Why do people turn on the old members like Bucket and Brain?

someguyintheelevator

I've never heard such shit!

Does it really matter?

Personally, after seeing both drummers live I prefer 'Frank' but neither of them come close to 'Sorum'.. So who cares who stays and who goes! As long as the don't replace the singer.. Bothered!

Can we stop pretending this is Guns n' Roses! This is the 'Axl Rose' band.. Period!!

Only one man has to stay!

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The best thing about last nights show was no more brain. Hopefully Frank is the drummer for good. He was more active then brain and frank kicks ass.

I sometimes miss buckethead. He was great. Brain is a good drummer he just didn't seem into it. Nobody complemeted buckethead unto he was gone then everyone bitched. They complained when he joined and when he left.

Kaneda, bucketfan27 & dann......Great fucking posts guys, I couldn't have put it any better myself.

I don't have much too add, other than I seen the band live in 2002, and twice in 2006. Bucket was the highlight of the show in 2002, just fucking awesome and mesmerizing. No stage presence?......complete ignorant bullshit, one does not need to wear leather pants, run around and smoke a cigarette to have stage presence.

The 2006 shows were also brilliant. Axl and the band as a whole sound better, but it just wasn't quite the same without the mighty Bucket up there on stage. As much as I like Ron, he just doesn't come close to matching Big B.

Regarding Buckethead's appearence, I've read hundreds upon hundreds of messages over the past 6+ years with people moaning about how he looks like a freak, moron, etc, etc, etc.......and I can't really be arsed commenting on it anymore. If his image was/is really that important to you, well then that's you're problem.

Buckethead was the best thing to happen to GnR, and him leaving has been the greatest loss.

In your opinion....

2002 was a complete mess, 2006 was so much better for many reasons not just bucket leaving, but I find it bizarre to the point of thinking you're lying to say 2002 was in anyway better.... if he was the highlight of the show then something can't have been right!

LP

Of course it's my opinion, but you're saying I'm lying beacause my opinion differs from yours? Right.....

First of all, I never said the 2002 performance was better, although the Leeds festival gig was amazing. I stated that I thought Bucket was the highlight of the show, by that I meant not the ONLY highlight of the show, just that his performance throughout was superb and a standout. Bucket is/was a highlight of any show, it's just a shame that you're too ignorant to see, or should I say HEAR that.

You seem pretty hooked up on this whole KFC bucket, mask thing huh?.....You're the perfect example of the same old shit I've been reading on here since 2000.

P.S. I think Bucket surpasses Slash, so you're wrong there too.

No I didn't say you were lying.... Christ... I just said that I believe 2006 is so much better than 2002 that if anyone prefers it then I almost think they're lying because it's hard to understand anyone would think that way.... anyway....

I'm not hooked up on the mask thing - he's not in GnR so I'm happy to forget.... it's people who keep bringing him up that are hooked on Bucket... it's funny people defend bucket by saying "it doesn't matter what he looks like if he plays great...." well if that were the case why the fuck does he wear masks and stuff if it doesn't matter - he seems to think it does....

Another thing... touring provides a chance to put visuals to the music so appearance matters a fucking lot. No it doesn't matter if he's butt-ugly, but dressing like a cunt is something different.

In MY opinion I want to see a guitarist with emotion as well as talent that doesn't look like a cunt. With a mask you can't see the emotion. Standing still all night shows nothing either. Wearing a bucket makes you look like a cunt. So I prefer Slash and Ron live.

In terms of ability you can't knock bucket, but I don't think you can with Ron therefore, the perfect mix of talent and emotion is Ron.

It's unlikely we'll ever be able to compare the 2 properly on GnR albums, so all we've got is live shows so far. If that is the case then I'd take Ron that's all.

I'm not too ignorant to "hear" buckets talent, I was at that leeds gig and thought he was pretty good... just because I don't class this as a highlight doesn't mean I'm ignorant. I thought he was wrong in 2002 and I think he was/is wrong in 2006. That's just differing tastes. All I'm doing is trying to articulate why I believe Ron is better for GnR, not say you are wrong.

LP

The best thing about last nights show was no more brain. Hopefully Frank is the drummer for good. He was more active then brain and frank kicks ass.

Hey Mr Moderator Sir.

I would never call Buckethead a old member technicly you're right but I never said that. I liked Buckethead.

Your question is a good question though because everyine hated buckethead when he joined and was then pist when he left.

