Has anyone heard anything about Brain lately?

datdude133d

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

according to brain's official website, he recorded and composed for guns between 2000-2003. it's a pretty new website, so... it also should be mentioned that his other band, Praxis (which includes buckethead, bill laswell, etc) have been making an album for quite some time now called "Profanation (Preparation for a Coming Darkness)." but when that will be released remains to be seen. my opinion? brain knew the album wasn't coming out this year, and felt he could give up some pointless touring to spend time with his new child. i predict he'll be back for 2007. but.. you never know in the world of gnr.

www.wayofthebrain.com

Edited by bucketfan27

my opinion? brain knew the album wasn't coming out this year, and felt he could give up some pointless touring to spend time with his new child. i predict he'll be back for 2007. but.. you never know in the world of gnr.

www.wayofthebrain.com

If he KNEW (for a fact) that the album would not be out in 2006 then there was a lot more information going on behind the cutains than we've heard even from the open letters and even then he would be taking the risk that he would be replaced by the time he felt like droping back in for the real release.

My gut says he's out.

my opinion? brain knew the album wasn't coming out this year, and felt he could give up some pointless touring to spend time with his new child. i predict he'll be back for 2007. but.. you never know in the world of gnr.

www.wayofthebrain.com

If he KNEW (for a fact) that the album would not be out in 2006 then there was a lot more information going on behind the cutains than we've heard even from the open letters and even then he would be taking the risk that he would be replaced by the time he felt like droping back in for the real release.

My gut says he's out.

interesting. merck did address the issue though, and frank is "just another member of the gnr family".... i guess it would be easier for axl to just phase brain out, since he already has another drummer. he doesn't have to have a "brain bashing" session like when bucket left. and wasn't frank the drum tech before he joined? im not sure about that. seems like Love Spit Love reunion is going on though...

uh...two different replies? lemme rephrase, nothing official says he's left right?

No - but something official says he's still in. ;)

really? :):) where at?

Merck (before he was fired) assured us that Brain was "still in the band" - just taking leave to be with his newborn kid.

uh...two different replies? lemme rephrase, nothing official says he's left right?

No - but something official says he's still in. ;)

really? :):) where at?

Merck (before he was fired) assured us that Brain was "still in the band" - just taking leave to be with his newborn kid.

oh. i did read that. must've escaped me in all the talk of firings and release dates. thank you :):) just a thread on here threw me. thanx again

Edited by frankwhite

No one really knows if his in or out. According to Merck he was still in the band buit we all know how trust worthy Merck is.... ...so I guess that it could be either way. Personally I think he is out but still on a acontract and when that contract runs out we will get an official statement about his departure from the band.

I think Brain actually quit. I think this because it was Buckethead who basically brought Brain on board to GNR, and when Buckethead left, it was Brain who was left in a band that just parted ways with Buckethead. So I think two different camps were in that band. Brain who probably stood up for Buckethead (and is probably not a fan of Ron Thal, as he took Buckets spot) and the rest of the band.

I definitely think there was a divide and Brain just said 'fuck it' and left.

• 4 weeks later...