Why do people turn on the old members like Bucket and Brain?

someguyintheelevator

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Freak or the Geek? I'm taking the freak and picking Bucket. I'm sure the talking metal guys would go with the geek and pick Ron. Uncle Axl better rectify the situation before he tries to scam us again with another "We Just Need a Bit More Money to Finish Chinese Democracy Tour", next year. I would go door to door selling chocolates to raise money for the album, if Axl would use the money to get Brain and Bucket back. Come on Axl, lets get a little extra crispy recipe going for 2007.

am with you dude! :lol:

Bring Bucket back AXL! rock4

Bucket doesnt want to be a part of the GNR band or the GNR fans. He never did. Hence the bucket !! Fuck Buckethead. :fuckyou: Hes too good for us....

All the bucket fans here treat him like a girlfriend who USED you, but are still in love ! WTF ?

Edited by gnfnr2006

Bucket doesnt want to be a part of the GNR band or the GNR fans. He never did. Hence the bucket !! Fuck Buckethead. :fuckyou: Hes too good for us....

All the bucket fans here treat him like a girlfriend who USED you, but are still in love ! WTF ?

rock3

His understanding of the guitar is ABSOLUTELY FUCKING AMAZING...and thank you for the link.....but its just like I said. Its like dating a knockot, a 9.5 out of 10, and after she kicks you to the curb, cause she was only with you for your car, then you go begging her to take you back. Fuck that !!

That link did nothing for me - his playing in GNR is much better than that. This link was in the sidebar:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=86DEKFissl4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KxJBr9PmiUE

Sure he can play, but what the hell is wrong with this guy? Hard to take a guy like that seriously.

These are pretty neat though:

I'm a big acoustic fan, so I'll give him props on this one too:

Edited by CDNGNR

I'll tell you why:

Because they abandonned us like the old guys did, while we GNR fans took every bullshit we had to take all those years in order to stick with our favorit band. That's probably the reason.

The old guys didn't abandon you. They abandoned recording a ton of music without vocals. They abandoned a self-rightous dictator of a lead singer. They abandoned 8 more years of still waiting to release a follow-up to the UYI albums.

They gave you something Axl doesn't want you to have: new music. Is it great? No, but it's better than a few 4-8 year old songs being played as though they are new and keeping up with the changes in the music industry. If anybody other than Axl was doing this, everybody would look the other way. But it's Axl, so you keep looking and calling mediocre songs great.

The old guys didn't abandon you. Axl did. But instead of just cutting ties, he kept you hanging on until you've become a junkie that just wants more from him regardless of how good it is. :no:

I'm sorry sir, but if you don't mind, I'll stick to my own opinion. Especially when the old guys try everything in their legal power to prevent the new version of GNR from happening, AND trying to sell out Guns catalogue for sleazy ads and cheap projects. You can say about Axl whateveer you want, but one thing is for sure: He didn't sell out GNR catalogue when he needed the money, he went back touring. You have your opinion and I have mine, so don't tell me how I should interpret the last 10 years of Guns.

:sleeper::sleeper:

Who the fuck is Brain or BH??

They were hired musicians, not "old members" of Guns, so no need to talk about them at all ;)

They're the musicians you'll be listening to for years to come on 'Chinese Democracy', that's who....

Hired Guns? oh please, like we haven't heard that term used a thousand times before, Mr. Originality.

Thanks for pointing out that this term has been used a thousand times before Mr. Obvious :P

There is no need to be original when it comes to those guys ;)

I'll be listening to Axls music, Axls voice. Unfortunately without a beautiful solo by Slash but rather some shredding crap by some paid, unknown musician.

My point is, I don't care about some Brain guy being in the band or not, if he's out, there will be someone else. As long as he can play his instrument well enough to perform AFD and UYI songs, it's fine with me.

Shredding crap? Don't care that Brain isn't in the band anymore? Glad that Bucket is gone?

Instead of further arguing with you, I'll post this clip instead, featuring Bucket and Brain. It speaks for itself.

Also, Nottingam Lace......... amazing.

Shredding crap my fucking arse!

Edited by DCK82

I'll tell you why:

Because they abandonned us like the old guys did, while we GNR fans took every bullshit we had to take all those years in order to stick with our favorit band. That's probably the reason.

The old guys didn't abandon you. They abandoned recording a ton of music without vocals. They abandoned a self-rightous dictator of a lead singer. They abandoned 8 more years of still waiting to release a follow-up to the UYI albums.