I don't like Brain though. I was telling him a story how cool Axl was to me he acted like I was an ass and Axl was just nice to me cause I am a fan. Brain seemed to not really care about Guns N Roses so I am happy he is gone.

The current band looks great and freaks like Buckethead does not fit into Guns n Roses. Can't believe that some of you want Buckethead in there just because of his skills.

yeah, it's hard to believe people like you want some one that isn't as good as Bucket, as long as they look cool on stage...who cares if they play like crap? :lol:

I understand everyone has an opinion and view, and that's cool, if you are negative and have valid reasons, then respect. The people who turn on ex-members/managers because they "betrayed" Axl, or because Axl doesn't like them are just down right stupid, and need to start thinking for themselves - Vicarious existance is a fucking waste of time -- Ironic? :P

The fact of the matter is Axl wanted them to be in the band. Buckethead is an amazing guitarist, you don't get much better than him, and the same goes for Brain on drums. Axl must have thought we won the jackpot when he got this package deal.

I always knew that Axl and Bucket wouldn't last, just very very different people. I knew Bucket would leave/get fired/whatever... I just enjoyed watching them play together and dreamed of what they could come up with in the studio... When we got the news that Bucket was no longer in GN'R I was bummed, but I come to expect it to happen, I was still a big fan of both guys and said it was good while it lasted. Bumblefoot was the perfect replacement, I fucking love the guy, couldn't be happier that he is part of my favourite band. Does that mean I have turned my back on Buckethead, and even Slash? fuck no... They are all part of the GN'R legacy and they all provided something special. I still follow everything they do -- Yes you can also like VR and "New" GN'R - No we don't have to take sides! :rolleyes::rofl-lol:

Frank is a solid drummer, and he plays the songs well live, I cannot comment on anything he has done studio wise... he sure has what it takes to be in the band. Just one problem with him... He is not Brain, I'm sure even Frank himself would admit Brain is a better drummer... Brain taught Frank the songs... My view is that Brain is the best drummer GN'R have ever had... Frank is the second best they have had...

I respect Brain's decision to sit out the tour, he loves to play it must have been hard for him. I am not a Father so I don't know what it's like to bring a Baby into the world, but the way I see it is that he did the right thing, and I am happy for him and his family. If you chose to hold this against him, then you have no heart, or are just a dick.

I hope Frank is keeping the seat warn for Brain ;)

Brain it better than Frank imo. But Frank does the job.

I am on the other side,very happy that Buckethead left, he did not fit in at all. Ron fits better, even though I don't see the need for him there. His guitar is completely mised out at the gigs. 2 guitarsit would have been enough. And that should be Ron and Richard Fortus I think.

Or if I got to choose you alle know who the two would be;)

The current band looks great and freaks like Buckethead does not fit into Guns n Roses. Can't believe that some of you want Buckethead in there just because of his skills.

yeah, it's hard to believe people like you want some one that isn't as good as Bucket, as long as they look cool on stage...who cares if they play like crap? :lol:

*cough* ROBIN!! *cough*

I sometimes miss buckethead. He was great. Brain is a good drummer he just didn't seem into it. Nobody complemeted buckethead unto he was gone then everyone bitched. They complained when he joined and when he left.

youve seriously gotta stop quoting yourself, its like calling yourself on your phone and talking

I'll tell you why:

Because they abandonned us like the old guys did, while we GNR fans took every bullshit we had to take all those years in order to stick with our favorit band. That's probably the reason.

The old guys didn't abandon you. They abandoned recording a ton of music without vocals. They abandoned a self-rightous dictator of a lead singer. They abandoned 8 more years of still waiting to release a follow-up to the UYI albums.

They gave you something Axl doesn't want you to have: new music. Is it great? No, but it's better than a few 4-8 year old songs being played as though they are new and keeping up with the changes in the music industry. If anybody other than Axl was doing this, everybody would look the other way. But it's Axl, so you keep looking and calling mediocre songs great.

The old guys didn't abandon you. Axl did. But instead of just cutting ties, he kept you hanging on until you've become a junkie that just wants more from him regardless of how good it is. :no:

Brain it better than Frank imo. But Frank does the job.

I am on the other side,very happy that Buckethead left, he did not fit in at all. Ron fits better, even though I don't see the need for him there. His guitar is completely mised out at the gigs. 2 guitarsit would have been enough. And that should be Ron and Richard Fortus I think.

Or if I got to choose you alle know who the two would be;)

Bumble's guitar will not be missed out on the album. Axl want's to make an epic album, that's why he has Bumblefoot, and had Buckethead.

