GNR tour starting in Mar in Dubai

uzeurilluzion

"detailed meetings on the touring which on this basis would start in Dubai just before the album's release"

I caught this the second time i read it. So GNR are planning on touring again when the album is launched starting in Dubai. Can't wait til they hit the States again!!!! This will be the REAL Chinese Democracy Tour. rock3

Edited by uzeurilluzion

"detailed meetings on the touring which on this basis would start in Dubai just before the album's release"

I caught this the second time i read it. So GNR are planning on touring again when the album is launched starting in Dubai. Can't wait til they hit the States again!!!! This will be the REAL Chinese Democracy Tour. rock3

Wasn't there a post by one of the moderators @ newgnr.com, before the European tour, stating GNR would play a NYE show, or something like that in Dubai. I remember, Merck shot it down, but now it's clear, someone actually had caught wind of their plans.

My question is, why Dubai? Will it be for U.S. troops?

I do remember something along those lines as well. There are actually many Arab GNR fans. When I was in Turkey I met a group of Egyptians who were all GNR fans. And I know many myself. I do hope however it is for the Troops.

^^ oh. I picture dubai as all desert with a few camels and a couple pakis.

They are building some insain structures there including the world's tallest building which should finish around 2009. Though it is not an open minded country at all...

http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=htt...=image&cd=1

Edited by smokingarthur

Dubai is the most progressive city on the planet.

The most progressive? I would have to disagree because there is a reason Dubai is doing this. And the reasons are far from noble. How socially progressive do you think Dubai really is?

burjtower2fq4.jpg

Edited by smokingarthur

Dubai is the most progressive city on the planet.

The most progressive? I would have to disagree because there is a reason Dubai is doing this. And the reasons are far from noble. How socially progressive do you think Dubai really is?

When I was living there, I had more freedom than I do here. My friends-both male and female-also did.

There are definitely a lot of people there who are stuck in the 30's, but that's expected for a city which was merely a small fishing town 40-50 years ago. Racial and religious acceptance is also dramatically improving. Back in 1998 I remember hearing some really horrible shit about jews, indians, and pakistanis, very disgusting racial tirades, now that would happen very rarely. The city changes every single day, culturally, financially, musically, architecturally... In every way.

I'm not saying it's the most progressed city, but rather the most progressive. I have been to nearly all the major cities in the world and stayed for at least a week in each, and none is changing as drastically as Dubai.

EDIT: For those interested in seeing a bit more of Dubai: http://www.mygnrforum.com/index.php?showtopic=75826&st=0

There's only about two of Dubai, so yeah, read the subtitles.

Edited by adnan

Some would find the use of the word "paki" as very insulting. Me included.

not cool at all.

Paki isn't offenisive at all. It's just a abbreviation sort of word. Easier to say.

Just like calling a telephone- a phone.

not cool at all.

Paki isn't offenisive at all. It's just a abbreviation sort of word. Easier to say.

yeah...kinda like calling someone spic - short for hispanic. or heeb, for hebrew. or jap, for japanese person. just easier to say, right?

not cool at all.

yeah...kinda like calling someone spic - short for hispanic. or heeb, for hebrew. or jap, for japanese person. just easier to say, right?

Those could be offensive.

But...

Palestinian/ Palastean/ Palistiaean or whatever is way to hard to spell.

Paki is much easier.

not cool at all.

But...

Paki is much easier.

i think in the US sometimes people use the word paki just as an abbreviation for Pakistani, while in other places theres a much more racist connotation. i know for instance that in britain the term paki is considered very derogatory and is used to insult Asians.

Different people have different beliefs, and different people interpret things in a different way. Everything, and everybody is different. The use of the word "Paki" may not be insulting to some people but may be insulting to others. The main point that we all have to understand is that in no way, shape, or form did Jackamo use that word in a slanderous, hurtful, or detrimental way. Once we can all accept that as the main point, the different cultures and meanings behind certain ideas can coexist and not feel insulted.

This is not meant to be a knock on anybody...I'm just stating my stance on the issue of some people being insulted over a word or phrase whereas the person using it does not look at it in an insulting manner.

Edited by 3rd Wheel

Wasn't there a post by one of the moderators @ newgnr.com, before the European tour, stating GNR would play a NYE show, or something like that in Dubai. I remember, Merck shot it down, but now it's clear, someone actually had caught wind of their plans.

My question is, why Dubai? Will it be for U.S. troops?

Dubai doesn't have any US troops... And why not?

not cool at all.

But...

Paki is much easier.

:blink:

So was it Palestinian or Pakistani that you were trying to say?

Because both of them are slightly different. :rolleyes:

Anyways ontopic: Dubai is a great city, and this is very exciting for anybody attending it there.

Dubai is going through 160 years of change in about 5 years. Its crazy. And seriously guys, while we're into progressivism here, quit being offended by words. This is the internet, very rarley do words carry any weight with them. However, I've found that in the rest of your life, not taking things seriously makes living alot easier. But then again this comes from an alcoholic white male American...so take it with a grain of salt.

there's a rock festival in dubai on march 9/10

just saw it on blabbermouth

yeah its called "desert strom"..some initial lineup contains bands like

Prodigy

Incubus

Children Of Bodom

In Flames

Prime Circle

Mastodon

Stone Sour

and they havnt announced the headliner's yet.....may be GnR as well

im asian but that doesnt interfere with what goes on in my life,

the only crap i get is from chavs, they can all suck cocks

i say paki all the time and i hear people from different origins or races say it and im not offended because

they know i dont really care but in the end its just a word

but i have a band also and we get more respect from the crowd than any other bands in BOTB competitions

FUCK YEAH!

and the Dubai thing

think its pretty cool but i never saw this in the merck statement

Edited by The Snatcher Of The Pie