They gave you something Axl doesn't want you to have: new music. Is it great? No, but it's better than a few 4-8 year old songs being played as though they are new and keeping up with the changes in the music industry. If anybody other than Axl was doing this, everybody would look the other way. But it's Axl, so you keep looking and calling mediocre songs great.

The old guys didn't abandon you. Axl did. But instead of just cutting ties, he kept you hanging on until you've become a junkie that just wants more from him regardless of how good it is. :no:

I'm sorry sir, but if you don't mind, I'll stick to my own opinion. Especially when the old guys try everything in their legal power to prevent the new version of GNR from happening, AND trying to sell out Guns catalogue for sleazy ads and cheap projects. You can say about Axl whateveer you want, but one thing is for sure: He didn't sell out GNR catalogue when he needed the money, he went back touring. You have your opinion and I have mine, so don't tell me how I should interpret the last 10 years of Guns.

Axl isn't selling out by playing AFD with hired hands? Please. I don't blame anybody for trying to stop the new version from happening. More people should have tried. Additionally, you have no clue what Slash and Duff intended to do or what their motivations were, so save your breath on that one. All you do is make yourself appear uneducated on the subject and that's not what you want to strive for when backing up your opinion.

You are welcome to your opinion. Nowhere did I say you weren't. I just wanted to point out how you've allowed it to become twisted by the lies and misinformation coming from the GNR camp instead of basing it on common sense and reality. You are welcome to operate that way if you so choose, but when you say something stupid as a result, it will be addressed.

Axl isn't selling out by playing AFD with hired hands? Please.

Why is that selling out?

Please enlighten us oh wise one.

LP

That's pretty obvious.

Great posts Urlacher54. I agree 100 %.

No it isn't. What is your definition of selling out?!!

Performing the songs live very well at a concert is selling out? Are VR selling out when they do them then?

Urlacher says Roy79 is uneducated, but I don't think he quite understands the term "selling out" if he thinks Guns N Roses playing Guns N Roses songs live is selling out. Surely calling a band Guns N Roses and NOT performing Guns N Roses songs would be worse.

LP

Why is that selling out?

LP

That's pretty obvious.

Performing the songs live very well at a concert is selling out? Are VR selling out when they do them then?

Urlacher says Roy79 is uneducated, but I don't think he quite understands the term "selling out" if he thinks Guns N Roses playing Guns N Roses songs live is selling out. Surely calling a band Guns N Roses and NOT performing Guns N Roses songs would be worse.

LP

Actually, I said he makes himself appear uneducated, not that he was. If you're going to quote me, please do so accurately.

On to your question:

Calling this band Guns n Roses is selling out. Touring playing almost exclusively the old music is selling out. Falsely promising a new album so people will show up at the concerts is selling out. Cancelling the shows that a couple thousand loyal fans bought tickets to because you couldn't quite sell enough tickets is selling out. Cancelling the remainder of a tour to finish an album that should have been finished years ago isn't selling out, but it is interesting considering the ticket sales for those shows. :book:

Is VR selling out because they play a couple GNR songs at their shows? No, because their set list is dominated by their own music. If they toured playing mainly GnR and STP songs and mixed 3 or 4 songs of their own in, that would be selling out.

Selling out isn't what the new band has been doing in the US either.

Edited by Urlacher54

Why is that selling out?

LP

That's pretty obvious.

LP

Actually, I said he makes himself appear uneducated, not that he was. If you're going to quote me, please do so accurately.

On to your question:

Calling this band Guns n Roses is selling out. Touring playing almost exclusively the old music is selling out. Falsely promising a new album so people will show up at the concerts is selling out. Cancelling the shows that a couple thousand loyal fans bought tickets to because you couldn't quite sell enough tickets is selling out. Cancelling the remainder of a tour to finish an album that should have been finished years ago isn't selling out, but it is interesting considering the ticket sales for those shows. :book:

Is VR selling out because they play a couple GNR songs at their shows? No, because their set list is dominated by their own music. If they toured playing mainly GnR and STP songs and mixed 3 or 4 songs of their own in, that would be selling out.

Selling out isn't what the new band has been doing in the US either.

Bizarre.... selling out in my book is doing something against ones nature for financial gain with no artistic merit. i.e. selling songs to be used in adverts etc...

I don't see how any of your reasons fit that. The whole GnR name thing isn't selling out, your reasons against using this name is nothing to do with selling out, and some of your reasons for not wanting it called GnR I would no doubt agree with. But it's legal and it's always been this way.

