Who would you pick . . . velvet or the new gnr?

Guest Apollo

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you for responding though! And I agree with you. I'd take CD over Contraband any day of the year!!!! As would 99% of all record companies.

You don't know that. Only reason New GNR AND VR have a chance in an industry that is now dominated by hip-hop and r&b is BECAUSE of their history. Without that, who knows if either would get a second look.

Sweety, but I do know it. And deep inside that heart of yours . . .you know it too.

Songs like Better, IRS, CITR, TWAT, The Blues, Madagascar, Chinese Democracy BLOW away anything that Velvet Revolver has put out.

except that superhuman, loving the alien, sucker train blues, and dirty little thing are all better than any of those.

better is the only one that really compares.

Unless axl's got some stronger material up his sleeve, I'd pick VR in a heartbeat

Edited by angry anderson

I honestly think that VR would be my choice just because they would fit in better at hard rock radio. The GNR songs wouldn't fit well in any one format which presents a problem. They are not quite Top 40 or rock radio. They would sit in some uncomfortable in between zone that could result in ZERO airplay. While the songs may have more creative lyrics and interesting song structures, they would likely be too different for the average audience. GNR would be a band that would take years to develop and the likelihood of a return on investment would not be a sure thing. VR on the otherhand would be successful out of the gate. They would peak fast and gradually decrease sales with each subsequent album. The band would last only 5 albums and would peter out by the ten year mark but the return on investment would be sure.

As the music of the new Guns N' Roses is hardly in the mainstream and what we've heard so far is unlikely to really shake up the industry, I would invest in Velvet Revolver. There is a market for hard-rock still, and if they have their album finished then this means it's relatively low-risk.

GNR have ten more tracks that you haven't heard - they could all be absolute filler. The singer's voices doesn't fit as well into today's musical landscape as Weilands.

*NOTE* - The above is based PURELY on if GNR and Velvet Revolver had never existed before. Obviously in the real-life situation things are different.

Who'd sign a band with a high pitched screamer in the year 2006?

I would take that over a low tuned fucking grunting mother fucker.

yeah, then the higher ups in your record company would go "what the fuck is this" and cancel the contract and fire your ass for bringing weird shit in...

Sure velvet revolver have a few good tunes, but they sound stale to me, nothing that really excites me, however gun's do excite me, even though some of their new songs are several years old now they still sound fresh, and i can't wait to hear the studio versions of them.

Assuming we have heard 6-7 new songs from chinese democracy, already it is way beyond Velvet Revolver's album, and i'll doubt very seriously that there will be any "filler" on guns' new album, its a no brainer really, hardly worth a discussion, but you do make some valid points.