I personally like Frank better. I thought he was outstanding at the show I went to last month, and he played the songs more like Matt/Steven did. Brain invents his own things sometimes, which I guess is okay, but when I go to a Guns N' Roses show, I usually hope to hear the songs the way they should sound.

that's why i hate everytime finck just destroys the art slash created in the solo of sweet child o mine

i think we'll never be happy enough with what new GnR is bcause we will always compare them with the old band, and although the new band may have beter musicians, it just isnt the same. At least I wont be satisfied enough no matter how good the musicians are, because i will always look back and see the old band, with slash's solos, that were not technically the best, but at least they had feeling and they reflected evreything GnR had to go through to get where they were

Edited by slashfan31

:sleeper::sleeper:

Who the fuck is Brain or BH??

They were hired musicians, not "old members" of Guns, so no need to talk about them at all ;)

They're the musicians you'll be listening to for years to come on 'Chinese Democracy', that's who....

Hired Guns? oh please, like we haven't heard that term used a thousand times before, Mr. Originality.

They were hired musicians, not "old members" of Guns, so no need to talk about them at all ;)

They're the musicians you'll be listening to for years to come on 'Chinese Democracy', that's who....

Hired Guns? oh please, like we haven't heard that term used a thousand times before, Mr. Originality.

Thanks for pointing out that this term has been used a thousand times before Mr. Obvious :P

There is no need to be original when it comes to those guys ;)

I'll be listening to Axls music, Axls voice. Unfortunately without a beautiful solo by Slash but rather some shredding crap by some paid, unknown musician.

My point is, I don't care about some Brain guy being in the band or not, if he's out, there will be someone else. As long as he can play his instrument well enough to perform AFD and UYI songs, it's fine with me.

I do believe Brain is still in the band compadre! :huh:

You know how I think about that Ron :)

but seriously, what's the difference if Brain or that current guy (what's his face?) are on drums??? :question:

I have only taken the time to see Bucketheads work for a short time, but he is CLEARLY the best GUITAR player GNR has had. Slash WAS and STILL IS GNR. But, buckethead is a better player. Slash is as original is they come though, from the top(hat) down. Buckethead is obviously original as well, but his fast paced style of play went out of popular style in the late 80s. Slash brought more blues to the show, and with the emotion he released he connected with everyone in the show even, though he didnt come out and hang out and shake hands.

Alot of being a GNR fan, in my opinion, is being a fan of the guys. Dont misunderstand me- the music is why we are here, but we all feel a connection with Axl, Slash and so on..... I can understand Buckets costume. He is a fucking awesome player, but is not interested in the fame. He can walk down the street, or go to a Lakers game and not be noticed !! What is that worth ??

With Axl being the only AFD member left, we(the general public) need someone to connect with, and Bucket wasnt interested.

We dont have a lead player to connect with, and for a "brand"(which is what GNR is if u like it or not) that is bad.

Axl at this point doesnt care about that, he is concerned with AT LEAST clearing his name with this album, if not reclaiming his throne.

My point is: You could put Eric Clapton on stage with Axl and it would not bring in the fans like if slash was still there, but since we dont have that, we need an "image" to replace him with and Bucket wasnt interested. He got what he wanted. He got to play on stage with Axl, shred some of the best songs ever written, and keep his identity private. We now need someone to take slashs place. Some who can go on the other side of Axl's coin. I have faith in all three of the guys right now, but someone needs to take charge and take the lead. Maybe thats coming.....

Edited by gnfnr2006

The Freak or the Geek? I'm taking the freak and picking Bucket. I'm sure the talking metal guys would go with the geek and pick Ron. Uncle Axl better rectify the situation before he tries to scam us again with another "We Just Need a Bit More Money to Finish Chinese Democracy Tour", next year. I would go door to door selling chocolates to raise money for the album, if Axl would use the money to get Brain and Bucket back. Come on Axl, lets get a little extra crispy recipe going for 2007.

Edited by Randy Lahey

he can you not see that brain is a gift for this band? are you deaf? are you?

frank is a great guy,a good drummer...but live the songs are loosing a lot of their 'greatness' for a lack

of a better word...they sound bigger when brain is playing them...and more uniqe (sp?) for that matter...

buckethead is and always was fuckin' amazing...he really is one of the best for me...

when all is said and done Bucket and Brain were NEVER GNR memebrs..They were touring musicians..session players thats all...fuckin paul huge was more a member of GNR cuz he actually played on a song that was released (sympathy for the devil)

Edited by jaypayton