People seeing Guns N Roses want to hear Guns N Roses songs. Them touring as Guns N Roses to get people to come and see them and not playing those songs would be more selling out than them playing the songs. The other reason is the album is not out so it's unlikely any band would play more than 5 new songs.

The album - I don't believe they falsey promised the album. I think they intended to release it but it didn't happen. But promising an album and not delivering probably hurts them more than helps them, so this is the opposite of selling out surely? But if you believe they promised the album falsey then we just have to disagree and move on.

Cancelling shows and giving refunds is actually not making them any money at all and is potentially losing them fans and therefore money/popularity so hardly selling out either.

Sure everyone on this site believes the album should have been finished and released before now. I'd rather they cancelled 3/4 shows and got that ready rather than further delay the album. And of course this would allow them to play more new songs and not trick people into buying tickets which would eliminate most of your issues with the new band.

However, I still think your definition/examples of selling out are completely misguided. Being a publicity whore, selling your soul to the devil and giving your songs to every film advertising offer that comes along, releasing substandard albums year after year to milk any publicity etc... is selling out in my eyes. releasing no albums and touring twice in 13 years is the exact opposite.

but you carry on and merry christmas or whatever you're supposed to say these days. :xmasschef2:

LP

I'll tell you why:

Axl isn't selling out by playing AFD with hired hands? Please. I don't blame anybody for trying to stop the new version from happening. More people should have tried. Additionally, you have no clue what Slash and Duff intended to do or what their motivations were, so save your breath on that one. All you do is make yourself appear uneducated on the subject and that's not what you want to strive for when backing up your opinion.

You are welcome to your opinion. Nowhere did I say you weren't. I just wanted to point out how you've allowed it to become twisted by the lies and misinformation coming from the GNR camp instead of basing it on common sense and reality. You are welcome to operate that way if you so choose, but when you say something stupid as a result, it will be addressed.

First of all, when you want to call someone a stupid asshole, then please do so! Don't say "All you do is make yourself appear uneducated on the subject", I won't bite you my friend.

Second of all, we have a different opinion on selling out.

You think 'selling out' is doing EVERYthing within your powers to keep Guns N' Roses allive, even if that would mean firing and hiring bandmembers, booking a tour to make money out of your fans in order to finance the release of the upcoming album (which has been in the making way too long), using misleading promotion to get as many people to come see the show to make that money, but meanwhile playing your ass off to give the fans the best show possible and at the same time not giving away too much of the new material (for established musicians internet is a bitch nowadays).

The fact that there are so many active GNR fans confirms that there still is a great unfullfilled demand for more GNR material. Getting that material to the fans using any means necessary is fair to me as a fan.

For me 'selling out' is doing EVERYthing within your power to terminate Guns N' Roses after you decided not to be part of the band anymore. Even after you started a new band and sell your new album well, you still want to make money out of the old band (while you yourself didn't want to be part of GNR anymore) by selling the old tunes whenever possible. Even if that would mean using 'It's so easy' as the new advertisement tune for the ab-shaper2000 on Tell-Sell. Or 'You could be mine' for the new slogan tune for the US Army, sang by Uncle Sam. Even if you know that there are thousands of fans supporting and enjoying the new GNR and waiting for new material. But hey....of course you only gain money from the old songs, since you didn't participate in the new material. And as soon as new material arrives that COULD be a risk for the old tunes (less playtime) and your pension. Did you ever think of that?

Anyway, I'm a fan of both GNR and VR. And I understand that you want you're share in everything you helped create. BUT I'm not a fan of old bandmembers trying to prevent GNR from moving on forward and further develloping (which the fans apparently ask for keeping in mind the anticipation for CD and the number of tickets sold), in order to ensure their GNR royalties and thus their pension. Or do you think Slash bought that black Aston Martin from VR royalties?

Anyway, Merry Christmas motherfucker.

Edited by Roy79

First of all, when you want to call someone a stupid asshole, then please do so! Don't say "All you do is make yourself appear uneducated on the subject", I won't bite you my friend.

Second of all, we have a different opinion on selling out.

You think 'selling out' is doing EVERYthing within your powers to keep Guns N' Roses allive, even if that would mean firing and hiring bandmembers, booking a tour to make money out of your fans in order to finance the release of the upcoming album (which has been in the making way too long), using misleading promotion to get as many people to come see the show to make that money, but meanwhile playing your ass off to give the fans the best show possible and at the same time not giving away too much of the new material (for established musicians internet is a bitch nowadays).

