

Several successful and sold out arena and stadium tours all over the world

new band resume:

2001-02 bootlegs

4 demos

one failed tour, and another failing with half empty arenas at many shows on both tours

who has the better resume?

Well said mate hey merck fuck right off with your comment about the the real guns n roses when your praise this cover band that are conning cash out of fans by playing the old guys material you are a fucking hypocrite and a useless fucking manager at that get the real guns n fucking roses back together they can knock out an album in 5 weeks not 15 fucking years

Merck wouldn't have had a job in the first place if it weren't for the original band and the legacy they created.

And there was no reason to even mention them in his letter. It was unprofessional.

Haha.

Here's the letter YOU people think he should have submitted.

"Good luck to everybody. Slash and Duff are Gods. Axl is nothing without them. Peace, love, puppies and flowers to everybody. I love you all."

BULLSHIT.

This is the music industry.

Thank God we have people still willing to speak their minds and not censure everything they say. What a boring fucking world it would be if that ever happened.

You disagree with his comment - that's your right.

But don't harrass the guy for speaking his mind.

And you wanna talk unprofessional???

How about Axl smacking Stephanie around?

How about Slash/Duff/Izzy and Steven being drug addicts?

How about every one of them fucking different groupies in every city they ever went to?

It's rock and roll people. Deal with it.

Merck is supposed to be a professional. I expect a professionals attitude from him. Him saying what he said is by all means NOT professional at all. I don't give a fuck about his opinion.

Edited by kevin

Good God, some of you are such whiny bitches.

WHO FUCKING CARES

you just described 95% of the forum, wanna narrow it down a little?

This is being bandied about in multiple threads, and now with this, has its own thread.

Its the opinion of a guy who is no longer even in the mix. Who the hell cares? This, to me, is no different then getting a press release from Buckethead's hand puppet.

Add in the bit where she wants to sleep with Slash. :rolleyes:

In terms of technical skill - the new band is better. In terms of releases, the old. In terms of potential, I think the new clinches it.

I think Merck did his job okay to be fair. He's gunna catch a bit of backlash yes - but at least he said it.