The fact that there are so many active GNR fans confirms that there still is a great unfullfilled demand for more GNR material. Getting that material to the fans using any means necessary is fair to me as a fan.

For me 'selling out' is doing EVERYthing within your power to terminate Guns N' Roses after you decided not to be part of the band anymore. Even after you started a new band and sell your new album well, you still want to make money out of the old band (while you yourself didn't want to be part of GNR anymore) by selling the old tunes whenever possible. Even if that would mean using 'It's so easy' as the new advertisement tune for the ab-shaper2000 on Tell-Sell. Or 'You could be mine' for the new slogan tune for the US Army, sang by Uncle Sam. Even if you know that there are thousands of fans supporting and enjoying the new GNR and waiting for new material. But hey....of course you only gain money from the old songs, since you didn't participate in the new material. And as soon as new material arrives that COULD be a risk for the old tunes (less playtime) and your pension. Did you ever think of that?

Anyway, I'm a fan of both GNR and VR. And I understand that you want you're share in everything you helped create. BUT I'm not a fan of old bandmembers trying to prevent GNR from moving on forward and further develloping (which the fans apparently ask for keeping in mind the anticipation for CD and the number of tickets sold), in order to ensure their GNR royalties and thus their pension. Or do you think Slash bought that black Aston Martin from VR royalties?

Anyway, Merry Christmas motherfucker.

If I wanted to call you a stupid asshole, I'd call you a stupid asshole. Clearly you are not stupid, you just say some stupid things. There is a major difference between the two.

We can agree to disagree. This isn't keeping GNR alive, it's keeping Axl's career alive. GNR died quite a few years ago, and you could argue that it started to die when Izzy left (I believe that to be true). I hope Axl does well with his solo career, I hope Slash and Duff do well with VR or solo projects or whatever they decide to do.

I don't blame them one bit for trying to stop Axl from ruining the name of the band that they helped create. I applaud them for it. If Axl is going to do everything he can do to cash in on the name (exactly what he is currently doing), then I encourage them to do the same. The image is tarnished today and will be further tarnished with CD's release (if that ever happens). Some people manage to just love this band despite the fact that they have yet to accomplish anything. I'm waiting for them to deserve respect before just handing it to them because Axl managed to manipulate his way into ownership of a name and hired a bunch of guys to replicate the previous band. It's not the same band, it's not a better band (at this point and likely never will be).

I understand why Slash and Duff did what they did. It was out of love and respect for the band, the music they made, and the fans who made all of them what they were and what they are. They also did it because it was a chance to get some revenge against someone that screwed them over. They are human, they make mistakes. The difference is they don't blame everybody else and make other people (like multiple managers for example) scapegoats for their fuckups. I have a lot more respect for what they've done to progress and grow over the past 10 years than anything Axl has done since the UYI days. Whether you love what they've done or not, you have to at least respect the fact that Slash and Duff have put an effort into pleasing their fans. Sure, they've made money and they deserve to. You bash them for doing it, yet you applaud Axl for hiring a whole new band, not advertising anyone in the band other than himself, touring as the band he used to be in, and falsely claiming an album would be out so that people would show up to another Chinese Democracy tour? Wake up, you've been duped.

Axl tells you to fuck off and treats his fans like shit (only announcing something when it becomes clear to him that he is about to lose the few people that have stuck with him through all the nothing he's delivered), lies about delivering an album, then cancels concerts because not enough people are showing up using the need to finish that same album he promised as an excuse - now there is a genius. :rolleyes:

Ok Urlacher54, clearly we have different opinions...which isn't a bad thing. But we could probably go on like this untill the release of CD, being it March 6 2006 (in my opinion/hopes) or November 21st 2019 (in your opinion). So to save us some time for more important stuff, let's leave it at the 2 of us "seperating because of insuperable differences".

Thank you for calling me smart! ;)

Edited by Roy79

Ok Urlacher54, clearly we have different opinions...which isn't a bad thing. But we could probably go on like this untill the release of CD, being it March 6 2006 (in my opinion/hopes) or November 21st 2019 (in your opinion). So to save us some time for more important stuff, let's leave it at the 2 of us "seperating because of insuperable differences".

Anybody that posts as well thought out as you did is smart whether I agree or disagree with what they say. Great conversation, I wish more people could talk like this instead of name calling.

Anybody that posts as well thought out as you did is smart whether I agree or disagree with what they say. Great conversation, I wish more people could talk like this instead of name calling.

I agree! Those fuckertards! :rofl-lol:

Damn, we agreed!